@Young Check, Please! Fans:
I see a lot of y’alls posts floating around that say things about college and party life that 1. worry me because clearly no one’s ever had a proper conversation with you about these things, and 2. just make me sort of cringe because they are wrong… So here are couple things:
- People are gonna drink. They’re gonna do drugs. It happens. Shedding negative light or stereotyping those people/characters is unnecessary
- Normal people will never do more than one edible at a time. If you do you’ll probably vomit and also you’ll be fucked for like a full 24hr
- While alcohol tolerance is pretty unique to each person, no one is regularly doing 12 shots along side other drinks. In fact, no one is really ever doing 12 shots period. In my experience, most people tap out in the 5-6 zone. Similarly, its pretty unlikely that anyone is going to drink anything in addition to a full bottle of wine. You drink a full bottle of wine and you basically fall asleep.
- One beer will not get you drunk. Beer has a super low alcohol percentage, and once you’re done being an idiot freshman you usually only drink beer because you enjoy it, not cause ur tryna get turnt
- Kegs are actually kind of uncommon at parties?? Usually at a college party you’re just gonna find a gatorade cooler of mysterious jungle juice. Unless you know that people at the party pretty well, stay away from that shit.
- Anxiety medication strengthens the affect of alcohol. Just fyi.
- People do not normally puke every time they get drunk.
- Hangovers manifest in two primary categories: head and stomach. Head = feeling like someone is doing construction in your skull. Stomach = sea sick feeling. Sometimes you wake up with a zesty blend of both, sometimes you’re not hungover at all.
- I know this might sound dumb, but honestly most college students are smart enough/strategic enough to have a good time without blacking out. Blacking out isn’t really common occurrence unless someone is dealing with some substance abuse problems.
- College has no where near as much partying as some of y’all believe. Do college students party? Hella. What are college students more likely to be doing? Sitting in their shitty houses with their roommates doing homework or having a glass of wine while playing a board game. Don’t let college themed media let you believe unhealthy things about party culture. And as far as I’m concerned, no one is ever going to actually pressure you to drink/smoke/etc. (THE PEOPLE WHO DO ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS. ALSO DON’T TALK TO CREEPY DUDES AT PARTIES AND KEEP YOUR DRINK CLOSE TO YOU) You’re friends want you to have a good time but will most likely not care about your preferences and will probs not want to share anyway because booze is expensive.
Idk. I hoped this helps? ***This post was not intended to condone underage drinking. Stay safe! Ask questions! I hope you not have a better understanding of kegsters***