so when the ny times reports about duterte being practically responsible for over 7k random deaths in one year, in metro manila alone i might add, y’all r silent af
but one guy decides to write about his (again, very EXTREME) lifelong experience with his house help in the atlantic and suddenly y’all are up in arms???? suddenly the philippines is a relevant country and u suddenly KNOW EVERYTHING about what goes on here???
I dont have any problem for not being invited to SS actually i am so happy for those lucky swifties 😻 but i am going to hate myself if i didnt see her in this upcoming RepTour if I have to sell my internal organs just to buy a ticket for her tour I WILL but i am just kidding of course 😹 im starting to save money so no more absent no more over break or lates 😹😹😹
“Loveteams” are a huge hit in the Philippines; and as a Filipino, i’ve come across a bunch of them for the past 10 years. Loveteams are basically what “fangirls” call “OTP” (one true pairing) these days. We say we “ship” (relationSHIP) them because we think these two people would look adorable together. I’ve been shipped to a friend of mine (Jacob Whitesides) before wherein we were called “Jalecza”. This went on for about 3 months. Because of this I realized that being shipped with someone is actually a really entertaining experience.
(Jacob & I with our friends, Roje and Mahogany)
I’ve personally been a fan of love teams, and if you know me personally, you’ll know that I used to be a hardcore Kimerald fan (Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson) when I was in 5th grade. I’m also a huge fan of Stelena (Stefan and Elena from Vampire Diaries) and Chair (Chuck and Blair from Gossip Girl).
With the popularity of a new app called “Dubsmash”, comes the popularity of a new internet sensation named Maine Mendoza…aka Yaya Dub, who makes hilarious and entertaining videos. Maine was first launched in the longest running Filipino afternoon TV variety show called Eat Bulaga where she plays the role of Yaya Dub (Lola Nidora’s maid/granddaughter). For the first few weeks that Maine was in the show, it had been clear to the audience that her role was not a very positive character as she never smiles or even show any emotion. And the only way for Yaya Dub to communicate was to “dubsmash” or basically lip-sync popular tv show lines, songs and etc. However, this all changed when Alden Richards appeared on screen for the first time while watching Maine lip-sync. For the first time ever, Yaya Dub smiled and that was the start of Aldub; the most unexpected love team to be ever created on National TV.
(L-R: Maine Mendoza. Alden Richards)
1) That’s basically the first reason why I fell in love with this new and upcoming love team. The emotion that Maine showed when she saw Alden watching her was so genuine. She fell out of her character because she felt conscious. It looks like she genuinely likes Alden (who wouldn’t though? His dimples are to die for)
2) The fact that they’ve never met each other keeps me hooked on my TV. The question of when they’ll meet keeps my family and I up all night. I’m not lying. Eat Bulaga airs at around 1 AM here and my whole family stays up just to watch this love-team.
3) They’ve never talked. Ever. But somehow you can see that they really do like each other. The only way that these two communicate is by lip-syncing popular love songs like Thinking Out Loud and God Gave Me You (also if you’re reading this, please watch my AlDub mashup on YouTube, thank you - here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE_O5ODXJck). I guess the fact that they lip-sync songs to express their feelings about each other is the reason why they’re the most unique and one of the most loved love teams in the Philippines today.
4) The fact that destiny plays a huge role between them is what makes me love them more. I’m a believer of destiny; that things will happen if they’re really meant to happen. Last August 8, Alden and Yaya Dub were set to finally meet for the first time, however, the latter fainted during the show due to over-fatigue and Maine’s failure to take her meds before the show. The whole chaos held back Maine and Alden’s supposed meeting.This led everyone to believe that that day was not the right time for them to meet; and that the next time they’re set to meet will be even better and grander.
5) Their chemistry is a huge mystery to everyone. How can two people who have NEVER met and have NEVER talked have this undeniable chemistry that gets everyone at the edge of their seats everyday? I guess we’ll never know.
I’m so excited to see what the future has in store for Alden Richards and Maine Mendoza. It’s such a refreshing feeling to see that two people can have chemistry, without any intentions of having chemistry. So here’s to their future and here’s to the Aldub fans, because without their non-stop support and non-stop effort to get this love team trending worldwide everyday…Aldub would not even exist.
The Ifugao Rice Terraces: The 8th wonder of the world. Carved on the mountain side by hand, an engineering marvel and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Ifugao tribespeople 2000 to 3000 years ago carved these terraces out of the hillside without the aid of machinery to provide level steps where the natives plant rice. And they are still in use today. ^_^
– Awesome Photos by my Singaporean dad JD Jiang! ◕‿◕