Actor x Reader Imagines or Headcanons
alright, friends. sit down. we’re going to have a chat about boundaries.
so lately, i’ve been seeing a lot of headcanons or imagines based around newsies actors, like ben fankhauser, akb, btc, or sky, some of which are nsfw and based around sexual acts. so i have several things to say about why that is Bad.
1. im willing to guess that you do not know these actors. you have seen videos of them, maybe interviews, maybe youve met them at a stagedoor or interacted on twitter. but you dont know them. you dont know how they would react in those situations.
2. it can be extremely uncomfortable for the actors! they dont know you, and knowing that there are people out there fantasizing about you can be extremely awkward, and puts them in an uncomfortable position.
3. its actually dangerous to the fandom. when we put celebrities up on a pedestal like that, it gives them power. thats how fans, especially young fans, end up being taken advantage of by celebrities. im not saying that anyone in the newsies cast would take advantage of anyone, but again, i dont know them.
4. its especially awkward when youre writing nsfw headcanons. first of all, sexuality and sexual acts are extremely personal things that you cant just assume about someone. second of all, this is a very young fandom. chances are that a lot of the people writing or reading these nsfw posts are minors, and every one of the newsies cast is an adult. i dont really feel like i should have to explain why that is bad.
5. they can see this stuff. have you ever googled yourself before? im quite sure that a lot of this cast goes on tumblr and types in their name. a lot of what they see is going to be fun screenshots or maybe art! but imagine if you were googling yourself and you found a stranger on the internet writing about what it would be like to have sex with you. i mean, we know for sure that akb is on tumblr, and im willing to bet that other cast members are too, and we just dont know it.
now, you might be thinking “i do this as a coping mechanism! it’s innocent! what can i do instead?!”
clearly you have some creativity that you want to get out. write a fic! channel those scenarios out into characters, whether its fanfiction or your own original creations! im not personally a fan of character x reader fics but theyre not inherently problematic, so you could do that! or draw! or talk to a friend about whatever youre going through!
just know that as much as you might love the newsies cast, they don’t know you, they arent your friends, and theyre human. they are in no way more than you.
this is okay to reblog!