(Credit to @noorastudy for the graphic)
So as the photo mentions above, this is a series of posts I will be posting for Back to School! I start school on the 5th of September, and so with around 1 week to go, I thought of posting a set of posts to get me back into the school mood.
These posts may include tips that I haven’t yet tried and will try once school starts, hopefully they help you out too!
HOW TO BE PRODUCTIVE AFTER SCHOOL
In school: As soon as your teacher gives you any homework/assignments, WRITE.IT.DOWN. Trust me, chances are you’ll forget it later on.
On the way home: Check your to-do list/planner/bujo and break bigger tasks into small sub-tasks. Choose one/multiple task/s on the basis of:
- Will you procrastinate on it later on? If yes, DO IT NOW.
- Will you be able to finish it before you have your snack/lunch? If yes, do it.
- As soon as you reach, check your to-do list/planner/bujo and take out the required books/other supplies you may need for all your tasks for the day and keep it on your desk/wherever you study. This will be beneficial for later as you have less reasons to procrastinate (the books are right next to you)
- Get started with your task/s you chose to do in the previous step and finish it.
- Have a snack/lunch (in my case). This is where you can check your phone and other social media sites.
- Rest for a little while. If you feel sleepy, take a nap. If naps make you feel even more tired, either go for a quick shower or simply get started with a simple task.
- Set a certain time to finish all your homework/assignments/studies for the day, and then reward yourself by watching your favorite TV show or YouTube videos, scrolling on Tumblr, reading a book, whatever you like. Avoid doing these activities during your study break, so once your done, you will feel like you deserved that reward.
Some videos on the same topic that may help you out:
1. How To Be Productive After School - STUDY TIPS - by WaysToStudy
2. How To Be Productive After School // study tips + - by @studywithinspo3. How To Be Productive After School + 5 STUDY TIPS! - by Ways To Grow
And that’s it. This is of course, easier said than done, and you’re receiving advice from someone who has spent days just sitting in one place, procrastinating and sleeping really early, feeling exhausted, without even doing much.
For the first few days of school, try not to be too hard on yourself. You’ll probably be tired and that’s fine. Rest for 1-2 days (if you really feel like you have to) and then hustle harder with full force. If you don’t feel that tired, then hustle harder from day 1! Check out the hashtag #glimmerBTS to see all the posts in this series.
Tomorrow’s topic: How I organize my tasks + other task management systems