Surely you've alredy answered to this question before but I just received as a christmas gift a graphic tablet so I was wondering if you had any advice for a new beginner?? Thankss <3
sure, I’ll come up with a few!;)
• don’t be too hard on yourself if you don’t get it right away, for some people it’s easy to adjust to the differences, to some it takes a bit of time, it’s normal!
• layers are your friends and not enemies. I think especially for a beginner, they can make drawing process less stressful;
• you might end up wishing you could call on your pen.. where is the pen? you never know;
• even art you might consider shitty is great because you made it with your own two hands and it might still inspire someone even though you don’t see why;
• save your drawings all the time. Ctrl+s your best friend. After all, you never know when the electricity will go down, or when your computer shuts off all the sudden. The more you save the less progress you lose if anything happens;
• try not to cry and get too frustrated IF you get too involved drawing and forget to save AND something happens. You can make it even better!
• save your drawings in PNG format, this way it will not lose the original colours once you post it on the internet, if you choose to do so;
• enjoy the process! if you can’t enjoy it today, don’t get too upset, it will come eventually again!
• if you draw too much digital art don’t be surprised if you try to CTRL+Z your table once you draw traditionally, happens to the best of us:”D
• don’t be afraid to experiment with colouring, but don’t force it out of yourself either, if all you’re getting from this experiment is frustration;
• if you’re confused with the program you choose, look for tutorials on the internet, they are your friends!
• you can draw in all known Adobe Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, Open Canvas etc..try as many to figure what works best for you!
• carry on and keep on rolling!~