how to embrace change
- clear your mind: go on a walk or straight to your bedroom. try to rid your mind of thoughts and voices that shout in your head, each begging for attention. when you feel calm and rational, think the situation over.
- give yourself a break: some time where you let yourself ( and others around you ) know that you’re dealing with some stuff and you choose to take care of yourself. longer showers, distracting movies & books and other little pleasures like cooking good meals could help you regain a position of balance. spa days can be your best friends.
- realize what you can and can’t control: if there is anythiing you can do, do it. if there are some things you have no power over, quit blaming yourself for them. understand that you have nothing to do about it anymore and that everything will fall into place very soon. let go.
- replace old habits that serve you no use: these habits hold you down and keep you glued to the self you were. but any big change is actually the opening to a new road. the first step is to detox your ritualic methods.
- view the bigger picture: look at the “ problem “ and ask yourself what doors does this open? if you lost a job you disliked then you have the opportunity to get your career on the correct path. if you lost a lover, you gained time for your projects, friends, and self growth
- take a new look at your wishes: are they the same? if not, adapt your goals to the new you
- accept yourself through the transformation process: don’t hate the you that you are in the middle of the transition. always keep your eyes on the self you want to achieve. that better version of yourself needed to be in all these bad and good situations to get there.
That’s it! Watch my video for tons of more info on the topic and my quirky personality obvs. Ly!