THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING, SKAM
THANK YOU SKAM
I only started watching Skam about 7 months ago, nevertheless it grew to me so much, so fast. There are about a million reasons why I love Skam so much, but this isn´t about that.
The final Skam clip just got released, Skam season 4 has ended and, even though a small piece of me is still in denial, so did Skam.
And that´s why I want to say “Thank you” to Skam and everyone involved!
- Thank you for the way you portrayed these amazing Characters, that we all love s deeply!
- Thank you for leaving them what they are supposed to be: Teenager, Students with imperfections (that make them not any less perfect) and struggles – struggles of a normal teenager, who is slowly discovering himself (e.g. discovering who you are, who you love or who you believe in), but also everyday struggles (those might be someone eating your food, that you´ve been excited to eat all day or having to pass an important exam) and painful struggles (like bullying, rejections or eating disorders).
- Thank you for letting us be part of their journey of growing up and seeing not only their “happy, party” side, but also the side, one chooses to keep for themselves, the “depressed, heartbroken and scared” side.
- Another thank you goes to the Interaction between the characters. There was barely fights between the friends, no big unrealistic drama, no, they chose to rather stand up, support and help for each other, like friends.
I can´t even put into words how much I love these characters and choosing a favourite is as close as impossible.
- Thank you for being bold and using important, yet so often ignored, topics (e.g. Islam, feminism, coming out/ being gay). So many shows choose to act as if they don´t exist or choose to stick with the stereotypes. But you, a “small” norwegian series, decided to rather take those topics and represent them with heart, passion and truth. All that representation meant a lot to me and I´m very thankful about you giving it to us!
- Thank you for making this experience as real as possible. This starts by the cast being about the same age as their characters back to the characters visualisation (they didn´t look “flawless” 24/7, they didn´t had a wardrobe that seemed to have no ending or the perfect skin and body), over to the characters social media accounts and texts, that made you feel even more involved, and last but not least the Clipsystem, that made my life at one side stressful, because you never knew when the next clip would be dropped- but once a new one go released the excitement was even bigger.
- Thank you to all the Actors and Actresses for always giving your very best and playing those beloved characters. Thank you for always being kind and loving to the fans, even though we might be a little overwhelming at times. You all are amazing! I wish you the very best for your future, may all of you manage to make your dreams come true and be happy.
- Thank you to Julie Andem for creating all of this in the first place. Thank you for making Skam what it is, for putting so much time and effort in the history of these characters, in the stories and the production. Without you none of us would have ever gotten to see this great show!!
- Thank you for these beautiful, pure couples! All of them grew so close to me and I hope the future will hold the best for all of them. I hope Evak will have a long and happy life in their small home with yellow curtains, Noorhelm will be happy and keep making each other a better person. I hope Vilde and Magnus stay happy together too and helping each other when life gets difficult and to end this with the girl it all started with: Eva, I hope she´ll be happy and finding the love she deserves
- Besides all of this thank you for giving me, someone who isn´t from norway or another scandinavian country, the chance to see a different culture, a different language and the way people live in Norway!
- And one last big THANK YOU to all the fans, who spent their free time with translating clips, episodes, texts and writing transcripts. Without you most of us wouldn´t have been able to watch Skam at all!!
ALWAYS BE KIND - LIVET ER NÅ - ALT ER LOVE, ALT ER CHILL - DU ER IKKE ALENE! - PEOPLE NEED PEOPLE