Aside from the sadness/disappointment/self-deprecation induced tears, from canon we know that Bakugou is an angry crier, Kirishima a sympathetic crier and Kaminari a stress crier, which, when you really think about it, means that once one of them starts crying the possibility of all three of them ending up in tears is pretty high
“Potter, what is that?” Draco asks with urgency, his chest
constricting in pain as he catches a glimpse of something dark coiling up Harry’s
Harry shoves his
sleeve down and jumps up to meet Draco, his wand clattering to the floor. “Nothing.
How did you find – “
“I don’t – “
“Show me. Now.” Draco
demands. He can’t believe this is happening. As if it isn’t horrible enough
seeing it on his own arm every day.
Harry pulls up his
sleeve slowly to reveal it – The Dark Mark – etched into his flesh. Draco holds
back a gag.
“It’s not what you
think,” Harry says.
Draco’s eyes dart
between the mark and Harry’s face. “It’s – how did – why?”
“I wanted to practice removing
it,” Harry says slowly, his meaning clear. It only makes Draco angrier.
“So you gave yourself a
Dark Mark? You reckless idiot. What if you can’t remove it? Did you even think
about that before you – “ Draco stops himself. Of course he didn’t. He’s Harry
fucking Potter. Draco sighs and tries to calm himself. He’s not responsible for
Harry’s idiotic antics. “How did you even manage to replicate it?” He asks, his
Harry smiles weakly. “Well,
a fragment of Voldemort’s soul was inside me for most of my life and his magic
left a pretty big trace. I just… accessed it.”
Once again Draco holds
back a gag. The thought of Voldemort’s magic, so dark, so cruel, inside of
Harry Potter, the Gryffindor Saint, is too much. It’s horrifying.
Draco takes a breath
and asks Harry the question he already knows the answer to: “Why do you need to
know how to remove a Dark Mark?” He needs to hear the idiot say it.
Sure enough: “So I can
Draco grits his teeth.
He’s furious that Harry has put himself in danger for him. Again. “You don’t
owe me anything, Potter.”
“I know,” Harry says. But
“You can’t just go
around saving people all the time!” Draco’s raised voice echoes throughout the
“Not everyone wants to be saved,” Draco points out. He
doesn’t want Harry risking anything for him. How could he ask that
of anyone, after all that he’s done?
“You don’t want the
mark removed?” Harry questions, his eyes falling down to Draco’s left arm.
Draco’s mark is
covered but he tugs on his sleeve regardless. “It reminds me of who I am.”
Harry frowns. “That’s exactly
why you need it removed. That’s not who you are, Draco.”
surprised at the use of his first name and Harry quickly corrects himself. “I
Draco lets his eyes
fall back down to Harry’s mark, taking in the harsh lines of the coiling snake
and skull, and the red raw skin beneath. He shudders. “Looks like you haven’t
had much success anyway,” he says as casually as he can manage. But inside, his
heart is tight. Because now Harry will have to live with the Dark Mark the rest
of his life. Just like Draco, he’ll be forced to carry the weight of the inescapable
dark magic within his skin, forced to feel it crawling through his veins,
through his every spell, with no relief and no hope of salvation.
“I’m getting close. Before
you came in, I could feel it moving.” Harry retrieves his wand from the floor
and points it at his Dark Mark, eyebrows tightening in concentration.
“Go on, then. No other
Wizard has been able to do it, but I’m sure even a Dark Mark will be no match
for the great Harry Pot – oh.” Draco’s knees buckle. “Oh.”
Against all logic,
Harry removes the Dark Mark as if it is nothing more than a muggle tattoo.
The head of the snake recoils into a rapidly shrinking skull until all that is
left is smooth, untainted skin.
Malfoy yanks up his
sleeve and holds out his arm to Harry. Despite all his protesting, he wants to
be saved. More than anything.
Harry’s hand wraps
under Draco’s arm holding it in place and he raises his wand. Draco screws up
his eyes in anticipation - he cannot bear to witness the removal in case it doesn’t
work properly. What if his Dark Mark is worse than Harry’s, having come from
Voldemort himself? What if – Oh.
Draco doesn’t need to
see it happen because he feels it. He feels the darkness extracted from his
body, feels strength returning to his limbs. And he feels light. Lighter than
he can ever remember. As if he might just float away. He opens his eyes and
stares down at his clear, unmarked skin.
There’s a sense of
twisted deja vu when Draco looks up from his arm. He remembers looking up into
Voldemort’s eyes after he was given the mark, and feeling colder than he’s ever
felt before. But now when he looks up into his saviour’s eyes, into Harry
Potter eyes, it’s warmth he feels, from the smooth skin on his forearm to the
centre of his heart.
He blinks back his
tears. “Thank you.” They’re the same words he was forced to say to Voldemort
but their meaning couldn’t be any more different this time. Voldemort had
stolen his life, and Harry Potter had just restored it.
“You’re really trying to tell me that Low is David Bowie’s best album to date?” Jonathan nodded, opening the brown paper bag that held his lunch.
“That’s exactly what I’m telling you,” Y/N’s eyes widened, then shoved her lunch tray to the side. She leaned on her elbows, her hands in front of her.
“I could name five other Bowie albums, easily, that blow Low out of the water,” Jonathan took a bite of his sandwich, then motioned to Y/N.
“Go on then,”
“Station to Station,” Y/N’s right index finger began to point to the fingers on her left hand to count. “Aladdin Sane, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars -obviously-, Diamond Dogs, and my number one favorite Bowie album of all time,” Jonathan mimed exactly what Y/N was saying with her, “Hunky Dory.” Y/N took a deep breath as she finished, then shoved a french fry in her mouth. “It’s like I don’t even know you sometimes,” She shook her head and shrugged her shoulders jokingly, “But, I mean, Low is still a great album,” That made Jonathan chuckle. A body suddenly appeared on the bench next to Y/N, scaring the life out of her. She had one hand on her mouth and the other over her heart to stop herself from screaming. Y/N turned her head and saw Steve Harrington with a dumb grin on his face.
“Tonight?” He looked at Y/N expectantly.
“What?” Her pupils were still wide from the shock, and the word sounded pretty dumb coming from her.
1. “Well, not everyday your uncle’s boyfriend comes back from the dead so excuse me for acting surprised”
2. “Are you seriously throwing forks at me?”
3. “I’m here, I’m queer and I’m ready to kinkshame your ass ‘til you can’t walk”
4. “Do you ever chill?”
“Not really, no”
5. “And now we all know why (s)he doesn’t get drunk”
6. “I never loved you, just the idea of you”
7. “I can die and my reaction would be meh”
8. “Do you like my IPhone 7?” *shows a very old Nokia phone*
“My IPhone 8 is broken”
9. “You shouldn’t trust me planning weddings”
10. “Guess who broke their nose? I broke my nose!”
11. “I’m kind of broke so sorry if I couldn’t afford your fancy medication”
12. “I’m starting a revolution, any of you wanna come?”
13. “Never let them die, they’re the soap opera of my life”
14. “I will come back from the dead most so you can pay me those 30€, got it Clarice?”
15. “Have you lost your mind?”
16. “I knew it! You wouldn’t ever like the way I am! You are just like the others, trying so hard to make the perfect daughter you never had!”
17. “Are you sure you wanna be friends with a back stabbing bitch like me?”
18. “I’m never touching that tie again”
“You just set it on fire, of course you won’t”
19. “Today’s lesson is that your morals are so low that I’m not even trying to stop you anymore”
20. “Educate yourselves, you sexist sons of bitches!”
21. “My logic is plain weird, don’t ask”
22. “Does every evil genius have a secret fridge full of Nutella?”
23. “What’s happening?”
“All I know is that my phone is dead and those weirdos we’re saying something about a queen but that’s not important”
24. “There’s no way in hell you’re going to do that”
25. “Could you stop, Idk, murdering people for fun?”
“Did you just used idk in a verbal conversation?”
26. “I’m pretty sure you won’t get tumblr popular if youjust lay chill”
27. “So actual methods didnt work… time to be problematic!”
28. “There’s an angel blade stuck in my ass and that’s what you’re thinking about?”
29. “I wouldn’t say that”
30. “Did you heard the news?”
“MCR is coming back?”
“Then I don’t care, go fuck yourself”
Headcanons for losers club meeting in group therapy.
I took this a bit further than I meant to, I hope you like it though because I love addressing mental health
(I based it off my own experiences and knowledge so I’m so so sorry if anything is not accurate)
- They all have the same therapist (she’s called Jackie) but they’ve never met each other
- she takes them all for different things
- Bill has depression from loosing his brother (‘n-n-not dead…j-j-just m-m-missing) and anger issues from getting frustrated with his stutter
- Beverly has depression and PTSD from her father and addiction to smoking
- Ben has social anxiety and topophobia from moving so much and getting bullied
- Mike has insomnia and PTSD from his parents death and having to work on the farm
- Richie has ADHD, bipolar disorder and addiction to smoking just from genetics and how his parents treat him
- Stan has chronic OCD and anxiety from his father being a perfectionist
- Eddie has chronic Mysophobia , anxiety and is the worst hypochondriac she’s ever seen
- She has problems with all of them being closed off for some reason
- Bill doesn’t like talking because when he tries to talk about loosing his brother his stutter gets worse, then he gets frustrated and gets overwhelmed
- Beverly just can’t bring herself to talk about it, talking about her dad sets off her PTSD and she gets super defensive about her smoking
- Ben is actually quite intimidated by Jackie, he knows deep down that she wants to help but can’t help but feel like he’s just putting his problems on someone else’s shoulders
- Mike is the easiest one to open up, he needs to know that someone is there and supporting him but at the same time he can’t talk about his parents without tearing up
- Richie talks about everything that isn’t his problems and wastes their hour pretty much every time, although some days he comes in and pours his little heart out
- Stan has told himself if he lets people know about his problems and says them out loud then it’ll make it all worse
- Eddies the only one who’ll willingly talk about what’s happening although he’s insecure about telling her incase she thinks he’s stupid
- so basically, she has a hard time with all of them but she still wants to help them all so bad
- So she proposes to her team leader that she should have an extra session with them once a week where they’re all together
- once she gets the all clear, she tells them about it
- They all agree sounded slightly worried and unwilling, other than Richie who was having a fantastic day and is ready to meet his new fucking friends
- the first session was…interesting to say the least
- Jackie set the chairs in a circle
- the first to arrive was Stan, he always needed to be early no matter what incase he missed something and took the seat next to Jackie
- Eddie was the second to arrive, he took the seat on the other side of her
- As a therapist, this warmed her heart as she knew they did that to feel safer
- She introduced them and got them talking about why bedrooms should be kept tidy, needless to say they become friends right away
- Bill was the third to arrive, he had gotten the wrong room at first and was kinda upset
- he walked in whispering the paragraph that helped his stutter, looking down
- He didn’t look up until he was sitting down at the furthest seat from Jackie in the circle
- She started to introduce them but he honestly wasn’t listening, he was too busy staring at the cute boy with curly hair in front of him
- Stan catches him staring but that doesn’t stop him, he just watches as Stan’s cheeks redden
- next to arrive is Ben and Mike, they weren’t really friends yet but they helped each other find the room
- And finally, Bev and Richie walked in taking as if they had been friends for years (slightly late)
- apparently Richie’s lighter had given up on him so Bev offered hers up, they became friends pretty quickly
- Ben is awestruck by Bev
- They both sat in the remaining two seats left
- As soon as Richie sat down he noticed the small boy next to Jackie and ended up doing the exact thing Bill did with Stan
- Jackie goes around the circle, asking everyone to introduce themselves and their problem and also say how they’re feeling today
- When it comes to Richie, he’s still looking at Eddie
- ‘I’m Richie, I have ADHD and I’m so fucking gay right now’
- Everyone (including Jackie) laughs, they like Richie already
- The session went okay, nothing too interesting happened and they just talked about stuff
- Jackie definitely noticed how they became more open as the hour passed by
- Although Richie spends most the time flirting with Eddie
- Stan leaves last, Bill waits for him by the front door and Stan swears he didn’t tear up a little
- Bill does this and walks Stan home after every session, after the sixth time they start holding hands
- Eddie eventually grows super fond of Richie so one day when said boy walks in and doesn’t talk or even really look up the whole hour, Eddie is pretty worried
- after the session, Jackie asks to talk to Richie privately and Eddie waits by the front of the building even though it’s raining
- Richie comes out after ten minutes, sniffling with red tearful eyes
- ‘Oh hey, Eddie spaghetti….isn’t your mom worried you’re not home yet?’
- 'I’m more concerned about you than my mom right now’
- Richie offers to walk Eddie home, giving Eddie his black denim jacket littered with patches somewhere along the way
- Richie also uses this time to explain his ADHD and bipolar disorder to Eddie
- 'Is there any chance I could get my jacket back? I’ll probably stay out for a bit’
- 'Sure…why are you staying out if it’s raining?’
- 'Just, parents and stuff yanno’
- with that, Eddie demands Richie stay over until his mum comes back or the rain stops
- Ben starts writing little notes and poems which he puts on Bev’s seat before every session and are signed anonymously
- Bev thinks it’s Bill at first but she sees Stan and Bill holding hands on the way home so she crosses him off the list
- one day, whilst she’s out smoking to get away from her dad she bumps into Richie
- she decides he’s a good smoking buddy and they become close, sneaking out pretty much every night to smoke together
- Richie saw Ben putting a note on Bev’s seat one day and honestly he just can’t keep it to himself
- 'Why don’t you ask Ben if he’s your secret admirer?’
- 'I might just do that’
- She leaves a note on his seat one day, with her number and the words 'my heart burns there too’
- To say Jackie is pleased with them and her decision to make their group is an understatement
the shit that still doesn’t sit well with me is when allura, hunk, pidge, and keith were all either lowkey or highkey calling lance dumb. and they were satisfied with themselves for it.
he’s already shown disappointment in himself for not being able to connect with the black lion and has expressed that he doesn’t feel like he’s good enough to be a paladin. so why would they be so quick to make fun of him when he’s feeling vulnerable? yeah, he’s a goofball but that’s only one part of his personality and they shouldn’t treat him like he’s stupid all the time.
he only wanted confirmation from allura that she wasn’t making fun of him. she had said, “i just had to get into a lance-like mindset and stop thinking so much.” a pretty back-handed compliment in contrast to all the praise she was getting for connecting with blue.
lance immediately got defensive (”are you calling me dumb?”), which is a completely reasonable reaction because it was kind of rude of her. she did say he was a natural, but the rest of the team jumped right on that dumb comment and kept going, and allura did nothing to stop them.
then keith said he was glad they were all making fun of lance… it didn’t really seem like friendly teasing to me. it was mean of them to do that after lance has proven himself to be just as smart (albeit in different ways) as the rest of them.
Writing Antagonists: (Aka, Your Villains and Bad Guys)
The antagonist is often either one of the most fun things to write, or the most dreaded. But either way, they are a key element of the story, and that cannot be ignored. So, let’s talk about how to make a really great antagonist.
You may have in the past met a writer or teacher or whomever who insists on using the words “protagonist and antagonist” over words like “hero and villain.” Personally, I am not so stingy about it, I feel that I know what you mean anyway so it doesn’t really matter- what there is a legitimate reason as to why you should at least try to think of your villain as your antagonist instead.
And that reason is connotation. Well, denotation too, really- villain and antagonist aren’t completely the same thing, but I’m bringing it down to connotation.
Simply said, when you think of the word “villain”, you’ll think something like “that’s the bad guy in the story.” And when you think of the “antagonist”, you probably think “that’s a fancy word for villain, aka the bad guy in the story.”
But antagonist isn’t just a fancy word. It’s a fancy concept. It means “the guy that opposes the good guy.” That can be on any argument or view. When writing your antagonist is to remember that nothing is black/white, good/bad thinking, and that includes your antagonist.
Let’s map out the steps to making a complex villain- aka, an antagonist.
First, remember that your antagonist (usually) is a person, just like your protagonist. It might help to develop them outside of their intentions first, and put a person to the upcoming reputation.
Chances are, your antagonist didn’t just rise up out of the ground ready to kill. They came from somewhere. Your readers don’t even have to know everything about your antag’s backstory, but you do, if you want to really understand them. It often holds the key reason as to why your antagonist is where they are. The drive behind anger, revenge, change, or pleasing someone else can come from the events in their background.
Why do they hold the beliefs they hold? Were they raised that way? Were they taught by some mentor figure? Were they cover from a reality they couldn’t bear? Are they trying to please someone, or get revenge on someone who displeased them? The answer should be in their background.
Remember, every villain is a hero in their own mind. They believe that what they are doing is necessary, even if they recognize that it is unpleasant. What are they fighting for? Why does it matter to them so much, that they are willing to overlook all the harm they do?
“The Greater Good”: This is one of the more common and understandable villain motives. They believe that what they are doing now is paving the way to a better future. But keep in mind that what your antag views as a “better future” may be very, very different than the average opinion. Maybe a “better future” for them is a genocidal purge or the world ending in flames. Who knows.
That’s not the only type of motive. Be creative. Work with the information you established in your character’s background to find the most reasonable motive.
This is going to be related to your background and motive in an interesting way. Think of your antagonist as a character who has already completed their Character Arc and reached a negative end. Look at the points of change on the character arc- the ones that push your character farther down their path. What are those events? Those are the tipping points that prompted your character towards becoming they way they are now- those key moments where your character had a choice, and they chose to become bitter, hateful, vengeful, cold, or other negative things.
These could be the deaths of loved ones, the promptings of a mentor, or a moment of injustice that made them realize that the world isn’t always kind.
This is the part where you develop them outside of their intentions. How do they behave?
It’s tempting to just say that your villain is a villain because they torture and kill people. But those are not the only things that make a villain a scary or serious threat. Some characters might jump to violence easier than others. Some might be more into psychological torment. Some might actually seem really charming or persuasive, which is frightening in it’s own way- they might actually be tricky enough to confuse you into making bad decisions on your own. Think about your character’s background again. What makes the most sense for them as a person?
This is how your antagonist comes across to others. Keep in mind that your reader and your other characters don’t know your antagonist like you do. How does this person present to the world?
-Are they open to discussion/negotiation?
-Are they open about their intentions?
-How quick are they to violence?
-What are their methods of war?
-When you meet them, are they charismatic, quiet, charming, vulgar? Do they have a sense of humor, or are they stoic?
-Do they seem to enjoy what they are doing, or do they express regrets even as they do it?
What are they willing to do to achieve their goals? Do they have weaknesses in their personal lives?
1. Do they have noble ends behind their controversial means?
2. Is there a line even they won’t cross?
3. Do they have someone/something that they care about?
4. Do they prefer to do the killing/torturing etc themselves or do they just give the order?
Remember that if your antagonist does have any of these moral weaknesses, they are not going to want to show it. One has to keep up intimidating appearances, after all.
Speaking of appearances…
This part is here to tell you what not to do. There are certain appearances that are getting really old with villains.
1. Dressing in all black. Why do they even do that? It’s time to stop associating black with “bad” and white with “good”. It just isn’t like that, so stop making villains all dark and stuff.
2. Scars. I think scars are pretty cool, don’t get me wrong. But if there is no relevant reason for it to be there, don’t talk about it all the time. That goes for all characters, not just villains. Like the color black, scars are not just a villain thing. Everyone has them. Don’t associate them with “bad.”
3. Sexy. I get the idea that making a villain attractive makes them harder to hate, but that can be kind of a cop out of actual complexity. Again, if there is no legitimate reason to make your villain sexy, then don’t. It’s not necessary.
4. Ugly. I hesitate to call any traits inherently ugly, but if you’re striving to make your character unpleasant looking just because they’re bad, then once again, you are associating feature=evil, which is not creative at best and seriously socially harmful at worst.
Basically, your villains should be just as diverse as anyone else. You don’t need stereotypes to make them scary. Sometimes it’s scarier than anything else to just have an average person. It sort of adds to the idea that anyone could be a villain. And that’s pretty frightening.
- Complicate your villains. They’re not just Evil McEvilpants.
That’s it for now, but like anything else in writing, antagonists have a lot of possibility and exceptions. But that was your basic rundown on the things to consider when making a complicated antagonist.
김민석 // Minseok Kim ° Xiumin ¤ its been four years but people still call him minSOK ¤ he was born a year before all the seniors so he’s older than all of them ¤ “I have two part time jobs so shut the fuck up” ¤ doesn’t have any really close friends but still has some ¤ wears ear buds EVERYDAY, can’t live w/o them
김준면 // Junmyeon Kim ° Suho ¤ is the class president even though nobody knows who he is ¤ took every AP and Honors class possible from freshman year till now ¤ was on the national honors society every year and got the Summa Cum Laude award (4.0+ gpa ofc)
¤ very nice!! ¤ father friend but not a pushover
张艺兴 // Yixing Zhang ° Lay ¤ he always looks high but has never smoked in his life ¤ nobody knows he can dance hella good but he’s always doing dance moves in the air ¤ “bro , I don’t smoke weed stop asking” ¤ he laughs at people crying ¤ asks dumb questions in class “so is math related to science?” (everyone sighs)
변백현 // Baekhyun Byun ° Baekhyun ¤ a THOT ¤ wears tight pants so he can “enhance his curves” ¤ loud everyday for no reason!
¤ friends with all the janitors ¤ if you see him around chanyeol you know shit is going down (not in a good way) ¤ throws parties but gets drunk ; hooked up with Chanyeol (who follows him like a dog)
김종대 // Jongdae Kim ° Chen ¤ the sensible friend ¤ whines for e v e r y t h i n g, but its cute so cant get mad ¤ can’t never do nothing by himself (people always ruin it for him) ¤ short but strong ¤ has a car and people only want rides (“youre all SNAKES” he whines)
박찬열 // Chanyeol Park ° Chanyeol ¤ ANNOYING ASF ¤ and tall for no reason!! ¤ hangs off of his shorter friends because he “gets tired of walking” ¤ doesn’t know when to stop playing!! ¤ tries to turn in assignments at the last minute ¤ a part of the drumline in marching band ¤ in LOVE with baekhyun, doesn’t care what Baek does to him (“hes my cinnamon apple” he screams)
도경수 // Kyungsoo Do ° D.O (literally me!!!) ¤ very very average student ¤ grades are good, test scores are qualifying ¤ everybody thinks he’s smart asf when he literally does nothing ¤ pretty asexual (but literally wants to hold jongin) ¤ only in the psychology club ¤ took cooking twice in a row (when he got to put in his schedule) ¤ “why are you looking at me, stop”
김종인 // Jongin Kim ° Kai ¤ “wheres this class again?” ¤ laughs at anything and everything because “its just funny” (with tears in his eyes) ¤ sleeps in class and super grumpy for the rest of the day ¤ acts condescending sometimes ¤ takes 47809678 snaps before sending them to kyungsoo (“omg I look so ugly 😥”)
오세훈 // Sehun Oh ° Sehun ¤ immune to people saying “Oh, its Sehun” ¤ has a sugar daddy, he calls him Lulu (“we wont even meet, he lives in China”) ¤ always absent for some reason too ¤ copies people’s homework and acts surprised when he gets caught
¤ VERY sassy , rolls his eyes 24/7
¤ “oh my GOSH , JUST SEND THE SNAP” (he yells at jongin)
Grown adults act like “kids won’t understand” what being transgender is, like they have an fucking concept of gender yet. I’m an ftm male, but I don’t wear my binder around my house because you should always give yourself a day or two with the binder off(good binding self-care) and I have some pretty big chesticals (34DDD) so it’s hard NOT to fucking notice them. My little foster brother (8 fucking years old) said, “Well she can always help.” Then he stopped mid thought and said, “He, I mean he can always help.” If a fucking 8 year old can consciously correct themselves and think about how I FEEL, then why the fuck can’t you? Your kids will understand and sometimes they may not always get that person’s gender right, nor will they always call them the correct pronouns, but they can fucking learn and be sentient.
Warnings: Angst if you like squint! Smut. Kinky shit. NSFW gifs. Language.
Summary: You surprise Bucky with a little outfit during Tony’s halloween party.
A/N: Congrats @bucky-plums-barnes on the 8K!! Since people asked for a second part to Anticipation, I thought why not do the second part for someone else’s challenge. Let me know if you want to be tagged HERE. Gif source.
Draco frowned but shook his head and pushed his plate across the table. Potter attacked it as if he hadn’t just stuffed his face with three servings of scrambled eggs and croissants.
“Thanks,” he said, beaming at Draco. Clearing his throat, Draco had to look away, otherwise Potter might have noticed how pink his cheeks had suddenly gotten. He really didn’t understand Potter. He didn’t understand this whole strange situation they were in. Who would have thought he and Potter would become the kind of friends who would meet on Sundays for brunch? As much as Draco had always fantasised about becoming friends with him, this was an unexpected outcome. But not as unexpected as what had happened a few days ago…
“Potter, I think you’ve had enough to drink.”
“Dracoooooo! Don’t be such a drag!”
Draco blinked, the sound of his own name still ringing in his ears. Was this the first time Potter had said his given name to his face? Draco hated how much he enjoyed it. Watching Potter sway as he tried to make his way to the bar, Draco grabbed his arm.
“No more drinks for you,” he said resolutely.
“Dracoooo.” Potter knitted his brows together and started pouting. He actually pouted. Draco felt like he was going to faint.
“No, you’ve had enough.” His eyes darted down to Potter’s mouth. His lower lip was trembling and Draco wished he could stop the trembling by softly biting into it. “This won’t work on me,” he said, mentally cursing his voice for sounding so unsteady.
“Are you sure?” Potter said, his mouth stretching into a smile. “Then maybe this will!” With childish enthusiasm, Potter threw his arms around Draco’s neck. Their bodies were suddenly flush against each other.
“What are you-?” Before Draco could finish his question, Potter’s lips were on his, moving slowly and softly. Draco was too stunned to push him away. And honestly, he didn’t want to. Potter was kissing him! And the way he was kissing him… He didn’t seem as drunk as Draco had thought. Or maybe, he was just an exceptionally good kisser.
Against his better judgement, Draco closed his eyes and tentatively placed his hands on Potter’s hips. Potter let out a deep sigh that send a delicious shiver down Draco’s spine. But wait… this wasn’t right. Potter wasn’t in his right mind.
Reluctantly, Draco detached his lips from Potter’s and stared at him. He was not prepared for the sight that met him. Potter was gazing at him dreamily, a wide smile plastered on his face.
“See? I know it would work on you,” he mumbled, before his head collapsed on Draco’s shoulder. The added weight, from Potter going completely limp in his arms, made Draco stumble.
“What in Merlin’s name was that?”
Draco had asked himself that question a lot over the last couple of days. He still had no idea. Potter had acted like nothing had happened when they had seen each other again. Maybe he didn’t remember. But something was definitely off; Potter kept finding excuses to touch Draco in seemingly innocent ways and whenever he thought Draco wasn’t paying attention, he kept giving him theselooks.
At first, Draco had thought he was just imagining things, but it kept happening and it left Draco confused and frustrated. What was Potter doing?
“Hey, I thought we could go to the movies tonight,” Potter said, completely nonchalant.
“The movies,” Draco repeated flatly.
“Yeah, you know, the Muggle-”
“I know what it is,” Draco snapped. He took a sip of his coffee and slammed the cup back down on the saucer.
“Is that a no?” Potter asked. Draco looked away, not sure what to say. As much as he enjoyed spending time with him, the way Potter was behaving made everything so hard. Draco wasn’t sure he could do it for much longer without exploding. Maybe it would be better to pause this friendship thing for a little bit. When his eyes found Potter’s again, his mouth opened involuntarily. Potter’s eyes were piercing and there was an odd expression on his face.
“Hold on, you’ve got some crumbs-” He leaned over the table, his hand outstretched. Draco blinked as Potter’s fingers brushed the corner of his mouth. They definitely lingered there longer than necessary. This was it! Draco had enough of this teasing.
Slamming his hands down on the table, he pushed himself out of his seat and stormed out of the café. What did Potter think they were doing? He acted like they were just friends, just friends, and then he did something like that. Seriously, it was all Potter’s fault. If the git hadn’t kissed him-
Draco stopped in his tracks, a warm feeling spreading inside his chest. Stupid, stupid! He shouldn’t be feeling that way.
“Draco, wait!” Potter caught up to him, grabbing him by the shoulder and turning him around. “What’s going on? Why did you just leave like that?”
Draco scowled at his feet, not wanting to look Potter in the eyes.
“Is it something I did?” Potter asked, sounding genuinely unsure. Draco snorted. “What is it? Talk to me?” Potter lowered his head to catch Draco’s eyes and Draco suddenly felt fingers brushing the hair out of his face.
“This! This!!” Slapping his hand away, Draco finally looked up. “You’ve got to stop doing that!”
Potter looked shocked. He clearly hadn’t expected such an outburst.
“You can’t just do that all the time. Touch me like that.”
Draco watched as Potter’s face fell. He bit his lip and started wringing his hands.
“Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t know it made you that uncomfortable.”
Wait, why did Potter look so crestfallen? That didn’t make any sense.
“It does,” Draco said through gritted teeth. “It would be much easier if you could be… a little more decisive.” Draco really didn’t want to have this conversation. He was pretty sure he’d just end up humiliating himself. And maybe, it would even mean the end of his friendship with Potter.
“What do you mean, more decisive?”
Draco sighed. Maybe his friendship with Potter was already over. Draco couldn’t stand to be around him like this.
“Maybe you behave like that around your friends. I don’t. There’s a line between- It’s not something you just- There’s a difference between-” Draco didn’t know how to explain it to Potter without sounding like a lovesick fool.
“Do you mean- I-… Are you talking about the kiss?” Potter sounded extremely nervous. Draco gaped at him.
“You remember? I thought you didn’t remember.”
“No, I remember,” Potter said quietly.
Draco’s mind reeled.
“Then why- What are you doing? I can’t even tell if that was accidental or not? If you regret it or not? What is this- What are we-”
“I don’t know, okay?” Potter interrupted him. “I don’t know.”
Draco studied him, taking in the insecure expression on his face.
“Even if you don’t know, you can’t just do that to me,” he murmured. “I have no idea what to think anymore.”
Potter bit the inside of his cheeks, before taking a step towards Draco.
“But you like me, right?”
Annoyed, Draco clicked his tongue.
“I’m pretty sure the answer to that is painfully obvious.”
Potter took another step, so that their chests were touching. Reaching for Draco’s hands, he interlaced their fingers and peered up at him from under his lashes.
“Would you…” His voice quivered slightly. “Would you want to kiss me again?”
Draco opened his mouth but no sound came out. Had Potter really just asked him-
“Potter, what are you doing?” he said, almost choking on the words. His eyes darted down when Potter licked his lips in one swift motion. “This is what I’m talking about. You can’t just keep playing these games with me.”
“It’s not a game,” Potter said, his expression turning serious. “I have no idea what I’m doing, okay? I have no idea how to handle… this.” He gave Draco’s hands a squeeze and guided them to the small of his back. “I’ve never fallen for a bloke before. Not like this. And you’re not just any bloke. It’s a little overwhelming, alright?”
Draco was glad Potter had stopped talking. He wasn’t sure if he would have been able to hear anything else over the ringing in his ears.
“Did you just say- You… What?”
Potter laughed, loud and wide. It made Draco weak in the knees.
“Can we please not dwell on this? This is embarrassing enough,” Potter said, pressing his body against Draco’s. “So, you still haven’t answered my question. Would you kiss me again?”
Instead of answering, Draco made a deep gurgling sound at the back of his throat. Before Potter had the chance to comment on it, Draco grabbed his face with both hands and started kissing him like he had wanted to for as long as he could remember.
“I swear to Merlin, if you take back what you just told me and we go back to being friends, I’m going to hex your testicles off,” he growled against Potter’s lips.
“Oh, I think we can make use of them in a much better way,” Potter chuckled, burying his hands in Draco’s hair. Draco groaned. He couldn’t believe this was really happening. After all this time. Finally!
A/N: So I’m finally getting through my asks! This one was a request for an insecure reader and an over zealous flirty Bucky. I love writing him like this! So I got carried away and suddenly this was almost five thousand words so I’m going to have to split it into a two parter! Ugh, charming Bucky. You do things to my heart
Word Count: 4k+
Warnings: A disgusting amount of pining, sailor like cursing, maybe triggering self doubt and insecurity, pretty SFW…for now.
Summary: You’d supported Steve and his decision to not kill Bucky. Fuck, you even supported Steve when he’d literally started a war over Bucky. Done jail time for him. But you what you couldn’t manage to do for the life of you, for the love of Steve, was get along with Bucky. Especially when he managed to make you blush every time you were in the same room as the man
Thaaaaank you @alwaysfangirly!! 💖 And omg, you’re so kind! And so patient! Because this took me forever and you were so sweet about it!
I hope you like what I did with it! (Even though it might be kinda messy and confusing…) Oh, and I also posted it on AO3, because… well, once more, it turned out longer than I intended…
“Pansy, where was I yesterday?”
“What was I doing? Did you see me talking to anyone?”
Draco paced the length of the eighth year common room, feeling Pansy’s intent stare on him.
“Those are really odd questions to ask. Have you lost your mind?”
“In a manner of speaking,” Draco muttered, stopping in front of the fireplace. “I think someone obliviated me. No, I am sure someone obliviated me.”
He heard Pansy get off the armchair and walk over to him.
“Are you sure? Why would someone do that to you?”
“That’s what I’d like to know,” Draco growled.
“But how can you be sure you’ve been obliviated? I mean, isn’t the point of obliviating someone that they… well, forget?”
Draco scratched the back of his neck, nodding absentmindedly.
“Something just felt off when I woke up this morning. I was sure it was Wednesday but then I saw the Daily Prophet and realised it was already Thursday. I remember everything until Tuesday night and waking up today. But if I try to think about what happened yesterday, my mind just goes blank. I’ve been racking my brain all day long. It’s the only explanation, Pansy. I-”
Draco stopped in his tracks when he saw Potter enter the common room. Something was… weird about him today. He didn’t look at Draco. He hadn’t looked at Draco all day. He always looked at Draco. He probably thought it went unnoticed but, of course, Draco noticed. He always stared right back whenever Potter briefly averted his eyes. Always. But why was Potter avoiding his gaze today?
“Potter!” Without a moment’s hesitation, he strode over to the Gryffindor.
“Hey Malfoy,” he mumbled, his eyes on the carpet.
“Potter, is there something you want to tell me?” Draco inquired, lowering his head to catch the other boy’s eye.
“No?” the Gryffindor said, his voice slightly shaking.
“I think there is. Out with it, Potter! Something happened yesterday, I know it.”
“You do?” Potter said in astonishment, finally looking up. His eyes were full of wonder and… apprehension. “But you shouldn’t-” He broke off, pressing his mouth into a thin line.
“I shouldn’t what?” Draco said, stepping closer and narrowing his eyes. “Remember? You did it, didn’t you? You were the one who obliviated me.”
Potter was trying very hard to keep a straight face, but Draco saw right through him.
“The question is,” he said slowly, lowering his voice, “why did you do it?”
Potter closed his eyes and let out a sigh.
“I’ve been feeling guilty about that all day. I shouldn’t have done it.”
“Then why did you?” Draco asked.
“I panicked, okay? I didn’t do it on purpose. It was like a reflex.”
Now Draco simply had to know what had happened the day before. This sounded serious.
“Show me,” he said, grabbing Potter by the wrist.
“There’s got to be a Pensieve around here somewhere,” Draco muttered, already dragging Potter out of the common room.
“There is, actually,” Potter mumbled behind him.
Draco looked around the memory he and Potter had just dived into. They were in the dungeons and class had just started.
“Professor, why are you showing us Amortentia again?” one of the students asked, sounding more eager than annoyed.
“Because,” Professor Slughorn said with a smile, “I want you to brew an antidote today. So everyone take a quick sniff to get in the right mood and get started.”
Draco frowned as he watched himself go into the storage room, apparently ignoring Slughorn’s instructions. His eyes then fell on Potter, Pensieve-Potter to be precise, who stood in front of the cauldron full of Amortentia. Granger and the Weasel were standing beside him, grinning at each other. It was disgusting.
“What do you smell, Harry?” the Weasel asked. Potter blinked.
“Come on, we’re your friends. You can tell us,” the Weasel insisted, elbowing him.
“No, Ron, I literally smell nothing,” Potter muttered, sounding genuinely surprised.
“That’s strange,” Granger chimed in.
“Yeah.” Potter creased his eyebrows. “I would have thought-” He stopped abruptly as Draco, well, Pensieve-Draco, came into view again, locking eyes with him.
“Professor, have you ever heard of anyone who doesn’t smell anything? In regards to Amortentia, I mean.”
“Hermione,” Potter growled through gritted teeth.
“What, she didn’t say it was you,” the Weasel shrugged. Potter slapped a hand to his forehead and Draco saw himself smirk.
“You don’t smell anything, Potter? That’s pretty pathetic.” When Pensieve-Draco simply strutted back to his desk and began chopping his ingredients, the real Draco frowned.
“So that’s the big secret? This is why you obliviated me?” he asked.
“Wait for it,” Potter mumbled. Was Draco imagining it or were Potter’s cheeks turning a bit rosy? He was biting the inside of his cheek, too, and constantly shifting his weight. He was nervous.
Intrigued, Draco watched as the class proceeded without significant interruptions.
When Slughorn dismissed them and students started hurrying out of the classroom, Draco tapped his foot impatiently. He paused when he saw his past self purposely bump into Potter, causing the Gryffindor to drop all his books.
Smirking to himself, Pensieve-Draco bent down to help Pensieve-Potter pick up his things, quickly scanning the room. They were the only ones left.
“So, you really didn’t smell anything?” Draco heard himself ask. Pensieve-Potter just scowled at him. Draco could see what Pensieve-Potter obviously didn’t; Pensieve-Draco was disappointed. “Nothing at all?”
Getting up, Pensieve-Potter slammed down his books on the desk nearest to him.
“Not that it’s any of your business, but I used to smell… something. So you can save your taunts about-”
“What is that?” Pensieve-Draco suddenly asked. Potter had been draping his Gryffindor scarf around his neck but had halted at the Slytherin’s outburst. The real Draco watched closely as his past self stretched out a hand and examined the scarf.
“What is it now?” Pensieve-Potter said, sounding irritated but also slightly nervous. “It’s my scarf.”
Pensieve-Draco slowly shook his head as he drew out his wand.
“No, something is off.” He pointed his wand at the scarf and before Potter could protest or interfere, he had mumbled, “Revelio.”