Riz Ahmed is cancelled. Have you seen his instagram picture with actual trash can Lena Dunham?
Listen, not every celebrity is perfect. I am sure John Boyaga or Mark Hamill as innocent seeming as they are probably have done something problematic we do not know about [who knows, John could secretly ship F/innlo while Mark could have cheated on his wife with like Harrison Ford or something I dunno].
Now I am not excusing Lena Dunham. But someone taking a Photo with a problematic person doesn’t make them a Bad person. While yes, denying a person is bad is bad…. Let’s look at some of the things that Riz Ahmed had done you are overlooking due to a photo with a problematic trash can:
- Marched the Woman’s March in London
- Speaks out against Racism including the Islamophobia he faces
- Covers the lack of Diversity in Media [again covering how is typecasted as a terrorist]
- Was one of the many to be vocal over Kendall Jenner’s Pepsi Comercial
- Supports Enviormental Causes I believe.
- Worries that he’s disappointing his mother [see the Riz Ahmed Googles Himself Video]
So just like we haven’t canceled Carrie Fisher for sleeping with a married man, and Harrison Ford being said Married Man yet, let’s not Cancel Riz for taking picture with a trash bag. People take pictures with human garbage all the time.
Ps: While I am a fan of Adam Driver….WHY ARENT YOU CANCELING HIM HE STARRED IN THE DAMN SHOW? If Riz doesn’t get a pass he shouldnt either.