Hi! I’ve been lurking in your blog since Rogue One destroyed my life last year. 6 months later, I’m still in this hell hole (I’m not complaining) and partly thanks you and your quality blog and also the talented fic writers and fanartists.
I recently finished Rebel Rising, and honestly, i liked it! I loved every moment of Jyn and all of Jyn’s thoughts. It’s an read easy read. Can I share with you some of my favorite moments? (I’m sorry, this is just a jumble of thoughts, mostly about Jyn Erso, who i like a normal amount)
- Being on the run and in hiding, Jyn sometimes tries to help the people around her in clever and wonderful ways (there is one incident in particular i want to cite, but i don’t want to spoil you).
- I get the impression that Jyn’s really smart, when she’s in a pinch, she can think very logically, she gets this from Galen, and she’s aware of this
- She wants to be brave like her mother. She thinks very highly of Lyra and while in Wobani, that crystal was the only thing keeping her from giving up and just taking her own life. Just like many of the prisoners.
- She considers herself Saw’s daughter, even called herself “Jyn Gerrera” at some point and Saw openly calls her his daughter. Which makes Jyn’s “come with us!” to Saw in the movie hurt 1000000% more painful. Because even after all these years, after being betrayed by him and convincing herself she hates Saw, deep down, she still loves him. Jyn’s as much Galen and Lyra’s daughter as she is Saw’s. I think even the Rogue one novel acknowledges this also
- This entire paragraph made me laugh out loud:
That night, Jyn started cooking. “This slop is disgusting, ” she said. “I don’t know much, but I can do better than this. For starters, let me introduce you to salt.”
Captain laughed, pleased with the variety, and the boys in general eased up around Jyn.
- Jyn’s knows how to cook! and She’s hella sassy as well!
Sorry for dumping this on you. I hope you get to read Rebel Rising. It’s a wonderful book, it’s not perfect, but it’s basically a look into Jyn’s mind, so I loved it since I love Jyn Erso :D
21. if you could switch any character’s gender, who would it be and why?
(btw, notbecauseofvictories has a really, really good piece on girl!Finn that turned into “literally everyone alive in TFA is a lady and it’s better than anything you’d dream of”, but I can’t find it rn because my google-fu is weak when I’m drinking. help.)
Han Solo. I maintain that we need a Garbage Queen movement in the same manner as we have with our male faves. Hanna who is terrible, deeply terrible, cynical and awkward and harsh. Clever and bitey and horribly insecure. The best non-Force-assisted pilot you’ll ever meet, who likes her ship much better than people. Scared and running from anything her heart wants more than the stars.
Also, yeah, I really want to see a tall girl in a ponytail bending down to kiss tiny Leia tenderly, and reacting in aroused surprise when the Princess kisses back, hard and with teeth.
Something important had been stolen or shattered from my heart long time ago. My memory couldn’t remain thoroughly when, my mind is still so hazy, leaving me completely empty, without any past. Even though I’m lacking with something inside, I still could feel the serene warmth of the home in intense embrace of your arms around my fleeting soul.
My home always seems abandoned like someone who was living there just had run away a while ago with it’s half-drinked cups of morning tea, knives covered with butter left all over the table, flithy crockery in the sink and blissful silence inviting to hide under the blanket and let yourself to be the one with sorrounding tranquility, becoming forsaken a bit.