4. Invoke - the presence of spirits to assist in tasks, to protect on journeys, to grant guidance, maintain connections and uphold contracts.
5. Craft - use the hands to create, to construct, imbue each creation with spirit and purpose, a meal, a potion, a carving, a weaving, enchant the mundane and material.
6. Sing - the old songs, the power songs, the prayers, the chants, to heal, to awaken, to enforce, to ward, sing the sun to sleep and the moon to rising, sing in the bath, at the hearth, in the heart.
7. Read - widely and deeply, old and new, academic and popular, across boundaries and taboos, slowly and with full attention, take notes, research, reflect.
8. Write - record experiences, practices, thoughts. keep journals and grimoires, spellbooks and scripts, remember, elucidate, illuminate.
9. Draw - sigils and runes, symbols and signs. Carve, paint, scratch, blacken, redden, scrawl, in the sand, with salt, in the air, with chalk, ink, blood, charcoal, the mind.
10. Collect - herbs, woods, stones, feathers, bones, teeth, soil, the raw materials of natural magic, fill jars, boxes, bags, gather, forage, wildcraft, thrift, take that which is discarded, value the found over the bought.
11. Observe - the cycles of moon, sun, planets, stars, take heed with the eyes as well as the almanac, feel the sap rise, the birds migrate, the bulbs awaken, the leaves wither.
12. Renew - old spells, old wards, protections, and boundaries. Clean what is obscured, recast what has weakened, maintain what is working, replace what is lost. Tie up loose ends.
13. Communicate - with everything, stones, trees, spirits, the dead, that which grows in the garden and that which visits it, other practitioners, mentors, students, seekers, the younger self, the higher self, the wyrd.
Kaaja Collection by Carlos Jiménez Design for By Enströms
This Furniture collection, called Kaaja, is a design developed by Carlos Jiménez Design. Ithaca a character of straight geometrical and minimalistic shapes to allow a high number of combinations and personalization, without losing its combination of Scandinavian style and Mediterranean influence. It is the new furniture line of the Swedish By Enströms company.
The Basket furniture collection by Alain Gilles Studio
For the British Vincent Sheppard furniture company the Alain Gilles Studio created a modern interpretation of rattan furnitures. The Basket collection is an armchair and a side table. The side table is set together of a basket and a removable tablet. The rattan parts are supported by lacquered steel.
You can slow things down. Take a walk without your phone, go swimming, wade, climb a tree, balance a glass of water on your head, collect wood, carry water, read a book, hold a rock and feel it’s shape, breathe, listen to the wind, watch the moon, feel an itch on your body and let it just be itchy, fold your clothes, breathe some more. How do you slow things down? This is all a reminder for myself.
Ensemble is a collection of furniture items that is designed with ease of assembling and carrying in mind. It was created by the moving needs of the owners of Mexico based Duco Lab. The wooden parts are made of Poplar or Tzalam wood. The steel parts are made of powder coated sheet metal.
The Redux collection of modern wooden vintage cars by Candylab
Candylab is the Brooklyn based company, that created an awesome range of modern little wooden toy cars, with the style, vibe and character of vintage muscle cars and other iconic American cars. now they created a new collection, the Redux collection. A series of four iconic American cars, that is a must in the home of everyone who has passion for vintage cars and child, or at least a strong inner-child. You can find it here on Kickstarter.