The Oklahoma rep behind the state’s most recent abortion bill thinks it’s time men were allowed a little more say in what women do with their bodies — because women are mere “hosts” who don’t always treat their wombs responsibly.
“I believe one of the breakdowns in our society is that we have excluded the man out of all of these types of decisions,” Oklahoma Rep. Justin Humphrey told The Intercept.
His bill, HB 1441, would require women seeking abortions to first obtain the father’s written permission.
“I understand that they feel like that is their body,” he continued, referring to women. “I feel like it is a separate — what I call them is, is you’re a ‘host.’ And you know when you enter into a relationship you’re going to be that host and so, you know, if you pre-know that then take all precautions and don’t get pregnant.” Read more (2/14/17 8:00 AM)
TheMysteryShack needs more souvenir shirts to sell to suckers!
Here at TheMysteryShack, there’s a lot of tourists looking to part with their money. These simpletons love t-shirts. So we want to make more t-shirts and give them to them. For money, of course! Submit your best Gravity Falls or Steven Universe shirt design for a chance to have it be made into a licensed product and see it sold across the entire web world wide.
1. Attach your design file in .ai (Adobe Illustrator) format or have the .ai file readily available if picked as a winner.
*EDIT: After Checking with the company specifically for shirts, an .ai file is NOT required like with some of their other products. Files accepted include: .ai, .psd, .jpg, .png. Apologies for any added stress or confusion.
2. Attach the sample shirt design used for voting as a jpg file. If you want to be specific, you can choose the specific color you’d want the shirt to be on. You can also further specify certain design elements be certain sizes, i.e. “the design is 6” across the upper chest"
3. No foul language, obsessive violence, gore, etc. These are children’s shows and the companies will have final approval.
4. No Crossovers. Each design picked is submitted to their respective networks.
5. Include your name (or how you wish to be referred to as) when submitting your artwork to receive proper attribution.
6. Artwork should be designed for a surface area of 15" to 19" at 300 DPI. This is considered the printable surface area of a typical t-shirt.
Email to email@example.com with your submission!
1. Submit whatever you want. It can be well placed stock art or something totally original. Keep in mind that Disney/CN will be approving these so try not to submit anything that you know wouldn’t fly on the show. Subversive designs might sneak by them so put on those thinking caps!
2. You must be the artist for any original art submitted or have written permission from the artist to submit. You can submit stock art with added words or phrases.
3. Entries can be submitted until April 30th, 2017. Entries will be divided based on the show it’s from.
4. Winners will be chose in multiple stages TBD. Polls will be used to narrow down potential candidates. There is no limit to the amount of winners.
5. Open to anyone anywhere in the world.
1. Several winners will be chosen. Each selected winner of a design chosen to be submitted for licensee approval will receive a monetary reward of $100 USD.
2. Winners with designs accepted by Disney and CN and made into a shirt will also receive a commission for each shirt sold for the first 6 months of availability.
3. Winners with shirts approved and produced will also receive one shirt of their design in an adult unisex size of their choosing.
4. All selected design winners will also receive small gift packages containing merchandise from either Gravity Falls or Steven Universe.
Things to Keep in Mind
1. Treat your design as if it’s on a adult small sized shirt when specifying sizing and placement.
2. Submit a design that works as a shirt. This is important! Taking a poster type of artwork and slapping it on a shirt is lazy, even if some big companies in malls do it.
3. Submitting a design does not guarantee your design will be made into a shirt. Being chosen as a winning design does not guarantee your design will be made into a shirt. Disney and Cartoon Network have final say.
There’s a *very* christian book about dating in our school’s library which is supposed to be 100% serious, but is actually funnier than most comedies I’ve read.
●It has a list of date ideas, which includes:
- inviting a non-christian couple to a fair and teaching them about God
- literally kidnapping your significant other (???)
- washing a neighbour’s dog
- letting your girlfriend drive a car while you run behind it
●It also has a list of flaws your SO shouldn’t have, but it’s literally just seven deadly sins. That’s it.
● According to this book, using autocorrect and doing drugs count as witchcraft.
●It says you can’t fuck a girl if you don’t have her father’s written permission
●It teaches you to praise your gf for having traits which make her similar to Christ (?¿)
● “Does your lover like WILD PARTIES? ”
● There’s an entire paragraph warning you that holding hands leads to sex. I wish I was joking.
● The first two pages is basically “have sex with whoever you want! whenever you want! however you want! do wat u want!!!”, which is pretty odd considering the previous point
● The back cover is a picture of two teens holding hands surrounded by this speed meme blur thing (idk what it’s called but I hope you know what I mean)
That One Time when ronan takes gansey’s words (”time is a circle or a figure of eight or a goddamn Slinky”) a little too literally and accidentally creates The Slinky of Time, which shows images of the past, present and future from ronan’s perspective
which means the future is really things ronan wants to happen