SOME IMPORTANT QUOTES FROM THE ONES WHO WALK AWAY FROM OMELAS
- “Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting.”
- "But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else.“
- "Happiness is based on a just discrimination of what is necessary, what is neither necessary nor destructive, and what is destructive."
- ”…but they all understand that their happiness, the beauty of their city…depend wholly on this child’s abominable misery.“
- ”…to throw away the happiness of thousands for the chance of happiness of one: that would be to let guilt inside the walls indeed.“
- "They…walk away from Omelas, through the beautiful gates… Each one goes alone, youth or girl man or woman."
- "It is possible it does not exist. But they seem to know where they are going, the ones who walk away from Omelas.”
BONUS: NOT PHILOSOPHICAL BUT I CANT HELP BUT READ IN-BETWEEN THE LINES HERE IN REGARDS TO BTS
"Sober-faced, the young riders stroke the horses’ necks and soothe them, whispering ‘Quiet, quiet, there my beauty, my hope…’ “
So from what I’ve read, I’m going to explain my theory kind of. HYYH was a representation of the "good side” youth. Childhood kind of. The most beautiful moment in life. Happiness. WINGS was the “growing up” part of youth. The facing your demons. Finding your way and discovering yourself. Boy meets evil. YNWA is about the false sense of security “childhood” brings, but, once you’ve face your demons and made it through the pain and “grown up”, you’ll never walk alone. It’s the warm spring day after winter. Whether it be family or friends or BTS through their music, you made it through the hard part of life and regardless of how you feel BTS wants to let you know you never walk alone. Ever.
Please message me if you wanna talk some more or have something add I would love it!