Star Trek: DS9 Notes - S7, Vol. 6, which is just on 7x23
Occasionally I run into a piece of media that I decide is part of my personal stash of gifts from the universe, and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Season 7, Episode 23, ‘Extreme Measures: Part 7’ is one of those.
So as you can imagine I had a lot of REACTIONS, enough to merit just posting these notes up on their own, ‘Doctor Bashir, I Presume’-style. ENJOY. I sure as heck did.
7x23 ‘Extreme Measures: Part 7’
- if this is remotely like what I expect it’s going to be I already know this one is gonna kiiilll meee
- I can’t wait
- oh bless, it starts with Julian recording his Chief Medical Officer log. wait have we ever gotten any insights into Julian’s personal log? THAT MUST BE A TREASURE TROVE OF HILARITY. someday he’ll probably give it to Ezri to listen to the way he gave Jadzia his old Academy journals, and she’s gonna be like, oh criminy
- Kira’s still wearing the Starfleet uniform Garak made for her, which means my heart still patters happily whenever I see her. well, more than usual I mean.
- Odo calls him Doctor in person but Julian when he’s talking to Nerys, oh Odo
- [breathes out] the way this show deals with pain and dying and loss is always so heartfelt, I’m just!
I don’t think I should have started watching this episode already one drink deep because every beat feels like I’m being hit with a new water balloon of feelings
- Sisko: “is there any other resource I can offer you?”
Julian: “no I’m good, I’ve got Miles”
Miles: “…and I’ve got something I think we should tell you”
Julian: “MILES WHY”