- The National Lawyers Guild are preparing to offer free legal assistance for Inauguration Day protesters.
- In a statement, the NLG revealed that they will organize a “mass defense infrastructure” for Inauguration Day and the Women’s March.
- This infrastructure will be made up of:
- Legal observers who will observe and document events that take place during the protest.
- A jail support team who will track arrests and support people as they’re released.
- And Washington, D.C.-barred lawyers, who will support arrestees and make jail visits.
- “Tens of thousands of people are answering the call to resist the incoming administration at inaugural protests next weekend,” Maggie Ellinger-Locke, D.C. NLG Mass Defense Chair, said in the statement. “
- As always, the NLG is mobilizing its dedicated team of radical lawyers, legal workers and law students to provide the critical legal support infrastructure needed for such large-scale demonstrations.” Read more
i'm an adult and 4'11 i'm jealous of all of you who made it legal for children to be so tall