YO YO YO HIT ME UP WITH THOSE SWEET VICTUURI HEADCANONS BRUH
I GOT YOU!
- Viktor has personalized gold bladed skates so he thinks it’s a good idea to get Yuuri a matching pair for his birthday too.
- I like to think that Viktor actually flew back to Russia after the Rostelecom Cup because he wanted to show Yuuri where he grew up in St. Petersburg (it’s only fair since Viktor knows Yuuri’s hometown so well.)
- When he arrives back in Moscow, the two take a flight to St. Petersburg. The first thing Viktor does is take Yuuri to meet him mother. Sadly, Viktor’s father passed away a few years ago.
- Viktor looks just like his mother and she’s delighted to finally see the man who stole her son’s heart and welcomes Yuuri with open arms. Yuuri is beyond nervous because he fears Viktor’s mom won’t like him but he’s dead wrong. She only wishes her husband were alive to see the happy couple too.
- The next day, Viktor secretly picks up the skates before taking Yuuri out. He takes Yuuri to a remote place surrounded by trees and right in the middle is a frozen pond.
- The place is ethereal and with the light from the pale winter sun, it looks like something out of a fairy tale.
- Viktor tells him he came here with his father during winter when he was 5 years old because his father loved hiking in such places. When little Viktor first stepped onto that frozen pond and glided across the ice, he knew he wanted to be a figure skater (even though he fell right after).
- Viktor then has Yuuri close his eyes and sits him down carefully on a fallen tree trunk. He takes out the skates from his bag and puts them on Yuuri’s feet.
- Yuuri is surprised and a bit worried since those skates look really expensive but Viktor hushes him with a kiss. When Yuuri looks closely at the skates though, there’s his name etched into the leather on the sides.
- Except, it’s not exactly his name. It reads Yuuri Nikiforov.
- Viktor, still on his knees, pulls out a velvet box with a wedding ring inside. It’s actually his mother’s, who insisted Viktor have it when he told her his plan to propose to Yuuri.
- Yuuri is a speechless and can’t stop the tears from escaping his eyes. Of course he says yes and tackles Viktor into a hug and both just lay in the soft snow.
- They skate together on the pond to Serenade for Two well into the evening.