Have you read Shattered Empire? If so, thoughts on Shara and Kes?
Loved them! I wish we saw more of them, but as it is, I think it was a nice touch to show Poe’s parents like that, it rooted the character within the pre-established story, and I like continuation like that. The characters themselves were cool, too.
Hi, I watched Dreamcatcher's new mv, and I was reading the comments, and "rumors" are going around that if Dreamcatcher doesn't get much recognition/popularity, they will go to Produce101 Season 3. I know this is just a rumor, but it makes me really, really worried. I don't want our girls to go there. They are doing great now!😭 I wish they weren't soo under-rated.😔 And it would be so hard after all the stuff they've been though. IM JUST REALLY WORRIED FOR THEM!!!😭😭 I needed to get this out.
Don’t worry too much yet. The girls are doing just fine. They’ve been doing better with each comeback and hopefully they continue to escalate in terms of popularity. At the end of the day, these are all unfounded rumors. There are many more groups out there with a much greater need for a show like Produce 101. The girls have only been around (as Dreamcatcher) for less than a year and have gotten far enough on their own. Let’s hope they (or Happy Face, rather) don’t feel the need to go on this show. We’re only at the start of promotions for their second comeback, don’t worry and just enjoy it!
Thinking of <WINGS>, I feel like I have a lot in common with Sinclair in <Demian>. He wants to break free from the care of others and be an adult, and so do I. Rather than saying it’s a special album, I would say it made me think a lot after hearing the album concept. “I want to be a real adult too.”
You graduated from high school. “If I kept studying and spending time with my friends like an ordinary person, I would think ‘So I finally became an adult’ when I graduate. But since I started living sort of an adult like since I was 15, I still feel like I’m a kid. I’m 21 but my mental age is like 15 years old. There’re a lot of adults around me too.”
Do the other members treat you as an adult? “Rather than treating me as an adult, they tell me “You’re an adult now”. Things like ‘Be mature’, ‘You’re an adult too, act carefully’ (laughs) Especially when my jokes go too far, they tell me to stay still, to not go too far. I tend to have to go through something to know it. If they tell me so, I’ll fix myself little by little. I’m gradually learning thanks to the hyungs,”
What you said earlier is what your solo song “Begin” is about. “There was a time when Bang Shihyuk Producer-nim and the 7 of us gathered and talked about all the stress, the distress we had been piling up for a long time, and we all cried together. Rap Monster-hyung listened to my story from that time and wrote the lyrics.”
Comparing before and after debut, do you feel you have changed a lot thanks to the members? “I changed a lot for sure. I gained a lot of confidence too. I couldn’t even talk like this before. I kept watching the hyungs doing interviews from the side and as time goes by, I started talking little by little and eventually was able to do interviews. Hyungs really made me. I learn music by watching foreign artists and pick up basically everything else thanks to the hyungs.”
Are you the type to express your feelings well? “I’m not good at it. I feel embarrassed even from saying thank you so I basically never do it. I’m good at complaining though. (laughs) I can complain easily but when it comes to good talks, it always feels awkward. I can do it through texts since it’s somewhat easier, but talking directly is really hard.”
BTS grows up along with each album’s story, and Jungkook grows up along with BTS too. “Thinking of <WINGS>, I feel like I have a lot in common with Sinclair in <Demian>. He wants to break free from the care of others and be an adult, and so do I. Rather than saying it’s a special album, I would say it made me think a lot after hearing the album concept. ‘I want to be a real adult too’. Looking at the other hyungs, don’t they know themselves and do well? They can think and create something by themselves, but I still lack a lot so there’s not much I can do by myself. It’s not like I’m good at composing or anything. I want to try my best and be able to do something well.”
Are you talking about wanting to compose music? “On some level, yes. I stayed up until 7 in the morning to try composing with MIDI the day before this interview too. I don’t know piano chords since I didn’t learn it, so playing the song’s very hard. The hyungs were all tired, I didn’t want to bother them by asking what I don’t know. I want a certain sound to be at this part but finding it is difficult, so I just try pressing every key. I keep telling the company I want to learn piano so I can start composing, and now I’m planning to properly start working with MIDI.”
But is it necessary for every member of the team to make songs? “Just because 2-3 members of the team will make songs doesn’t mean the others don’t have to do it. It’ll be great if everyone can. Besides, the kind of music and emotions I like are different from what the other members like. I want to make my emotions into a story and hear it in sound. But I’m upset that I still can’t do it well. Not long ago I was playing with MIDI before I slept and it make me think I want to get my name on the album credit soon too.”
To what level do you want to make it? “I haven’t considered that. I just plan to do it slowly without thinking too hastily.”
What kind of music and emotions do you like? “I like quiet songs. The emotional and sad songs, kind of gloomy rather than bright. I really like listening to piano and guitar sounds. When I want to get excited I listen to loud songs such as hip hop or EDM, but usually I listen to quiet songs, like pop ballad.”
You have been nicknamed “Golden Maknae” for being multi-talented since debut, is there any time when you have no confidence? “Rather than having no confidence, I’m the type to cower inside a little bit. I tend to think I have a long way to go even if I dance well, or think “I can’t sing” even if they say I sing well. I would still be like that 10 years later, when I practice and become someone who can really sing well. I would keep this thought even if I’m the ultimate vocalist. I’m originally this type of person.”
Don’t idols have to show that they think “I’m the best” on stage? “It’s different on stage. There, I must show everything I can there and then come down. Only after that do I think about myself. It’s closer to thinking I have a long way to go than me having no confidence.”
<WINGS> contains the solo songs of each member and it somewhat revealed each person’s color a little more in various ways. What do you think is your role in BTS? “What am I in the team… I’m curious what the hyungs think about me but I have never asked them. Can I ask like ‘What do you think about me’? (laughs) I just wish I don’t cause harm to the team, that I’m helpful. And, of course the other members are doing very well but, I hope I can become the kind of existence that without me, a part of it will fall apart. I hope I can become a member that shows our synergy when the 7 of us gather.”
To do that, it would be important to find what is of your own. “I still don’t have it yet, my core. I’m thinking so. That’s why I have to learn more and work harder so I can step up my game. Finding what only I have is, in some ways, the goal of my life.”
Blessed are the readers, for theirs is the archive.
Blessed are the betas: for they help us write the stories we see in our hearts. Blessed are they that kudo, for they reassure us that someone likes what we’ve done. Blessed are the rebloggers and reccers, for they help the readers find our work. Blessed are they which leave comments on a WIP that say something other than “write more please”: for they comfort us when we feel taken for granted. Blessed are the commenters; for their words bring us joy. Blessed are the loyal fans, for they keep the fandom alive. Blessed are the fan artists, for they bring our worlds to life before our eyes. Blessed are they which read an entire long fic and comment each chapter, for the string of comment notifications fills the writer’s heart with delight. Blessed are ye, who rec our fics in public and tag us, for seeing that we made somebody squee is the light in our days. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad; for great is your reward in fandom.
Destiel, Bi!Dean and preparing the audience for a “shocker”.
I just did a re-watch of 12x10 and it really got me thinking
again about Benjamin and Cas’s talk in the car with the boys about Benjamin and
his female vessel.
At the time the episode aired, I think I was so excited
about the prospect of Cas being in a female vessel, and how this could
potentially shift a heteronormative audiences perception of Dean and Cas that I
didn’t realise just what else they were trying to do.
This is about reassurance.
This is the conversation that was had in the car:
CAS: Benjamin is always very careful. Long ago, he found a
powerfully devout vessel in Madrid, and her faith, it… she gave him
everything – her trust and her body.
DEAN: Wait. So Benjamin’s a woman?
CAS: Benjamin is an angel. His vessel is a woman. But it –
it’s – it’s more than that. She’s not just his vessel.
Just this small exchange is important as exposition for the
audience. It is about preparing the
audience for what is coming up. The idea that Cas was also once ‘a woman’.
Which, okay, no he wasn’t a woman, he just had a female vessel, but imagine how
that would have gone down had this exchange not taken place? Imagine how a
general audience would have reacted to Cas and his female vessel had Benjamin
just been another angel in a male vessel?
Probably a lot like the way Dean acted here, with confusion.
By giving us the Benjamin character and this particular
scene as well, the writer has successfully prepared the audience for Cas in his
female vessel. Preventing raised eyebrows and confusion because the audience
will remember this conversation and apply it to Cas.
“Castiel is an angel, his vessel WAS a woman. His vessel is
now a man, Cas is still a dude and it’s not weird. Cool beans.”
(when I think of a general audience watching SPN lets just
say that I certainly don’t think of the fandom or tumblr. I think of my brother
and that is something I won’t get into here. Heteronormative doesn’t even begin
to cover it.)
The fact is, making one of your three main lead male characters
a woman for an episode is a weird thing to do, the kind of thing that would probably
make some audience members uncomfortable. So adding in this exposition, this reassurance, removes that level of
discomfort, it gets them used to the idea first, like a buffer.
See for a show like SPN, whilst its always been a bit weird with its story lines, it’s never
been all that progressive. As much as
we would all like to wish that all SPN viewers were like us – liberal forward
thinking people who are willing and eager for TV to break a few taboos – the
chances are that is very much not the case. Its an old show, it has an established
audience (apparently a bipartisan audience amazingly) and therefore breaking
boundaries the way more modern shows have (such as American Gods, How to Get Away
with Murder and Orange is the New Black) just isn’t really in the cards. Those
shows established the taboo stories, the queer main characters, the
representation, from the start. They built their audience on those foundations.
SPN can’t do that without isolating part of its audience – unless it thinks
very carefully as to how it may present such notions.
I hope I am explaining this in a way that makes sense. See
this is of course about Bi!Dean and Destiel (as if anything on my blog WASN’T
about those topics). Because here’s the thing. On any other, newer show, for
Dean to come out as bisexual, for two male lead characters to enter into a
homosexual relationship, it wouldn’t be a big deal. Those shows could build
their audience around those concepts, because they would be ingrained into the
show from the start.
For Supernatural, that sadly isn’t the case. SPN didn’t
clearly establish Dean as Bisexual early on, and Destiel isn’t canon, it has always
been the subject to interpretation with just enough ‘no homo’ so that anyone
who chooses not to see it doesn’t have to (again, excluding 12x19 but we’ll get
One of the biggest hurdles to getting bi!dean and canon
destiel, is for the SPN creators to overcome this fear that half their audience
would reject them if they actually went there. It would be seen as coming ‘out
of the blue’ and all those heteronormative people would raise their eyebrows
and moan and be utterly confused by it.
That’s why Supernatural needs the buffers. It needs the
gradual exposition, the subtle desensitisation of a general audience to
anything even mildly “progressive”. If Supernatural wasn’t putting these
buffers in place already, I would think we would have a problem. I would be
much more apprehensive at even the idea that destiel could be a thing that is
What is so fantastic, is that just like in 12x10 with the
fem!Cas buffer that was Benjamin, we have already
been getting buffers all throughout the last few seasons.
Here are some of my favourites:
Jesse x Cesar – 11x19 – These guys are my absolute
favourite, they were created specifically to show the audience that you can be
a gay man and also a macho man. That gay men aren’t stereotypes, that hunters can be gay and settle down and
especially that gay romance doesn’t
change the theme of the story. The big take away from this episode is that it shows the
general audience that men like Dean
Winchester can be gay/bisexual.
Hannah – 10x17 – This
was a real eye opener for any Cas x Hannah shippers. Because Cas didn’t treat
Hannah any different, and he had exactly the same warmth and affection for
Hannah in her male vessel that he did in her female vessel. Basically this was
a nice punch in the face for any homophobes watching. SPN doesn’t care about
your heteronormative ships. You wanna ship Hannah x Cas? Fine! But Hannah’s in
a dudes body now and guess what? Cas doesn’t care! How do you feel about THAT?
God is Bisexual – 11x20 – This was just a nice big fuck you
to homophobes everywhere. Don’t like queer characters? This is NOT the show for
you! Because in our world even GOD is queer! Yay for LGBT representation! It works
as a buffer because once again it is sending a message to the general audience
that this is the kind of thing you can expect on our show. We are changed now.
Dean rides Larry – 12x11 – Okay so maybe it’s not an obvious
buffer, but it is kind of a subliminal message so I’m counting it. Dean riding
that damn bull was the most sexual scene we have had on this show in seasons
(and no that god awful thing that happened in 12x02 doesn’t count – nor does
the same god awful thing from 12x08). The jokes alone, the sexual innuendos.
This entire episode is loaded with subliminal messages basically screaming at
the general audience to maybe just consider the fact that Dean likes guys.
12x06/12x20 – Max Banes – like Jesse and Cesar Max works as
a buffer because he is another way to get the general audience used to the idea
that characters that are similar to Dean Winchester can be queer and it’s no
big deal. Max is badass, funny, smart and charming and also 100% canonically
queer (whether gay or bi we know textually that he is totally into dudes). Sam
and Dean don’t bat an eyelid at his sexuality, so neither should the audience.
It is just one part of his character and certainly not what his story is all
about. Max is proof that you can have a queer character who is a badass and a
hunter whose story is basically nothing to do with their sexuality. Their
sexuality just happens to be a part of who they are.
And finally – Destiel – season 12 – I’m making this its own
buffer because honestly? There is no way to view Dean and Cas’s relationship as
non-romantic at this point. I think that the writers have slowly been turning
up the dial on Destiel probably since 11x18. 12x19 really drummed it in for us
though. The angel/human love themes of 12x10, the textual “I love you” in
12x12, the MIXTAPE and everything else about 12x19. This is all preparation. It
is indeed a build up to a reveal. Destiel is it’s own buffer and even if people
do still accuse it of ‘coming out of nowhere’ once it goes canon, all the
writers have to do is gesture at season 12 and the fucking mixtape scene and
say to those people “in what universe does the gifting of a mixtape between
people who are not explicitly related NOT have romantic connotations?” Only a
fool would argue with that if they had any knowledge of pop culture history.
Sorry, but that’s the truth.
Anyway, that’s my thoughts on that. A show with a long
established audience about to make a move that could potentially appear (but
not really) out of left field would need to build up that move through a series
of well thought out buffers, symbols, themes and subliminal messages before
actually making it.
Like how Benjamin was the writers way of normalising Cas’s
female vessel, the past two seasons have been a journey to normalise bi!dean
and destiel in preparation for making both of these things explicitly canon. Yes we still have a way to go - it still needs to be stated explicitly in the text that Dean is into guys, in love with Cas bla bla bla, but we are getting there.
summary. Destiel is endgame. Dean is bisexual. The general audience better
learn to throw their heteronormative goggles in the bin because this is the state of this show right now, and it is good.
I think one of my favorite things about wondertrev is that even after they sleep together (because let’s be real they totally did it) their relationship does not really change. There was no scene afterwards that showed them awkwardly looking at each other, not knowing what to say, or making a big deal out of it. Steve doesn’t suddenly become overprotective of her or treat her differently. They still encouraged each other, respected each other, and argued throughout the movie. Their relationship and love for each other continued to progress without putting an emphasis that they were a couple
I’m back from the event and I’ll write a report before going to sleep, mostly because I’m sure I will not be able to decipher my scribbles when I wake up… It’s not the full talk show since you can’t record it and also I couldn’t possibly write down everything, but I tried to take note of most things, especially stuff that has never been mentioned elsewhere. In the end it became quite long so I guess I was able to get most of the stuff down…
Needless to say it’s my notes, so other people might write about parts I omitted, etc. To be honest quite a few of the things they said especially in the beginning, like what the seiyuu think about their characters, is something I’ve read so many times in interviews that I could almost answer in their place, lol… I was a bit disappointed that one of the questions that was answered is the one about Chris’ mysterious acquaintance, because actually Kubo answered that in Pash already (it’s in the Q&A part I’ll be translating later), and I hoped they would feature questions about stuff that hasn’t been explained yet. Well I guess not everybody reads interviews, but still…
Due to the format of the report you can find my comments here and there, mostly in brackets. Under the cut because it’s long.
I forgot to mention something important: the ones participating in the talk show were Mitsurou Kubo, Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Yuuri), Junichi Suwabe (Victor), Kouki Uchiyama (Yurio).
So with posting the rooms and whatnot, I finally noticed the kitchen next to the lounge. And I really wish showed a bit more how meals go in the manga but-
- Everyone labels their food. There’s often fights about missing food
- Mineta guards all his food by putting balls on them. Which gets really annoying because the others can’t get them off their own stuff if they happen to touch
- Someone keeps eating Bakugou’s cereal and he throws a fit every time. It’s become a running joke for the class to make sure he never finds out who it is (it’s Kaminari)
- Yaoyorozu and Todoroki tried making dinner together once, but they had no clue what they were doing and caught several things on fire. Todoroki panicked and froze half the kitchen
- While Sato normally bakes in his room, he sometimes bakes something in the kitchen for everyone to share
- Ashido once took half of the cake without anyone noticing until it was too late
- Bakugou is banned from the kitchen when someone else is cooking because he gets frustrated if they’re doing something wrong and tries to take over
- Midoriya, Uraraka, Tokoyami, Kirishima, and Jirou are the people that are for some reason in the kitchen at 3 AM for a snack
- Iida hates the kitchen because it’s always so unorganized and “For the love of god, CLEAN UP AFTER YOU MAKE SOMETHING!”
- Uraraka tried making pasta once at 4 AM, but she spilled all the noodles on the ground
-Todoroki walked into the kitchen and was very confused because she was just laying on the floor with a defeated look on her face, surrounded by noodles
- Shoji is the best for breakfast foods. Sure it’s just simple things like eggs and toast, but he does it so well
- They made popcorn for a movie night, but not the bagged kind. The dump kernels into a machine let the popcorn pop out into a bowl kind
- Problem is: Kirishima poured in WAY to many kernels so the class had to fill all the bowls they had with popcorn. And still a good portion ended up on the floor
- Tsuyu is one of the few besides Bakugou who can cook well. But since she has younger siblings, her cooking is more geared towards kids (Micky Mouse pancakes, sandwiches cut into triangles, ect.)
- since they’re free to eat whenever on weekends, it’s common for friend groups to meet up at the same time to eat, everyone has some sort of unofficial schedule
- Somehow Tsuyu and Bakugou ended up in a cooking compitetion (she really didn’t want to be, but everyone was so pumped for it). Sero filmed the whole thing while Ashido and Kirishima played the announcers, holding up cooking utensils as mics
- “Bakugou is getting fired up!!! Is the pressure getting to him?!” “But man, look at Tsu go! She’s hardly breaking a sweat!”
- They kept going around from student to student, asking who they were rooting for “So who’s your pick to be the NEXT Class 1-A chef champion?!”
- Tsu wins and Bakugou doesn’t leave his room for the entire weekend
Because the response to 13 Reasons Why has been so controversial, I’d just like to point out some things.
As explained in 13 Reasons Why: Beyond the Reasons, the suicide scene was shown BECAUSE they wanted it to be painful for the audience to watch, as well as the rape scenes. Not because they wanted to be gruesome or inconsiderate, but because it is REALITY for so many people in the world and a lot of people like to pretend these things don’t exist or shield themselves from the reality of it; they ignore it because they’ve never gone through it, so they don’t care so much. So then when they see these scenes, they will be made uncomfortable and see what people are really truly experiencing and that it is not something that should at all be sugarcoated or ignored. IT IS REAL.
Secondly, for those saying it’s disgusting for them to show these scenes, THERE ARE WARNINGS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODES THAT SHOW RAPE AND/OR SUICIDE TO NOT WATCH IF IT WILL AFFECT THE VIEWER IN ANY WAY. These warnings are given specifically so that if you are not comfortable watching or believe it would cause a trigger, you should not even watch. So the fact that people are bashing the show for showing these scenes in relation to them being a trigger, the warnings are already made very clear in the beginning. They did take this step to make sure it wouldn’t just pop up and be any sort of triggers. The producers knew very well to be wary of that. The show also worked with a lot of psychiatrists, psychologists, and leading experts in teen-suicide prevention. Though this still may not be enough for you to think they did everything right, they again did have the warnings. They are very aware that it could cause triggers and put some people in danger, but THAT IS WHAT THE WARNINGS ARE FOR. DO NOT WATCH IF IT COULD DANGER YOU. VIEWER’S DISCRETION IS ALWAYS ADVISED.
THE SHOW WAS NOT CREATED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES. IT IS TO SPREAD AWARENESS FOR ALL THE ISSUES (suicide, rape, bullying) AND POINT OUT HOW LITTLE THE SIGNS CAN BE AND HOW MUCH MORE CAREFUL AND HELPFUL EVERYONE IN THE WORLD NEEDS TO BE TO THE PEOPLE AROUND US. As also talked about in Beyond the Reasons, they want to promote teaching boys the proper ways to approach a girl and gain permission to become intimate with her, always getting the YES to teach boys respect for women. This is very important because as most people know, it has always been extremely hard for rape victims to get help because of the “what were you wearing” “were you flirting” “did you lead him on” “did you directly say no” arguments that are so wrongfully executed—instead, 13 Reasons Why knows that this is an issue, as somewhat shown in the scene with Mr. Porter as he questions Hannah. So in the after show, they speak about how parents need to be teaching their children more about consent and less about just protecting yourself, covering up, etc. They are aware that the real issue is with proper consent, and that is a very important message to get across.
Coming from someone who has battled depression and suicidal thoughts and attempts, I must also point out that EVERY SINGLE PERSON, EXPERIENCES, THOUGHTS, REACTIONS, ETC ARE DIFFERENT. What one person suffering depression thinks may be different than another. Hannah Baker’s story is very unique in many ways yet also extremely relatable in many ways to many, many people and girls around the world. JUST BECAUSE YOUR STORY MAY BE DIFFERENT DOES NOT MEAN HERS IS INCORRECT OR LESS/MORE THAN ANOTHER’S. There are a lot of people who can relate to feeling as though you are NOTHING and of no worth to the people around you, just a burden that only disappoints everyone and makes their lives worse. This is a very real state of being and depression and feeling of complete worthlessness that people can reach in their lives, especially some young teenage girls, like Hannah Baker, and even myself, that will lead to suicidal thoughts, attempts, or completely following through with, like Hannah. They believe the world and their loved ones would be better off without them. Again, as someone who has attempted suicide as a teenager and worked for years to fight depression and overcome it, I can say that while the suicide scene did make me uncomfortable and was extremely painful to watch, I was not offended. I knew of the warning at the beginning of the episode, read it, and continued to watch because EVERYONE HANDLES THESE THINGS DIFFERENTLY. I UNDERSTOOD the purpose of including the scene and making it so graphic and realistic. IT’S REALITY, THIS IS HAPPENING TO PEOPLE EVERYDAY AND IT SHOULD NOT BE SUGARCOATED OR SHIELDED FROM THE WORLD; it needs to be made more AWARE OF by those who like to turn a blind eye to it, but it is exposed WITH WARNING. So again, if some feel as though a scene like this would be a trigger, IT IS ADVISED YOU DO NOT WATCH. Everyone is affected differently and they did not just insert it with no consideration for the affect it could have on those battling the same wars as Hannah.
To say Clay was an easy solution and could have saved Hannah by loving her—no, he could not have saved her by just loving her, that is not what this story is even saying. Hannah does explain at the end of her last tape as she exits the school that some people cared, but she felt it was only mediocre, not enough for her to want to stay and feel NEEDED and truly LOVED. So no, they are not saying Clay could have kept her alive by simply loving her, or that love can save someone, it is much more complex than that. What they are saying is that people can care, but not showing how much they truly care can affect someone in the ways it affected Hannah. It was not just one boy’s love that could have saved her, but the love and care of many people, for them to show that they truly cared about her being alive and DID NOT see her as worthless, an object, just another person on earth. She needed to feel as though they NEEDED her to stay, that they genuinely cared about her as a person and that her life was truly worth something, because she did not feel it was. When Clay says he could have kept her alive if he wasn’t so afraid to tell her he loved her, he simply means he could have given her a sense of hope, a sense of belonging on the earth, that someone truly, whole-heartedly valued her life and her as a human being, not an object.
The actress who plays Jessica also explained that she reached out to a family member who is an actual rape survivor, and she stated that she was pleased that the show was “not shying away from the ugliness” of these scenes because viewers will see what these people really go through–again, another topic that is usually sugarcoated and instead needs to be addressed.
13 Reasons Why is a unique way of telling the story of a teenage girl who committed suicide, and the reasoning for bringing it to screen was MOSTLY to promote awareness and shine light on things that are not talked about enough that the youth suffers every single day, things adults see as “normal teenager struggles,” “small stuff,” “it only feels like the end of the world and really isn’t,” etc. This show is being spread more than even expected, and that is a very good thing for those who are in need of help and have parents or peers that once ignored their problems and will now tend to them.
**an issue cannot be tended to/made aware of/more properly prevented if it is just sugarcoated rather than slapped in people’s faces (those who don’t realize how severe it is) like this show does. it can really change things and leave an impact.
**if you are at risk for triggers and do not feel you are currently healthy enough to watch this show, please take care of yourself and do not watch. or, skip episodes 9, 12, and 13 and read up on them instead. these are the episodes that can be triggers for those at risk, if you weren’t yet aware.
**also feel free to stop by my inbox and talk to me if you need someone to talk to, or just would like to speak more on the subject.
“You’ve left me paralyzed. And now I’m stuck, You’ve got me stuck. Hmmm—uh I never knew Just what I wanted. I still don’t know, it’s all missing. You’re picking up On what I started.”
(I guess it’s safe to say my Ghost!Arthur deserved a new design… yet again! First image is like a cover, with him standing with his Electro Beats and the name of the song I picked for him. Second image is a ref thingy and is numbered- you can check all details under ‘read more’!)
1. The first conversation that Tony and Steve ever have, they admit they like each other. Steve is just recruited and he wants to run for class president. Tony suggests he just take it but Steve says, “I like you Tony, but don’t ever disrespect the election process.” And Tony smiles and replies, “I like you too Cap, but by now you should know that I pretty much disrespect everything.” Then Tony campaigns for Cap anyway ;)
2. During the Civil War event, Tony made a Capsuit to put on a show for Steve. It was a cute ordeal more than anything, and Tony asks for a hug from Steve. Steve says no, and Tony apparently has a simulator where he’s hugging Steve in it. After, there’s a picture during the news announcement of Steve and Tony side hugging, smiling, and Tony is giving Steve bunny ears. (X)
3. Once Tony told Steve that he was his “favorite field commander.” (X)
4. Steve is talking to Natasha about Tony and Natasha tells him, “You two should just get married.” (X)
5. When Ronan came to the Academy for the first GoTG event, Steve said, “I got your back, Tony.”
6. Once Tony told Steve, “What if I told you the internet thought we were the perfect couple?”
7. Tony offers to upgrades Steve’s shield to make it lighter, stronger, and capable of firing energy blasts and Steve replies with, “Thanks, but I think you’re fancy enough for the both of us.” While smiling happily and Tony is shocked.
8. During the Halloween event, Tony had to do a last minute cardboard Iron Man costume because Baron Zemo bought the last Captain America costume. He was going to be Cap! And he’s mentioned dressing up as Cap as a kid more than once. (X)
9. Tony said once, “I mock because I love. Ask Cap, I’ve been mocking him for months.” So….he’s loved him for months.
10. Tony asked Steve for girl advice, and said he was absurdly handsome. So they go working out together at the gym…clearly showing off for each other, and not a girl. Tony thinks he did a good workout, which Steve took as a joke. So he went to the gym with Tony again…I wonder why… (X)
11.They bicker like a married couple.
12. Tony always goes to Cap at the beginning of an event to plan out how to protect the Academy (because they’re leaders and work best together).
13. When recruiting Mockingbird Tony tells her she can trust Steve. Once she tells Steve that, he looks shocked and SO happy about it. (X)
14. Tony makes a blacksmith Iron Man outfit that is pretty revealing, which leaves Steve speechless. Once Tony says he’s a blacksmith, Steve tells him that was his second guess. Steve, what was your first guess you naughty guy? (X)
15. When you get Pepper she asks Steve, “will you keep an eye on Tony?” To which Steve smiles and replies, “I always do.” (X)
16. Tony Stark is such a Cap fanboy. He’s dressed up as Cap, he had Cap action figures, and he even had Jarvis make him Capcakes for breakfast as a kid. (X) (X)
17. When Ultron attacked, who has the mind of Tony, the first thing he did was make a Captain America robot and he calls the Capbot his greatest creation. (X)
18. When Tony finds out about RoboCap he’s shocked and disappointed he didn’t think to make a RoboCap first. (X)
19. When Ultron attacks Tony thinks Steve is going to blame him, but Steve doesn’t. He just encourages Tony and says they’ll defeat him together. (X)
20. During the Ultron event Tony mocks Steve by trying to do an impression of him and he says, “I told you not to build those robots, Tony. We should have been teaching bald eagles how to do the Charleston while balancing apple pies on our bulging biceps.” So Tony was checking Steve and his biceps out. Steve takes it as a joke and says just reassures Tony that they can fix the problem. (X)
21. Tony makes Cap an energy shield but when Steve uses it, it turns into a giant energy ball where Steve runs around in it. Steve knows Tony so well that he tells Tony to get his joke over with. Tony calls him Hamster America, and Steve would be more mad but he said it was a good workout. (X) (X) (X)
22. When Tony encounters RoboCap he says “sometimes I want to punch you in your perfect robot teeth.” He says he’s thought about saying that to Steve sometimes, but RoboCap says it’s too far. Tony then agrees and talks about how Cap is his friend and how polite he is. (X)
23. Tony’s wanted to make upgrades to Steve’s shield for better protection, but eventually he makes him an energy shield instead when Steve is in his Commander America uniform. (X)
24. During the Ultron event while Tony is working on Steve’s energy shield Steve tells Tony that he’s been having a recurring dream about a red dinosaur. Tony smiles and says he wishes Steve was that weird more often. (X)
25. Tony asks Steve, “How do you like my mancave?” (X)
26. Steve tells Tony that he’s more than just his tech. (X)
27. Tony loves Steve’s biceps. He’s commented on them more than once. Telling Steve about his “bulging biceps” and when Gladiator Cap showed up, Tony said he’s seen Steve checking out his own biceps. Steve says he hasn’t and asked Tony if HE’S been checking out his biceps…Tony then says he’s a scientist (which means yes, he’s been checking Steve out). (X)
28. Tony is talking to Peter Quill and Peter doesn’t understand some of the scientific terms Tony’s using. Steve steps in and DEFINES the word, Tony is shocked, and Steve is so proud and says “futurism!” (X)
29. Tony confides in Steve at the beginning of an event and Steve wants to hear it. Tony refuses to tell him cause he doesn’t want Steve to change his plans and says he can’t make all of Steve’s life choices for him. (Tony definitely wants to be a part of Steve’s life decisions). (X)
30. During the GoTG2 event Steve’s costume is “Ravager Captain America” and he has a great outfit made of leather with leather straps and he has a mohawk. This leaves Tony speechless, and Tony has never been speechless before. (I’m pretty sure Tony loved the leather, and rock ‘n roll look). (X)
They had held each other the entire night. Neither of them had let the other out of their sight… or arms. The warmth and safety that Alec and Magnus had most definitely missed after their most recent dispute, after the attack on the Institute, was now more intense than ever.
Neither had slept a tonne that night. They couldn’t bare the thought of losing each other again. Instead, the night was spent squeezing each other tight, an abundance of kisses, and whisperings of ‘I love you’.
Alec had thrown all caution to the wind when he had confessed his feelings to Magnus, completely unaware whether Magnus felt the same but he couldn’t keep it bottled up. Alec had never known love that intensely before, not even when he believed he was in love with Jace. And Magnus, he couldn’t risk losing such a connection that he had spent over a century avoiding.
Alec stroked Magnus’ face, his thumb grazing over every feature as softly as possible. Magnus traced every rune on Alec’s body, reminding himself that the boy laying just inches from him was here to stay. Alec was about to say something when his phone began to ring. He reached for it past Magnus but stopped when it stopped ringing. Magnus rolled over to look at the screen. “It’s Izzy,” he whispered, reading the message. “She says they need you at the Institute.”
Alec groaned in protest but began to get up. He really should’ve made sure to get some rest. Alec propped himself onto his elbows so he could look at Magnus. They both just smiled at each other, content with where they were. Magnus reached a hand over and curled his fingers around Alec’s naked bicep. “Don’t go…” Magnus whispered against Alec’s arm, leaving a trail of kisses that made Alec weak. Magnus looked up at him and pouted.
Alec brought his hand over to Magnus’ cheek, stroking him and bringing him up to kiss him softly. “I don’t want to either,” he murmured, their lips still brushing against each other. Magnus smiled into the kiss and pulled on Alec’s arm, bringing him closer and onto him. They pulled apart but Alec remained hovering over Magnus. “Can I see them again?” he asked staring straight into Magnus’ eyes.
Magnus felt his stomach churn. Never had someone asked to see his cat eyes willingly before. He blinked once in order to reveal them and stared at Alec’s face with them. He searched the boy’s face for a reaction, any reaction. But all he received was a slight parting of Alec’s lips. Magnus always felt uncomfortable when someone looked straight at them. But Alec made him feel safe, like there was nothing to hide. Still, Magnus hastily blinked away and brought up his glamour once again. “I really wish I could see them more,” Alec said with a small smile. Magnus’ heart ached for him. Alec curled an arm under Magnus’ back and lay back down to rest his head on Magnus’ chest. Their toes played together under the covers. “I love you so much.”
Magnus’ heart, the same that had not felt anything for God knows how long, stammered loudly. Magnus could feel Alec smile against him. “I love you with every fibre of my being, Alexander.”