If you know film and/or photography, you probably know the name Muybridge, the man who effectively invented cinema by taking photos in rapid succession of a horse galloping in order to settle a bet. And then went on to film endless movement sequences, mostly walk cycles, of various animals and human subjects (to the enternal gratitude of animators everywhere).
Apparently this is what happened when he got to cats.
I know its, well, “fancy” to eat raw oysters, but coming from a waterman community with a staple that includes oysters: DON’T.
Actually, don’t eat any shellfish raw. In a way, I’m not surprised that this isn’t common knowledge. After all, most people don’t live on the water, don’t see how oysters are brought up (tonging or dredging–the river I grew up on, dredging is banned due to conservation purposes), and people don’t see the type of infections folk get while working–a small scrape can mean losing a leg to bacteria.
Oysters most notably are likely to contain Vibrio, a type of bacteria. This isn’t about a rotten / fresh thing. Eat a raw oyster off a boat and you could contract it. The reason for this is that oysters are cleaning systems.
This is why they’re so important to the health of an ecosystem (such as the Chesapeake Bay, where I’m from). This also means that they can easily house viruses and bacteria. The way to prevent this is to cook them. You can’t prepare yourself for Vibrio. You can’t tell which oyster does or does not contain it. The sole defense is to cook it.
And to be honest? Raw is a shitty way to eat them, no matter what. You’re not really supposed to chew raw oysters, only quickly swallow. (And having done it before, out of brave, stupid curiosity, I can see why: its gross, unappetizing, and disappointing.) Cook them, like everyone who tongs them up does. Fry or put them in a stew (boil them first). Or broil or bake them. Please don’t relegate these wonderful bivalves to being gross snot you swallow quickly… They deserve so much better.
Further: Seafood safety is a little more complicated than one may think (if you’re not used to seafood). Never eat fish that have been previously scarred or wounded (re: if you’re purchasing whole fish and it has wounds, DON’T eat it), and always consider the smell—some fish have a smell (different fishes, especially depending on fat content, have distinct smells), but: learn the smell of rotten fish. Always inspect fish at the market before purchasing. Cause, heck yea, some of the fish I’ve seen for sale at markets is sketchy as shit and I wouldn’t dang well touch it.
Injuries on whole (or cut fish; if you get a piece in a bag–I often buy bags of tilapia or salmon with skin) to avoid:
1) Cuts. These can be small; don’t eat them. You have no idea when the fish was injured–alive, in its habitat (wild or farm), on the boat, afterwards. It can breed bacteria.
2) Missing eyes. Unless you accidentally popped it out yourself (I have done this), don’t eat it. Again: You have no idea when this happened and therefore if its bred bacteria.
3) Some of the fish I work around is very small–such as herring. Sometimes, there are pieces of them that have snapped off (like a tail or head or in half) during some process I wasn’t part of. Don’t eat it. (If you did it yourself, well, whoops.) Same if the skin has been scrapped away. Sometimes there are small punctures.
Golden rule: If you didn’t do the damage, don’t eat it.
you deserve someone who sees the light fall on your cheeks and notices the way your eyelashes break it up into little shadows; you deserve someone who wants nothing more than to take photos of your eyes when there’s a sunset behind them; you deserve someone who will spend hours with you and still wants to be with you longer
you deserve someone whose love is as beautiful as your soul
when i told alex i was an artist of his on the comic i was literally fucking shaking, and hearing him tell me in person how much he loves my art is.. insane. this was the very first time ive ever met alex in person, im still feelin all giddy about how it went ;o;
“Let’s just make a quick drawing to cheer ourselves up”
*Me, three hours later* “Fuck.”
Yesterday I was looking at the FMA artbooks by Arakawa (I desperately want to buy the 3rd one but the shipping is so expensive to Chile T_T ) and there’s one photo with Riza and a huge smile? I was like “Bless this picture forever” like, we don’t get to see her smiling that much, most of the time she’s serious.
Also, I thought that maybe Hughes was carrying around a camera to take photos and he was the one who took some of them. (It’s very plausible, I mean, look at all the photos he has of Elycia)
• He’s afraid of bees
• He facetimes with his family and asks them to show him Soonshim [his dog]
• He likes big lions
• He also likes big dogs
• He tagged his photo with #DoubleEyeLidLineCaught because it kept appearing in his pictures
• He takes pictures of his parents when they’re happy.
• He went “On a date” with his parents
• He let the members who didn’t have funny photos of him quickly take funny photos so that they could upload them on his birthday
• “Oppa is superman”
• He calls his fans “Our lovelies” “Lovelies” “My lovelies” and occasionally “My pretties”
• If you put Tangerine and V together it’s Bbyoul!
• He wanted a love like Titanic
• He asked his mom how his fashion was
• He puts ramen packets on his McDonald’s
• Bighit said his weakness is Trot and that he gets increasingly excited
• He took a picture of the members and then drew leashes on all of them
• He played crossy roads and tried to get a score of 601 for his fans but could only get to 456
• He threatened to draw nipples on Jimin’s hiphop monster
• He called himself “The captain of 95z”
• He called Jungkook and J-hope his daughters
• His black T-shirt, the one he cut a hole strait down the back was requested by a fan, he replied with “Chosen”
• He cuddles things when he’s sleeping
• He’s always trying to improve his English
• He watches Anime
• TaeTae Magazine
• He said that fast food makes him happy
• He talks and kicks in his sleep
• His stage name could have been Six or Lex but he chose V for victory
• He cried watching Miracles in Cell No. 7
• He got spit at by a Simpanse monkey at the zoo when he was little and that’s why he went back to the zoo asking the monkey’s “was it you” on his one tweet.
• He wants to name his kids Taekwon and Taeguk
• He doesn’t like wearing shoes
• He read his first fan mail over and over and over
I could go on forever, all in all my sunshine is the cutest. ♡
My first PAX West has been fun so far! Thanks @therealjacksepticeye for not only being a total sweetheart, but also making the signing experience special for each individual person. You really put in the effort to talk and get to know each and every one of us, and I greatly appreciate that. Also, major shout out to @pixlpit for being super friendly and taking photos with everyone who asked (p.s, you need to get yourself a pop socket already).