Hooooomygod okay so I don’t even have the strength to make this coherent and articulate so bear with me. I work at this automotive place as a service writer, and on Sundays we’re open from 9-6
1. We have two mechanics in my shop. One of them is the laziest most childish piece of shit I’ve ever worked with. He’s a 22 year old boy like you literally come to work to get paid. You literally applied to work here so I’m confused as to why you don’t want to work??? See the thing about the mechanics is that they get paid a flat-rate for every completed hour of work they do. (Google flat-rate technician for a definition) so they complain when there aren’t customers who come in, and they complain when there ARE customers who come in. Like literally the only way they’ll make money is if there are customers who need work done. So this fucking Neanderthal comes in two hours late (around 11) and then says he’s going on lunch at 2:00!!!! Mind you there are about, and I shit you not, 20 customers who’s keys I have who need work done.
2. This one customer says he was going to sue me lmao y'all listen to this bs. He wanted to sue me because I told him I was booked for the rest of the day and had no more room/time to take in another customer. I was like???? Bruh you don’t even make sense. Then he wanted it in writing me saying I wasn’t going to accept his car for service. I typed it all up real pretty and handed it to him and he called me a liar and crumbled the paper up and threw it away. I was like okay??? I guess he thought because he was a delivery driver for a pizza place that I HAD to work on his car. No.
3. Oh my god THIS guy okay he comes in with a loose tire, and he’s like yeah my car is sitting on the side of the interstate I just need a new valve stem in the tire. I said to him okay that’s cool but I have about 15 people in front of you (I wasn’t exaggerating in the least like it’s a fucking weekend I’m busy) I can get to it when I can. So then we do the back and forth about how oh wow a new valve stem takes about five minutes why do I have to wait so long and me telling him there’s a line and I only have two mechanics so you’ll have to get in where you fit in etc etc … this one ended in screaming from him and it wasn’t a good day and I’m like okay it’s not my fault your car is on the fucking interstate you will wait just like everybody else
4. My assistant manager decided to leave at 12:00 to go to his nieces birthday party. He washed his hair in the shop sink, which … I worked the counter by myself basically all day anyway because he’s one of those managers who likes to disappear and not do work
4. I had about four people walk out of the store and say they didn’t wanna wait any longer, about two people who got free shit, four guys who screamed at me, and the one guy who said he’s gonna sue me
I honest to god could go on but I’ll spare y'all. Today was marvelous. I cannot wait for another job to come through because this place is in shambles. At any rate, I’m glad I’m well adjusted and know how to handle my shit mentally. I do have high blood pressure though lmao