She carefully moved to sit next to him, keeping as quiet as she could.
“Val,” she breathed, gently tapping his arm. “Val.” He stirred. “Are you awake?”
“I am now,” he groaned. “What’s up?”
“Shh,” she whispered. “Everyone else is sleeping.”
“Must be nice.”
“Shut up. I need to talk to you about something.”
“Something wrong?” he asked, sitting up and giving her more attention now. He rubbed his eyes and then focused on her.
“Not wrong, no. But I need to talk to you about something and it’s kind of… time-sensitive, I guess.”
“Yeah? How so?”
She couldn’t take a chance on everyone else remaining asleep for too long. She took a deep breath and threw caution to the wind. “Because I’m literally down to hours I have left to tell him I love him and I need to do it before it’s too late.”
“Tell who what?!”
“Shh!” she hissed, glancing around. Everyone else was still fast asleep. “James,” she said very quietly. “Tell James I love him.”
“Oh.” He blinked confusedly. “You mean you haven’t told him yet?”
“What? Who… How did you know?!”
“I have eyes, babe,” he said with a soft laugh. “So, you’re telling him?”
“No, I’m talking to you. But eventually? Maybe? Good idea or bad idea?”
He thought about it for a moment. “Both.”
She sighed. “That’s what I think, too. So, what do I do?”
“What do you want to do?”
She glanced over at him. He slept soundly, his head falling onto his shoulder. And she thought of this time tomorrow when she would no longer be spending every waking moment with him. Dancing with him. Laughing with him. Just being with him.
“I want to tell him I love him.”
“Then what the hell did you need to wake me up for?”
He was right, of course. He usually was.
And then James shifted in his sleep, turning his head so that he faced away from them and wriggling in his seat for a moment before he fell still again. She didn’t see the single tear that fell from his eyes.
this definitely does not fit the prompt but i tried hwjkfdnasf
As cliché as it might sound, you remember the first time you saw him as if it was yesterday.
It was a slow day, the one or two customers in the shop browsing idly through your not-insignificant shelves for the past hour or so when they entered. The bell above your door chimed incessantly as eight of the most colorful personalities in all of Exandria stepped through. The bright red dragonborn (how curious. not many of them ever really stepped outside of Draconia, and your merchant’s eye noticed the intricate brocade trim that adorned the dragonborn’s robes with some interest) and the tall woman with antlers (antlers) made a beeline for the shelves stocked with ingredients. The two gnomes and… was that an actual goliath behind them? meandered about in idle curiosity, occasionally picking things up (and almost breaking them, in the goliath’s case) as they did. The tall, bespectacled fellow somewhat awkwardly shuffled his way towards the shelves with tomes on the more obscure histories, thumbing his way through the dusty pages with rapidly growing interest (Sherri was already making her way towards him, fiery determination in her eyes. We are not a library!)
HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY GIMME JAMILTON HCS FOR A CREATURE AU P L E A S E
A creature au… hmmm. I haven’t thought about this a lot. Lets say Alexander is a short Elf because he’s really intelligent and cold inside. And Thomas can be a Satyr (a wild and lustful half goat half human) bc obviously, let’s be real.
- Thomas always trying to seduce Alexander while he’s trying to write scrolls and Alexander just grabbing his horns and pushing him away
- Alexander slowly realizing that ever since John died (whoops look what I did) he hasn’t loved anybody, but he’s slowly falling for Thomas (even though he’s a foolish, sarcastic jerk)
- Thomas loves ear nibbling so Alexander’s ears being longer is a big bonus
- Alexander has these violet and blue eyes that Thomas just can’t stop staring at, and he knows Elves have beautiful eyes but damn, this boys eyes just take his breath away and it freaks him out because before he noticed Alex’s eyes he only wanted sex from other people
- Thomas realizing in the middle of trying to seduce a random centaur one day that he can’t have sex with other people because he’s in love with Alexander and he just starts crying and runs away for a while
- When he comes back Alexander cries and admits he loves him and they finally get together
- Thomas’ horns are always in the way
That’s all I’ve got, I haven’t thought of a creature au a lot, but hey if yall want more of this then ask away
@alstonwiggles gave me permission to colour this in so I could de-stress during exam week. Actually have had this done since my warm-down after my Pysch exam on Friday but I was debating doing some more shading/lighting but I’m super lazy and idk how to shade.
It was a lot of help to stop my increasing panic over my grades by directing my focus to something else so thank you~