#harrypottersummer is back!
Welcome to harrypottersummer 2017! It’s happening! You get a reread! And you get a reread! Everybody gets a reread!
So, without further ado -
Cancel all your plans for the summer. We’re rereading Harry Potter.
It’s the most beautiful time of year, aka the time where Potterheads get to reread the entire Harry Potter series over the course of one summer - together! harrypottersummer was created last year, everyone who joined in had a blast, so this is round two and the whole thing is on a very good path to become an annual event.
How does it work?
Starting on June 16th, everyone who cares to join will start reading the Harry Potter series all over, first book to last, whilst sharing but their reading progress as well as headcanons, fanart, fanfics, edits, theories, anecdotes and literally anything else you can think of, on any social media platform you can think of using the hashtag #harrypottersummer. Done!
What’s this year’s schedule?
Last year, we went for a book per week, which was nice for those of us who were stuck with little to no wifi for the bigger part of the reread (-points to self-), but was stressful for busier folks. This year, only the first three books will be getting a week each, and every book from Goblet of Fire onward will be getting two! Yay!
- June 16th - June 22nd 2017: Philosopher’s Stone Week
- June 23rd - June 29th 2017: Chamber of Secrets Week
- June 30th - July 6th 2017: Prisoner of Azkaban Week
- July 7th - July 20th 2017: Goblet of Fire Week
- July 21st - August 3rd 2017: Order of the Phoenix Week
- August 4th - August 17th 2017: Half-Blood Prince Week
- August 18th - August 31st 2017: Deathly Hallows Week
- September 1st 2017: MEETUP AT KING’S CROSS STATION, LONDON
Wait, whaat? Meetup???
Well, yes meetup, assuming it all works out as planned! In honour of September 1st, 2017 also being Epilogue Day, anyone who happens to be in London that day is more than welcome to stop by at King’s Cross station to come and wave our childhood goodbye one last time. Are you ready? I’m not ready. Nope.
Make sure you check this blog for updates on the meetup, as more details will hopefully be available soon. For now, just know that I’ll be there, @ronaldswheezy will be there, come say hi and have a chat and take selfies and get emotional over our childhood. Why not. Might be fun.
How do I participate?
- Grab your Harry Potter books, cancel your life, and start rereading.
- Spread your progress like wildfire. This includes any form of social media you choose to participate in. Tumblr! Snapchat! Instagram! YouTube! Twitter! All the things!
- Get creative. Write fanfics. Make fanart. Make edits. Make playlists. Start cosplaying. Write a song. Build your own Lego Hogwarts. Nothing is off limits.
- And finally, tag absolutely EVERYTHING with #harrypottersummer. Everything. Even if it’s just a 4am text post that goes ‘do dementors poop?’.
If you’ve got any more questions, the ask box is open! A calendar page with the schedule and an FAQ face and other things are coming up too, as soon as I get around to setting them all up. If you want to message me on my main blog, you find me @stuckwith-harry.
Happy harrypottersummer! <3