- Talk to the surgeon about the size you want your new areolas/nipples (don’t be afraid to ask)
- Numbness. No one talks about this for guys who are about to have surgery. You’re going to be numb all in your chest area, especially where the incisions were. They cut nerves as they pass along your chest, and it can take up to a year to regenerate those nerves. Still, feels super foreign for the first two weeks
- Make your bed into a pillow chair, body pillow, two on each side, and two for your head.
- Sleep alone. I tried to sleep with my girlfriend and it was miserable. You really do need the entire bed for yourself
- Go on Groupon, & get yourself a 10 foot lightning cable iPhone charger, BEST THING EVER, can reach from wherever you are
- Don’t take a week off from work, take two. You will regret the one week, and love the extra time
- When they say “don’t move too much, even after the first week”. LISTEN. I moved way too much and got so sore super quickly.
- Drink lots of water & eat if your taking the pain medication, otherwise your stomach feels super funky.
- Get stool softeners, & don’t be afraid to take those babies. Don’t wait a week to poop. you’ll surely regret it.
- The drains are scary & they may hurt while draining or rewrapping your dressings, but once they come out, the second they do, its no more pain, its crazy.
i hope this helps someone, because i wish i knew all of this when i was having mine a month ago. Looking back its like everyone forgets all the real negatives, its a great experience, & i healed very well & quick compared to most, but the first few days are crazy. They hurt, suck but it gets better.
don’t have to separate these things with Jefferson. He can have written this incredible
document, and several incredible documents, that we all, sort of- with things
that we all believe in. And he sucks.
think those are both true, and those have to be both true. I think we really
have to stop separating them, ‘cause that’s when you get into trouble. That’s
when you stop letting people be whole people.
history meme(french edition) → 4 families/dynasties/houses (¾) the rulingHouse of Bourbon.
“The Bourbons ruled their homeland for over two centuries, making it the greatest power in Europe, and taming and uniting a people who are arguably the most individualist and ungovernable in the world. They were the personification of both this grandeur and this seduction; let it be known that Louis XVI became a figure of compelling interest, with his refusal to save himself by shedding his people’s blood, creating a martyrdom in which he was soon joined by his beautiful Queen.” – Desmond Seward, The Bourbon Kings of France.
so i’ve been making monthly fic recs for a full year now! that’s so insane to think about honestly. thanks for all the support! my first monthly fic rec was for april 2016 and it had 10 fics on it. now they have upwards of almost 30 fics. that’s character development. anyway…
here are a bunch of fics I’ve enjoyed and loved reading throughout the month of march. I recommend that you read these great fics in april, if you haven’t already.
(all fics with a star are my favorites and if there are two stars then it was a favorite favorite)
What do you do when your best friend asks you and your (now) ex to be the best men at his destination wedding? You can either tell him the truth, tell him you’re not together anymore, and deal with the consequences, or you can pretend you’re still together and roll with it, just pray you don’t spiral. Fake it ‘til you make it. You know, for the sake of the wedding.
What happens when all you had, all you loved, all you held dear is viciously ripped away from you? When your inner core, once filled with love and hope and light, blackens to raw, dark hatred?
What happens when your soul is hopelessly consumed and no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you attempt to shake yourself out, to rid your tormented mind of the opaque feelings that plague you, all you can see, all you can feel, all you can want is…
A modern adaption of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. A tragic tale of timeless undying love, merciless revenge, and selfless sacrifice.