The 10 Commandments of Vagffirmative Action
Excerpt from Feminist Fightclub by Jessica Bennett
1. Thou Shalt Support Other Women
Welcome and embrace them with bosom-like support.
2. Thou Shalt Derive Strength From the Group
Once you begin to see all women as sisters in combat, you will begin to feel invincible.
3. Thou Shalt Employ A Vagina First Policy
Hire women. Mentor women. Support women’s ideas. You needn’t be an anti-penis, but you must consider women first.
4. Thou Shalt Be Who the Fight Club Thinks You Are
Strong, confident, fierce. Let the cheers of your fellow fighters become the voices in your head.
5. Thou Shalt Vagffirm Each Other
Duties include: bragging on behalf of awesome ladies, publicly affirming a woman with a good idea, and lots of snaps.
6. Thou Shalt Invest in Female Friendships
The only thing better than a self confident woman is an army of them.
7. Thou Shalt Ask for Help
Tap the power of the group. It is here to support you.
8. Thou Shalt Respect Your Elders
We stand on the shoulder pads of the women who came before us.
9. Thou Shalt Lift Up Your Juniors
Pass on your wisdom to the next generation. Help them rise up. Learn from them.
10. Thou Shalt Help a Sister in Need
Once a month, you MUST do something to help another woman.