Wig Hacks Wednesday #1 !
Need to quickly add length to your base wig without spending time sewing rolls and rolls of wefts? Want to use the same wig for that certain character who grew out their hair after timeskip arc? (I’m looking at you, Shonen Jump characters)
Here’s a quick way to add some sturdy length to your base wig, but still easy to remove if needed, using the ponytail wrap from Arda Wigs (Base wig in pic is a Jareth in Baby Pink)
- Using the duckbill clips, section off the hair where you want to add length. Unwrap the ponytail wrap’s velcro top. (You can see many rows of wefts on it which makes it volumous)
- Pull the small tail side through the spaces between the elastic band on the wig
- Fold in the ponytail wrap’s main side and use the little comb to secure it to the base wig
- Bring the small tail side over the main side of the ponytail wrap and press down the velcro parts to secure them to one another
- Comb and straighten the wig hair as needed to blend the textures
- She’s ready to rock hair-over-shoulder looks!
I hope this was useful for you guys. Every Wednesday, I will be sharing wig hacks for styling, tools, products, and just whatever I find interesting to add to your wig work experience! If you don’t wanna miss these posts, go to the top of my page and change your notification settings to “see first”. I will also be putting up more video tutorials with voice-over once I get a good video camera. Any tutorial suggestions, let me know please!