Unpopular Book Opinions Tag
Thanks @bookcub for tagging me!
- Popular book you disliked: The Perks of Being A Wallflower - it was not at all what I expected it to be, and I just didn’t like it.
- Book that everyone dislikes that you love: The Stranger by Albert Camus. I can see why a lot of people don’t like it - I mean, let’s be real, Meursault is a little jerk - but I personally really enjoyed it.
- Central ship you dislike: Harry and Ginny. Just no.
- Popular genre you don’t usually read: I barely touch YA contemporary. It just isn’t my thing.
- Beloved character you hate: The Darkling. He is not enigmatic or attractive or alluring. He is royally messed up and… just nope.
- Popular author you can’t get into: Cassandra Clare. I’ve read a grand total of one of her books, and that was enough for me.
- Popular trope you are tired of: The “you’re not like other girls” trope. That trope needs to die. No more special snowflakes.
- Popular book or series you have no interest in: The Millenium series. I picked up the first book and couldn’t get past the first page. Plus, it just really doesn’t sound like something I’m that interested in.
- Movie/TV show is better than the book: Oliver Twist. The book was a drag, while the movie cut straight to the interesting parts.
I’m sort of too lazy to tag anyone, and I don’t even know who’s done this or not since I was tagged so long ago, so if anyone wants to do this, just tag me in your response so I can see all your unpopular opinions.