Important messages from “Yuri!!! on Ice” to an athlete
1. You don’t have an expiration date. Yuuri is a “late bloomer”, you can be that too.
2. To succeed in your sport, you don’t have to be born with talent - hard work and dedication will bring you far.
3. Rivalry doesn’t exclude the possibility of a friendship.
4. What works for others might not work for you. You’re an individual and there’s not one correct answer to what will help you improve your athletic performance. Celestino wasn’t the right coach for Yuuri, ballet didn’t work for Otabek.
5. Some days - maybe weeks or months, even - you won’t perform the way you want to and know you can. That’s okay. You’ll figure it out. Everyone falls into a slump sometimes.
6. At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you enjoy your sport. It’s supposed to be fun, even though it might seem to be all work and no fun.
7. You don’t have to fight alone . Don’t be afraid to ask for help - it might help you to develop your skills and help you out of a rough patch
Have I mentioned how much I enjoy the thought of Harry and Draco back at Hogwarts years after they leave? If not, let me take a few moments of your time to elucidate:
Inter-house rivalry at the head table
inter-house rivalry between classes
Knowing (memorizing) each other’s schedule and casually bringing it up in conversation–with or outside of each other
Seeming like a married couple to everyone else but not realizing it themselves
Intense quidditch debates in the staff room
students like to hang around outside because they’re always loud and always hilarious (and sometimes often result in creative new insults to add to their repertoire)
Grading together in one of their quarters and snarking over ridiculous student answers
Quibbling over teaching methods to the point of pedantry just to be annoying to the other
Trying the “I’ve never been more shocked by student behaviour in my life” approach on students who misbehave, none of whom believe it because they’ve heard stories of Harry and Draco’s time at Hogwarts (usually by the other in classes, ex. Draco climbing a tree because he wanted Harry’s attention)
Patrolling the hallways over Christmas hols
“Here. This is the statue Flitwick said he’s caught kids fooling around behind. Go check it out.”
“Why do I have to go?”
“What are you, scared?”
“… Fine, you absolute tosser. …Woah, Malfoy, come check this out.”
“What? What is it?”
“Just get back here and you’ll see.”
“I’m not going to fall for your tricks, Potter. I’m not going back there.”
They end up necking behind the statue like students