honestly im tired of aphobes but im even more tired of the system of echo chambers that keep them existing. like if i go on their blogs all i see are posts theyre reblogging from aces saying/thinking horrible things–things ive never heard from my community before, things i certainly dont believe, things asexuals at large dont condone, and although ive never encountered these aces before theyre all the aphobes see.
they never see the posts where bad ideaology is called out. they never see the posts recounting legitimate forms of oppression and discrimination. they see a few odd people out there spouting bad rhetoric and are told thats all aces are–so i get why they hate us. id hate us if thats what i thought we were.
i honestly think there are a lot of good people out there who are aphobes only because they happened to get exposed only to those echo chambers of bad-ace and anti-ace posts. when that “cut off contact with REGs” thing started i thought it was a good idea but now im wondering if we cant work to bridge the gap even a little. just a bit of polite conversation on both sides.
i dont know how that would start but i do know that looking at all of this misunderstanding and hatred just makes me sick
- you know the word in second language but not first
- your notes sometimes are in both languages at once. some words are quicker to write than their equivalents
- phone autocorrects to wrong language
- the words that are the same but slightly different in your two languages are always spelled the wrong way. no matter what.
- certain memories only available in one language
- music genres?? u like maybe alternative and pop music in your first language but like rap and musical theatre in your second
- u know what verb tenses are called in your second language but not in your first
- saying bullshit like “close the lights please” because it’s idiomatically correct but not in english
To the people who voted for third party candidates as a protest vote instead of voting for Hillary, those of you who wrote your fave celeb’s name in as a joke instead of voting for Hillary, and every single person who didn’t exercise your right to vote because you assumed Hillary would win: you put your personal pride above the well-being and frankly lives of millions of people around the country and the world. Think about that.
this week was so nice!!! lectures will end in two weeks and I’m a little sad and also a little glad :DDD I’m gonna miss some of my teachers :’) I’m so tired of studying but I need to keep going :)) I’m really looking forward to the holidays because my dog is going to live in my apartment for a week while my family is on vacation and it’s gonna be so nice