“Smile!” “What?” “Smile! For the camera!” Leeeaning– “Don’t you da–” Leeeannns further. Thump. Camera SNAP.
“….I hate yousomuch.”
I have two threads sitting in my Threadtracker telling me it’s my turn but instead the render I have been working on and mercilessly dropping hints at @fulluponcrazy about this as well as pestering them about their Alistair Modern Thedas AU.
Unfortunately, I wanted to actually try and get his uniform the way they sketched it–but blue collar, silver highlights, grey and such. The original uniform I hand painted + the original park scene (where I wanted to include gummie bears) ended up crashing my computer 9 times today so I gave up, deleted the intricate park background and shoved a simple wall prob behind them. As well as an all black espionage like armor for Alistair. ;-;
- “You look so hot in that babe.” Nursey commented, taking in Dex’s outfit. Admittedly, he always found Dex hot, but Dex in his jumper was definitely the hottest thing ever.
- Especially blushing Dex in Nursey’s jumper.
- “You’re just saying that cos I’m wearing your clothes.” Dex says, trying to change the subject from himself. “Its the jumper. Its, like, absorbed your hotness, and now it makes you think I’m hot wearing it”
- “Please, you’re way hotter than me in that jumper babe” Nursey argues, sitting up in the bed.
- “Nah, you’re way hotter than me.” Dex argues, rolling his eyes. He begins to get ready for bed as they talk.
- "No way Dex. You’re the hot one in this relationship. Anyone can see that.” Nursey says, pulling back the blankets for Dex to get into bed.
- “Seriously? Ask anyone Derek, they’d agree you’re hotter” Dex said, as he cuddled up to Nursey.
- “They wouldn’t. And you’ll see that tomorrow when we ask people” Nursey said, wrapping an arm around Dex as he spoke.
- Dex didn’t reply, just huffed a laugh, before falling asleep.
- Nursey quickly grabs his phone, and texts the guys individually: "Gonna ask the team a question tomorrow. The answer is Dex. I’ll owe you big time. Don’t tell him I asked you”.
- He falls asleep after sending it.
- Next morning, Dex waked up before Nursey. He texts each of his teammates individually: “Need you to answer Nursey when he and I ask something later. I’ll owe you so much. Don’t tell him I asked you.”
- After sending it, he wakes Nursey, and they get ready for team breakfast.
- At breakfast the team is speculating what the messages are about. That quickly shut up when Dex and Nursey show up.
- 10 minutes into breakfast, Nursey asks The Question.
“So,” he starts, “who do you guys think is hotter? Me or Dex?”
- Nursey sits back, confident the team will answer Dex.
- Dex sips his coffee, confident they’ll answer Nursey.
- “Um..” Tango starts, breaking the silence “Dex is.”
- Dex nearly chokes on his coffee.
- “Definitely Dex.” Whiskey agrees with a nod, before turning his attention back to his pancakes.
- “No way bros.” Ransom argues. “Nursey is clearly hotter.”
- “No offense Dex, but Nursey is 100% hotter.” Holster agrees, smiling at Nursey innocently.
- Nursey is giving him a death glare for betraying him like this.
- “Um, are y'all serious?” Bitty asks from his end of the table. “Look at those freckles! That hair! Those eyes! Dex is hotter than Nursey”
- “Bitty. Bits. Are we seeing the same people? Nursey is way hotter” Lardo’s argues, stifling a laugh.
- “Hang on, that’s me, Rans, ‘n’ Lardo for Nursey. And Bitty, Tango, and Whiskey for Dex. So, its a tie?” Holster says.
- “Chowder hasn’t voted yet” Tango points out, and the team turn to Chowder.
- “Chowder. The tie breaker. Who is hotter?” Ransom asks.
- Okay these are his two best friends, and he’d be lying if he never thought “oh Nursey looks good” or “Dex is good looking” but choosing might offend one of them. Plus, voting one over the other means he’s not doing the favour the other asked him for and that’s so mean!
- Something must show on his face, cos Dex and Nursey let him off the hook.
- “Its chill C. We’ll ask other people see who wins.”
- Chowder has never been more relieved in his life.
- Dex heads to class, and Nursey promises to meet him after.
- Dex asks his friends in that class to say Nursey is hotter than him when asked later. He’ll help them with their coding in return.
- After class, Nursey shows up. The Question is asked of 5 of Dex’s friends.
- 4 answer Nursey is hotter
- The one secretly (or not so secretly….) crushing on Dex says he’s hotter.
- So that’s 7 for Nursey being hotter, 4 for Dex being hotter.
- So Dex is winning at being right while Nursey is winning at being hot.
- Nursey will not allow that to happen. No way. Dex is hotter, and he’ll prove it
- By bribing his study group. He’ll do most of the work for the project, and credit them, if they agree Dex is hotter.
- They’re not about to turn down this deal, and all 5 of them agree with Nursey - Dex is hotter.
- Votes for Dex being hotter: 8
- Votes for Nursey being hotter: 7
- At this stage they each start a tally, which they’ll count up at the end of the day.
- Dex bribes their server at Annie’s to compliment Nursey and say he’s hotter, by giving them extra tips.
- Nursey promises to help his classmates with their poetry if they vote Dex as hotter.
- Dex offers so many people free repairs for a month for voting Nursey as hotter.
- Nursey buys lunch for the volleyball team for voting Dex.
- Dex promises to tutor half the freshman in coding for their votes for Nursey.
- End of the day they return to the Haus, and ask Chowder to count up and announce the results of who’s hotter.
“I’m never going to get this!” Dex exclaimed, slamming the baking tray down onto the counter.
“Of course you will sweetie,” Bitty reassured him, picking up some of the cookies that had fallen. “It just takes practice.” Dex said, as he sat down at the kitchen table. “Why can’t I make some cookies?”
“Maybe we could try somethin’ else? And come back to these vegetarian peanut butter cookies?” Bitty suggested.
“No! I have to get these right Bitty! I have to!” Dex said. He hid his face in his hands, and missed the look Bitty was giving him.