1. What was the point of the puzzle pieces of the puzzle image meant nothing?
2. How was that not related to Archer or Bethany Young’s drawings?
3. Speaking of which, how is Bethany not more relevant to this?
4. If Bethany isn’t relevant then what does this picture that Marlene posted from the finale mean? Is she just a bad speller?
5. Why impregnate Ali with Emily’s eggs? What was the point of that?
6. Why was a Melissa mask necessary?
7. What was the point of holding Ezra captive?
8. Why did A.D. favor Aria so much and pull her to the dark side?
9. Also Alex climbed in bed next to Aria and said she would love her the most. Why did she have such a soft spot for Aria?
10. If Wren broke out Mona from Welby, then when was he killed? Didn’t we just see him at the airport?
11. Why did Alex kill him?
12. Was Melissa ever even in this episode or was that Mona? If not, where is she?
13. What the point of this picture of a burned person? I liked the fan theory better than the actual ending in which Bethany was burned during the Jenna Thing and that gave her more motive.
14. What was the purpose of Ali and Bethany being pen pals?
15. What purpose did Sara Harvey serve and why make her both Red Coat and Black Widow?
16. What was the point of Bethany’s drawings?
17. What was the relevance of the Carissimi group again? Wasn’t Jason involved somehow?
18. And how did Jenna and Noel become involved? That was briefly explained but still unclear to me.
19. Why were Alex and Mary Drake both at the blind school in 7x10 but they were playing for opposing sides? Who shot Spencer?
20. At what point did Wren and Melissa break up and he met Alex? The timeline seems off.
21. What was the point of Lucas’ comic book? Why was this never mentioned again?
22. What was Ian filming? Who was beach hottie? What was the point of NAT club?
23. Why did Jessica DiLaurentis tell Bethany to call her aunt?
24. Why would CeCe dress as Charles in the dollhouse if she’s transgender now?
25. How did Cece and Sara Harvey meet?
26. Who killed Sara Harvey? Noel?
27. What’s the significance of all the pie references? And pretty eyes?
28. In a flashback a few seasons ago, Ali comes into Spencer’s house with a bloodied lip and tries to hide it. Who did that to her?
29. What was the purpose of Sydney? How did she and Alex meet?
30. Why were so many people wearing yellow tops that night?
31. Who did Spencer hear scream back in the pilot episode?
32. Why is the number 214 constantly brought up? It was several hotel numbers, it was the locker number that Aria used, it’s been seen several times over the course of all the seasons.
33. How did Alex create this board game? How was she everywhere at once?
34. Why doesn’t she have more motive against Mary Drake who sold her when she was a baby?
35. Back a few seasons ago, there was a scene where they police had suspects written on a chalkboard. Why was “Dr” Wren in quotations? Is he really a doctor?
36. Why did Bethany have Melissa’s riding helmet?
37. Why did Eddie Lamb recognize Aria in Radley?
38. Was Spaleb real or was that Alex?
39. Did Alex kill Yvonne?
40. Who built the dollhouse?
41. Why was Noel helping with the dollhouse?
42. What was the point of all the Alison masks?
43. What did Maya know?
44. What is the exact timeline of the night Ali “died”?
45. What was the relevance of Melissa’s suitcase handle if that wasn’t a murder weapon?
46. What was the point of Garrett?
47. Who did Noel push down the stairs at that party and why?
48. Who put the blood in Spencer’s bag during her interview at Oxford?
49. Why were Shana and Jenna afraid of Melissa?
50. Who sent Toby the text about his mom?
51. Who drove a car into Emily’s house?
52. Why was Wren seen coloring a picture of a woman in a red coat?
53. Why would Elliot hold such a grudge against Ali if he knew all along Ali didn’t kill CeCe and that she was trying to help her?
54. Also, doesn’t my theory that Elliot is really Wren make more sense since he stole someone’s identity any way?
55. Did Elliot and Wren know each other before meeting Charlotte and Alex?
56. What happened to Marco Fury?
57. What was the significance of the apple farm where Charles supposedly had a connection to Andrew?
58. Who was Leslie Stone? What was her purpose and why did she have multiple pairs of glasses?
59. Who knows about Twincer? Do Peter and Veronica know? Does Melissa know?
60. How did Jenna regain her vision and then lose it again?
61. Why was Spencer shot if Alex didn’t intend to kill her?
62. How did they catch Aria on that New Hampshire traffic cam?
63. What did Melissa whisper to Peter when they were being questioned at the police station?
64. Did we ever find out why Bethany killed Toby’s mom?
65. Who was Varjack?
66. What was with all the literary references?
67. When did Charlotte visit an Amish farm with Archer when she was in Radley? What was the timeline of when she got out of Radley?
68. What happened to the Alison bracelet? Wasn’t Bethany wearing it when she died? Why?
69. Why exactly was Pastor Ted brought back to be Charlotte’s dad? Why didn’t he play a larger role in the earlier seasons?
70. Was the cop in the finale really Mona’s boyfriend in Paris and that’s why she was able to keep them as dolls?
71. Also how was Toby’s mom in the flashback with him and Ali when they were teenagers if she was killed when Charlotte was a kid and Charlotte is older than Toby? PLOT HOLE
72. What does this mean?
73. What was Paige’s role in this?
74. What’s with all the piano playing?
75. How were the Emison twins blue eyed and blonde hair when Emily and Wren are the parents?
76. Will Emison ever know who their baby daddy is?
77. What did the anagram or whatever “Miss Aria you’re a killer and not Ezra’s wife mean”?
78. What happened in Cape May?
79. What happened to Tippi the bird?
80. How did they make a mold of Wilden’s face if Wilden has been dead for a while now?
This show is famous for leaving fans with many unanswered questions so we thought we’d keep a list and update it regularly before the show ends.
1. Who is Uber A/AD?
2. What is their motive?
Alex’s motive was find out who killed her half-sister, Charlotte. Whilst playing the game to find out who killed Charlotte, Alex became jealous of the life Spencer had. She saw how happy Spencer was and how her friends would do anything for her. Her jealousy led to her threats escalating in order to break up the girls.
The threats only made the girls closer, so, Alex came up with a new plan. She decided that because she couldn’t break them up, she could just become Spencer. She slowly started insinuating herself into Spencer’s life (see a list of the scenes where Alex pretended to be Spencer here).
3. Who killed Charlotte?
4. Why was Charlotte killed?
Because Mona saw through Charlotte, she knew that over the five years Charlotte never got better. It was her plan to pretend to get better, get released and start playing the game again. Mona planned on scaring Charlotte so she couldn’t start playing the game again.
But, it was an accident. The two got into a physical fight and Mona threw Charlotte onto a steel pipe which accidentally killed her.
5. Who killed Jessica?
6. Why was Jessica killed?
Because of the lies and the way she treated her twin sister, Mary Drake. Jessica had taken Mary’s child from her, and when Mary pretended to be Jessica and was impregnated by Peter Hastings, Jessica organised for Mary to be sent to Radley Sanitarium, once again.
To top everything off, Mary found out that Jessica lied when she told her that her son Charles had died at age 16, when really Charles transitioned into Charlotte DiLaurentis/Cece Drake.
Peter and Jessica were also secretly working together, setting out on a plan to use Peter’s pills to kill Mary. This plan had backfired, with Mary learning of their plan. She intercepted, giving Jessica the pills which stopped her heart.
7. Who is the “he” the girls are running from in the 610 flash forward?
Archer Dunhill. Emily has a nightmare in 719 that plays out the flash forward scene, in which the “he” they are referring to is Archer who comes back from the dead to come after Ali.
8. Who killed Sara?
Noel Kahn (not stated specifically in the show).
9. Why was Sara killed?
Because she was suspicious of Noel and his motives after being asked to help him go on a “treasure hunt” to help find Charlotte’s money. Noel planned on killing Sara and Jenna at the end of the hunt so he could have all the money to himself, but he killed Sara earlier then planned to help prevent the possibility of her telling everyone about what she knows.
10. Who shot Spencer?
Alex Drake, her twin sister.
11. Why was Noel helping with the dollhouse?
Noel had secrets and Charlotte had used them against Noel as blackmail to help with the dollhouse.
12. What is Sara’s motive for helping Charlotte?
13. What really happened to Sara Harvey the night she “ran away” from home and what is Sara’s overall involvement with Charlotte?
This was never really answered but it is most likely that she just ran away because of the life she was living and the way she treated her friends. She was exactly like Alison DiLaurentis.
Sara and Charlotte meet after she starts playing the A game and Charlotte uses her as a decoy on the night of the Lodge Fire. Sara is also sent to Wilden’s funeral as the Black Widow to ensure that he is dead so he can no longer hurt Ali. Sara and Charlotte share some sort of bond, as Sara described they almost felt like sisters. This was most likely Charlotte using Sara as an Ali replacement.
14. Who killed Garrett Reynolds?
Darren Wilden did. He killed Garrett because he found out about Wilden being a dirty cop and was going to expose him.
15. Who killed Darren Wilden?
Charlotte did. He found out Ali was alive and wasn’t going to let her come home to tell her story. Charlotte killed him so that Ali could come home.
16. What is Wren Kingston's involvement?
He and Charlotte were friends whilst she was a patient in Radley. He was also in charge of helping Charlotte and Mona get in and out of Radley while they were playing the A game.
Wren also helped his girlfriend, Alex Drake, meet with her long lost sister Charlotte in London. The three all become close friends along with Archer.
17. Why was Wren colouring in a Red Coat?
18. Why did Wren give Cece a visitors pass to visit Mona in Radley when she was already a patient?
This was some sort of cover up in case the girls came close to figuring out that Cece Drake was actually a Radley patient by the name of Charlotte DiLaurentis.
19. Is Wren really a Doctor?
20. How many children does Mary Drake have?
Two: Spencer Hastings and Charlotte DiLaurentis.
21. Who is Spencer’s biological father?
Spencer’s biological father is Peter Hastings, who slept with Mary Drake thinking that she was her twin sister, Jessica DiLaurentis.
22. Who is Charlotte’s biological father?
Pastor Ted Wilson.
23. Why was Mary Drake in Radley?
Mary was admitted into Radley on several occasions throughout her life. The first time was because she switched places with her sister to help babysit Teddy Carver, and when his parents arrived home, they found Teddy dead. Jessica was most likely responsible for this, but Mary was babysitting and was given the punishment of being sent to Radley.
The second time was due to Mary pretending to be Jessica so that she could get with Peter Hastings. After this, Jessica signs the papers for Mary’s readmission into Radley Sanitarium.
24. Why did Jenna and Sara work together?
They were working together to find Charlotte’s killer, and according to Jenna they were working with Noel to find money that Charlotte had left for them.
25. Why was Rollins making Ali fall for him even before Charlotte was killed?
He needed to win her over so that she would believe his treatment was helping Charlotte get better, which would ultimately lead to her release from Welby. Charlotte even said herself, “Archie needs to win her trust. Convince her that I’m doing better.” “Alison is the only chance I have of getting out of here.”
26. When and how did Charlotte and Archer Dunhill (Rollins) meet?
They met on a flight to Paris (after Ali had given her the Vivian Darkbloom passport to leave the country as she was about to go down for murder).
27. Are Uber A and Amoji the same person?
Yes. They were both Alex Drake.
28. Are Toby and Yvonne really dead?
Toby survived but Yvonne sadly didn’t.
29. How was Eddie Lamb connected to the plot and what happened to him?
He was a good nurse at Radley who’s main role was to warn Spencer that Wren was doing some shady activity with Visitors Passes and was helping inmates escape Radley when they wanted to.
30. What is Bethany Young’s entire involvement in the overall storyline?
31. How did no one know about Mary Drake?
“Many families have secrets. Sometimes those secrets are actual people.”
She spent a lot of time in Radley Sanitarium and possibly impersonating her sister, Jessica DiLaurentis.
32. Mary Drake said she got a call from Rollins after Charlotte was killed which made her come back to avenge her daughter. Why did she lie, as we know she landed in Philly a week before Charlotte was killed?
33. Who is Beach Hottie?
Detective Darren Wilden.
34. Who gave Ali the bloody lip in Veronica Hasting’s flashback?
This wasn’t answered in the show but rather in an interview with Marlene on an ET Live chat. She said it was someone from the older group of college kids Ali was hanging around with.
35. Was Charlotte really in charge or was their someone higher calling all the shots?
Charlotte was in charge of the A game the entire time.
36. Why did Jessica have a lair devoted to finding out if Ali was alive when she was the one who buried her that night?
We think we may have solved this one ourselves! We posted here about Charlotte finding out Ali was alive in 3x24 and then telling Jessica about it in order to redeem herself. Jessica then returned to Rosewood in 4x01 and set up a secret lair at Aunt Carol’s to try and track Ali to bring her home. She even got Ali’s bedroom set up for her ready for her return!
37. Why was Aria’s file taken from Jessica’s lair?
To blackmail Aria to turn on her friends and join the A team.
38. What was in Aria’s folder?
A report that she had written about Ezra, in which she basically called him out on being a sexual predator and taking advantage of a 16 year old high school student.
39. What did Maya know? (Miss Aria You’re A Killer Not Ezra’s Wife)
Maya knew that her stalker from True North; Lyndon James, was in Rosewood.
40. Who hit Ali that night?
Charlotte, thinking she was Bethany.
41. Who killed Bethany?
Mona Vanderwaal hit Bethany thinking she was Ali and left her there. Melissa Hastings then found Bethany’s body, and thinking that Spencer had hit her with the shovel, she buried Bethany in order to “protect” her sister.
The autopsy had shown that Bethany’s cause of death was from suffocation due to dirt being found in her lungs.
42. Why was Mrs. D taking Bethany to the horse stables, and why did she give her a pony (Custard)?
Because she was having an affair with Bethany’s father, so by giving her things, she thought this would hide the affair.
43. Why did Eddie Lamb recognise Aria when he saw her at Radley?
Because he had seen her visiting Spencer when she was in Radley in S3.
44. Who was the mysterious fourth person who showed up at Jenna, Mona and Sydney’s meeting in 5x05?
Most likely Lucas, as they were all meeting up to plan the distraction on the other girls so Mona could get to Ali at the church. (Jenna distracted Aria, Sydney distracted Emily and Lucas distracted Hanna that night).
It could have also been Melissa, as she could have been the person who distracted Spencer.
45. Who pulled the girls out of the Thornhill Lodge Fire?
46. Who saved Hanna from the fire?
47. Who were the Queen of Hearts?
Melissa and Darren Wilden.
48. Why was Jessica in Spencer’s room in 4x22?
That was actually Mary Drake. She wanted to see her daughter.
49. Why did Bethany push Marion?
Because she had intermittent explosive disorder. This caused her to have aggressive outbursts. During one of these impulsive episodes Bethany pushed Marion off the roof.
50. Who was was the girl Melissa was talking to wearing the yellow top? Was this real or Jason’s imagination?
This was most likely Jason’s imagination, as he was on drugs that night.
51. Why did Mona look “dead” in the trunk at the end of 5x12?
Charlotte injected her with a “freezing serum” that made her appear dead.
52. What is the relevance of the “ghost girl” who appeared in 3x13?
We believe she was a representation of Mary Drake (read our post here)
53. How did Alison’s friendship bracelet end up on Bethany?
Charlotte had the exact same clothing and accessories as Alison. Bethany stole Charlotte’s clothing the night she escaped and must have taken liking to the friendship bracelet so she decided to wear it as well.
54. Who did Aria stab on the Halloween Train?
Jason DiLaurentis (who was being blackmailed to push the crate of the train).
55. Who was the Queen of Hearts on the Halloween Train?
Melissa Hastings and Darren Wilden.
56. What is the significance of September 7th? (the password to Charlotte’s lair at Carrisimi).
It is the day that Alison (Charlotte’s cousin) went missing.
57. Marlene said we had seen the twin (Mary Drake) once before. When was this?
We had seen Mary in 4x22; after Spencer had returned from rehab, Mary snuck into the Hastings house dressed as Jessica to catch a glimpse of her daughter.
58. Who turned Cece into the police at the end of 4x23?
59. Who is Arcturus and the little “Hero” boy in Lucas’ and Charles comic book?
Arcturus is Charles and the little boy is Lucas.
60. Who is the undisclosed buyer of Toby’s house?
61. Who kidnapped and tortured Hanna?
Alex Drake, who was trying to find out if Hanna really knew who killed her sister.
62. Who is the father of Ali and Emily’s baby?
63. Who is Board Shorts?
64. Why was Ali’s car at the Church the night Charlotte was killed?
I don’t think they’ll answer this in the show so I’m going to attempt to answer it. Charlotte ran off from the DiLaurentis house and probably stole Ali’s car and drove to the church to meet Mona. Ali probably borrowed Rollins car to go after Charlotte and when the two fought and Ali didn’t succeed at bringing Charlotte back home, she probably just returned home in Rollins car, leaving her car with Charlotte at the church.
65. What is Mona’s motive for being Original A?
After Aria returned from Iceland, she saw the possibility of the four girls reuniting and becoming a group again, which meant her only friend Hanna would leave her for her old friends. Mona used the girls secrets to try and turn the girls against each other. This backfired, only making the girls closer.
66. Does Spencer have a twin?
Yes, Alex Drake.
67. What is Melissa’s overall involvement?
She has been protecting her sister since day one.
68. Did Charlotte truly get better?
Charlotte never truly got better. She pretended to get better over the five years with the help of Archer Dunhill at Welby. Her ultimate endgame was to be released and start up the game again.
69. How are Sydney and Jenna involved with Uber A?
70. How does all the Patsy Cline songs tie into the mystery?
Charlotte grew up taking a liking to vintage things, Patsy Cline most likely being one of them. She also gave her sister, Alex, a Patsy record as her going away gift, something to remember her by because it was her favourite.
We’ll continue to add to this list as we can think of questions to add, and as the show goes on. We’ll also add the answers to these questions once they are revealed.