Pop Stars AU - Unpublished Scenes
I decided to open a word document just now and started writing my notes and out-of-order scenes for Lightning Strikes Every Time (He) Moves and figured I’d share with those of you that are waiting for the next update a very general idea of some of the scenes coming that have left me screaming at myself because… why am I like this? This story is a train wreck.
- Leo de la Iglesia writes and performs Despacito in this AU (”Oh my god, Phichit, I love this song!” Yuuri whispers, eyes wide in the dim lighting of the club.). He decides to give the English version’s English verse to Lee Seung-Gil, who makes no secret whatsoever that he’s totally into Yuuri when he performs the song at a private party. He sings his portion staring directly, intensely at Yuuri.
- “Phichit,” Yuuri gushes, squeezing his friend’s arm with a smile, “I think he’s coming onto you! He’s looking over here!” Viktor steps closer, shadowing over Yuuri as he leans conspirationally to tell Yuuri with a coy smile, “Actually, I think he’s looking at you. You should go up there and dance with him.”
- Poor Phichit is heartbroken, but he’ll survive (or will he? Yuuri, why you doing your bestie like this?). But Yuuri is not interested in anyone that isn’t Viktor (and feels almost offended that Viktor would even suggest to him that he go dance with someone else - like, excuse you, VikNik, but do you not know who you came with? And yeah no, he doesn’t, Yuuri, chill), so he starts circling around Viktor, shimmying his hips slowly until he manages to entice Viktor to dance with him. And you can pretty much image that this is this AU’s version of the canon’s famous first-meet dance.
- Mila films the whole thing. And posts the video of the two dancing (which of course leads to rumors that they must be in a relationship circulating even more!). Meanwhile, Chris confesses that he had begged Leo for the song, but Leo had told him he’d keep it for himself after Viktor turned him down. Yuuri, of course, is SHOCKED VikNik didn’t take the song and demands Viktor perform it with Leo, as it really should have happened! Instead, Viktor promises Yuuri that he’ll perform an unreleased song just for him – Yuuri just needs to be patient.
- Seung-Gil starts sending Yuuri flowers. Viktor keeps encouraging Yuuri to consider giving Seung-Gil a shot, even as he can’t shake a strange feeling that’s not jealousy (because WHAT? No!). It’s okay, VikNik. You’ll figure it out. Yuuri is super offended.
- “Someday you’re going to realize that there is no one that shines brighter, that matters more than Viktor in my world. And that’s going to be the same day I convince you to never take your eyes off me again.” “Yuuri,” Viktor sighs, brushing the fringe of his dark hair back with a tired smile. It makes Yuuri all the angrier that Viktor looks so defeated, like Yuuri is a child in need of good chiding, “I don’t think you realize it, but you already have the whole world’s eyes on you. Including mine.”
- Yuuri goes on a talk show with Otabek and Phichit, and gets asked a lot of questions about his relationship with VikNik – especially because VikNik is backstage, having a pretty ominous sounding conversation with Celestino!
- “I assume Yuuri already told you that he’s decided not to sign for an additional five years,” Viktor fixes his cuff, staring straight ahead. Celestino studies his profile, “I hope you don’t think things are finalized. I’m not sure what game you’re playing, Viktor, but Yuuri isn’t leaving the Hit Factory.”
- Yuuri leaves the Hit Factory and signs with Viktor after he gets jealous when there’s a leak of a demo for I Don’t Want to Live Forever - in which VikNik duets with (unimportant) Young Female Pop Star #1.
- VikNik starts following Yuuri on the last concerts of his tour, sending the rumor mill spinning - which seems to be exactly what he wants. Celestino warns Yuuri to watch out. But Yuuri lets Celestino know that he’ll be just fine; he has a plan!
- Yuuri moves in with Viktor, Mila, and Yuri to Villa Vedici.
- I said this was a train wreck, right? Because I’ve obviously been writing everything out of order and there’s a sex scene in a recording studio between our two boys, which VikNik automatically regrets because Yuuri of course has to let the whole world know of his happiness – obviously not explicitly, but the songs that he starts writing and putting together for the last, remaining little bits of his contract with the Hit Factory are, uh, telling.
- Accidental family? Viktor and Yuuri act almost like parents to the younger pop stars, Mila and Yuri, especially Yuri, who is still very salty about how Yuuri treated him in the beginning of the whole story!
Okay! I won’t bore you all with more out of order, random scenes. :)