Wholemeal vegan pizza
I got vegan cheese from cruelty free shop. ( please click here to see what I got! )
I have tasted edam ( I think it was on Nachos) , mozzarella at vegan friendly pizza shop in Newtown few times so It it time for me to use it!
I’ve got vegan
Well, I bought vegan cheese to eat pizza so I made wholemeal pizza dough!
I am so curious about blue cheese..I can’t use tomato sauce base for blue cheese so I made
Roasted potato, caramelised onion and blue cheese pizza
I put lots of black pepper and parsley :) Yes, it does taste blue cheese. Yum
It is dedicated to my Irish boy friend who loves potatoes
For tomato sauce base, I made
Roasted eggplant, sauteed mushroom and fresh cherry tomatoes with basil, oregano
I put both mozzarella and edam both to compare the taste.
I prefer mozzarella for pizza. Edam cheezly is good for Mexican, I think. Like nachos.
Here is the recipe for wholemeal pizza dough recipe
Makes 2 large pizza
2 cups wholemeal flour
1 tsp rapadura sugar ( whatever sugar you have, I use nutritious sugar not refined sugar)
½ tsp sea salt
¾ warm water
7g dried yeast
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in a warm water
- Mix the flour and salt and pour yeast water. Knead until very smooth.
- Leave the dough covered with clean tea towel in a warm oven ( 35C to 40C ) for 15 mins or until dough become double size
- Divide into two and roll out to desired thickness.
* I bake first until slight golden colour then put the sauce and filling.
* You can leave the dough in a fridge for a week. I made double portion and leave the dough in the fridge then I baked pizza in the same week again. Also you can freeze for later use.
I also made korokke. What is korokke?
It is Japanese version of French croquette. We use potato and beef mince to make it but I use chick pea instead of mince.
I mushed potato and chick pea with salt and pepper. Then I inserted edam cheezly inside. then coat with flour, egg ( if you are vegan, please use grated potato instead ) and wholemeal bread crumbs then deep fried.
Serve with mixture of eggless mayo, parsley and lemon juice.