Every Argument About “Buffy” On The Internet, From 1998 Until Now
Joss Whedon: Inventer Of Feminism Or Literal Hitler?
- Joss Whedon invented feminism. Before Joss Whedon, every female character on television was crushed to death under the weight of her male co-stars’ heavier paychecks in the second-season finale.
- Every female character Joss Whedon ever wrote was forcibly impregnated by a demon and brutally murdered, because Joss Whedon hates lesbians.
- But Warren And The Trio Were –
- EVERYONE GETS THAT WARREN AND THE TRIO REPRESENTED THE THREAT OF NON-SUPERNATURAL MISOGYNY, YOU DON’T GET CREDIT FOR PICKING UP ON THAT
Joss Whedon Doesn’t Understand What Bisexuality Is
- Willow Identifies As Gay And You Are Robbing Her Of Self-Determination Because She Doesn’t Have A “Gold Star”
- I’d Feel More Comfortable With Willow’s Lesbianism If It Weren’t Sometimes Equated With Drug Addiction, Literal Vampirism, And Megalomania
- But She Was Clearly In Love With Oz
- Who Are You To Say What Love Is
- Dark Willow Was Pretty Hot, Though
- Yeah, Dark Willow Was Super Hot
- I’d Watch Dark Willow And Doppelgangland-Era Willow Hook Up If It Weren’t A Patriarchal Fantasy
Spuffy Is Problematic
- Bangel Is A Child’s Delusion Of What Love Is
- Spuffy Is Literally Assault
- Okay But He Felt Really Bad About It And Didn’t Have A Soul
Waif-Fu And Thermodynamics: You Can’t Violate The Law Of Conservation Of Momentum
Season Six Felt Like Watching My Friends Get Murdered In Slow Motion Right In Front Of Me
- It Was Worth It For Once More, With Feeling, Though
- No, It Wasn’t
- Doublemeat Palace Cancels Out Once More, With Feeling
- Doublemeat Palace Cancels Out My Childhood
Xander Is The Only Character Who Retains Their Humanity On The Entire Show
- Xander Is A Greater Monster Than Angelus And Invented “Nice Guy” Syndrome
Buffy Started To Falter After Angel Premiered
- No, Buffy Started To Falter After Firefly Premiered
- No, Buffy Has Never Faltered And Is Still On The Air
- Buffy Started To Falter When Angel/Faith/Buffy Came Back
- Buffy Was Better When It Was A Movie With Kristy Swanson
What If Evil?
- Dark Willow Straight-Up Flayed a Dude!
- Extremism In the Pursuit of Love Is No Vice
- If a Dude Had Flayed Willow, Would We Be Cheering?
Everyone Was Too Hard On Dawn For Being A Regular Human Being
- Don’t You Dare Try To Retroactively Justify Dawn
Oz vs. Tara
- Oz Was Boring; Tara Was Too Good For This Sinful Earth
- Tara Was Boring; Oz Was The Greatest Love Interest In Television History; Remember That Animal Crackers Monologue
- What About Kenned–
- SHUT UP ABOUT KENNEDY
Jenny Calendar And Race-Bending
Is It Important That Buffy Is Decidedly Not Book Smart?
- Not Everyone Is Book Smart, That Is Elitist
- Buffy is the Lady Channing Tatum of being Body Smart and That Is Sufficient
- It Is a Tremendous Problem and Girls Should Not Watch This Show Or They Will Not Take College Seriously
I Shouldn’t Have To Watch Angel In Order To Appreciate Cordelia’s Growth As A Character
Shaming: Everyone Is Shamed
- “Beer Bad” Is Slut-Shaming
- “Beer Bad” Is Substance-Shaming and Preachy
- “Beer Bad” Is Just a Terrible Episode
- Angel Losing His Soul After He Has Sex With Buffy is Slut-Shaming
- THE EPISODE WHERE WILLOW ATTENDS THE WICCAN MEETING IS WICCAN-SHAMING WICCANS ARE REAL WE ARE NOT YOUR PUNCHLINE
KENDRA’S ACCENT THOUGH
- Was It Irish Sometimes, Or Was That Just Me?
- Her Accent is Perfect, and Not To Be Questioned
Activating All Potential Slayers Was An Act Of Patriarchal Violence
- Slaying Is Empowering
- No, Slayers Were Literally Created When A Woman Of Color Was Forcibly Invaded By A Demonic Essence
- Oh, Right
- But Then They Get To Beat Up Everybody
- Dark Willow Straight-Up Flayed a Dude