Scene: Me cooking like mad for our 2 Thanksgiving meals tomorrow (one with his family, one with mine)
Husband: You know, you’re working really hard… How about we go out for dinner?
Me: Well, okay. I was planning on just ordering a pizza, but that works too.
Husband: I just thought you might like to get out of the house for a while.
Me: Sounds good. But the kids both need a bath first.
What actually proceeds to happen over the course of the day:
- I make sure both children have a bath.
- I help my daughter with her hair. (It’s naturally curly & requires a lot of work.)
- Talk to my dad on the phone to touch base about lunch tomorrow.
- Get mail from mailbox.
- Let dog in and out half a dozen times.
All while I simultaneously:
- Make 4 pumpkin pies.
- Boil 1 dozen eggs.
- Make 3 batches of yeast rolls from scratch. (and I’m still making more!)
- Peel 5 lbs of potatoes.
- Wash dishes. (No, I don’t have a dishwasher. *sadface*)
What he proceeds to do:
- Play video games until he passes out on the couch.
Ugh! Now I know that I’ll also have to drive us to the restaurant and back. And when I get home, tuck both kids into bed… and then cook some more. *sigh* My life would have been so much easier if we had just ordered the pizza. But, noooooo….. can’t have that.
Sorry… I just needed to rant my first world problems there for a bit.