team australians who hate donald trump
Squad. Gang. Team. Got the shivers and the shudders and the shakes after the election of President Toupee? My Aussie mates, it’s time we channelled that fear and frustration into something at home.
Peter Dutton, Human Brussel Sprout and Minister for Immigration, floated a plan that would leave asylum seekers banned from ever entering Australia. Dutton’s idea is that this will be backdated to people who had tried entering from July 2013. This is a massive dickhead move, and despite Labor and the Greens voting against it, the bill has passed through the Lower House and into the Senate.
That is fucked. We’re going to email all the crossbench Senators who may oppose this bill, and so hold the balance of power, and let them know that this is not on.
So what we’re going to do is email all these people a nice little note letting them know that this law is appalling and unaustralian. Only email the Senators for your state, because in theory you’ll be voting for them again in three or six years.
This bill cannot pass. It flouts international law and common decency. Let’s do this.
NEW SOUTH WALES
- Senator David Leyonhjelm (Liberal Democrats) -email@example.com + (02) 6277 3054
- Senator Derryn Hinch (Derryn Hinch’s Justice Party) - firstname.lastname@example.org + (03) 9820 2222
- You guys need to consider some minor parties.
- Senator Stirling Griff (Nick Xenophon Team) -
Senator.Griff@aph.gov.au + (08) 8212 1409
- Senator Skye Kakoschke-Moore (Nick Xenophon Team) -
Senator.Kakoschke-Moore@aph.gov.au + (08) 8232 0220
- Senator Nick Xenophon (Nick Xenophon Team) -
email@example.com + (08) 8232 1144
- Senator Jacqui Lambie (Jacqui Lambie Network) -
firstname.lastname@example.org + (03) 6431 2233
- Senator the Honourable Nigel Scullion (Country Liberal Party) -
email@example.com + (08) 8948 3555
- You guys really don’t like minor parties, do you. Hope you’re feeling better, Scotty Ludlam.
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
- Oh yeah you only have two senators suck it.
A sample message you can send -
Dear [SENATOR’S NAME],
My name is [YOUR NAME] and I live in [YOUR TOWN] in [YOUR STATE]. Recently I heard that Peter Dutton’s proposal to ban asylum seekers from ever settling or visiting Australia passed the Lower House.
The contents of this bill appall me and many of my friends and family. I feel it is a horrifying, unaustralian idea. If you support this bill you can be sure you will never receive my support as a voter ever again.
Please do not vote in favour of permanently banning asylum seekers from ever settling in Australia.
Keep it short, sharp and simple. Write your own email if that’s easier for you - the more voices they hear, the better. Go on and do some good in the world. It takes five minutes to send an email - I sent one last week to the Labor MP Shane Neumann, the Shadow Minister for Immigration, who replied and confirmed that Labor would not be supporting the bill. Send an email now. Call them on Monday morning.
It’s that easy.