hey kat, i'm kind of in a really bad place right now, so i was wondering if you had any cute pet headcanons you could share? maybe about team 7 or the rookie 9, to be more specific
(Happy AU, as always, because I am 157 cm of fluff incarnate. 💕)
- “I’m going to be Hokage!” is their catchphrase
- For everything
- as in “Naruto you stole my dumpling!” “Yeah, well, I’m going to be Hokage!”
- or “Sasuke make me a cup of tea.” “I’m going to be Hokage Sakura make your own tea.”
- Kakashi has no idea what to do with this, so he warily encourages them
- Right up until he realizes it is the world’s best goad
- “Maa, Sakura, you’re looking very Kage-like standing on the water so easily maybe other people should practice more because this is definitely a skill Hkage should have”
- *cue stampede to learn water-walking*
- or “Hokage need to be able to do paperwork quickly, so whoever can finish theirs and mine first definitely has the makings of Hokage”
- Iruka is horrified because they had whole classes on manipulation, shouldn’t Sakura at least recognize these techniques??
- The joke’s on Kakashi, though: Team 7 definitely makes his life as hard as humanly possible with their competitiveness.
- Who can train longer than Gai? Who can scale the Hokage Mountain first using only their hands? Who can eat the most ramen in one sitting?
- Gai is Overjoyed, clearly his Greatest Rival has the Most Youthful Team besides his own.
- Team 9 gets dragged into comparisons, and when they start to lose, things get Personal.
- Of course, challenging Team 7 is somewhat like dropping a lit match into a tank of petrol, so.
- Sarutobi gets the damages reports and breaks out the sake. He’s Too Old for this shit.
- Puppy piles are totally a thing. Random puppy piles, because Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke tend to keep going until they drop where they’re standing and the other two then use them as a bed.
- Once a week at least Kakashi stumbles out of his bedroom before his morning coffee, trips over them, and lands flat on his face.
- About 70% of why he signs them up for the Chuunin Exams is so that they’ll become someone else’s responsibility and stop sleeping on his floor.
- (Ha. They will never stop sleeping on his floor. Kakashi knows over 1k jutsus and he will Never Get Rid of Them.)