I'm writing a story about a girl who is actually a ghost but doesn't know it. She just thinks her family is ignoring her. She meets a Medium boy. He sees her and they become friends. They fall in love. At the end of the story, the girl accepts that she's a ghost and.... moves on in words. Gets where she's going. Can you help with how they met?
Wow! This sounds amazing, I’m sort of unsure of what you mean when you say ‘medium boy’, but I’m sure I can work with this!
So, ideas as to how the ghost-girl and mortal (?) boy meet? Now, I don’t know anything of your characters, so I’ve compiled a list of vague ideas:
- Hear me out, maybe ghost-girl sees him doing something stupid, then continues following him around all day, giggling, expecting him to not see her, or for him to hear the snide comments she’s making. He pretends to ignore her until one day she says something really flirty, he rolls his eyes and looks at her, deadpan ‘I know, I have a good ass, get over it.’ She totally flips out because ‘all this time he could hear me???’ (Sorry, this just popped into my head and I wanted to put it in!)
- Her messing up an exam he’s in, because ‘no one can see me’ and not realising he can see her. After that he looks for her.
- She saves him in a car accident, no one understands why he survives and he thought ‘the girl’ was a figment of his imagination, but she keeps appearing at random intervals and he’s starting to think his medication is too high.
- The ghost-girl, decides to visit the hospital to see if she was ever brought there before she’d died. She’s checking the register, when a flurry of white coats and scrubs bustle past, a boy sprawled across a bed, bleeding out. She decided that she wanted to be there if he was to die, that way she could welcome him into his new life/death. She made her way to the surgery room, following closely and squinting at his features, she couldn’t tell whether she wanted him to survive or not.
- He saw her sitting on a wall close to the Thames, crying. He didn’t understand why no one else wasn’t noticing it and left his friends to go and sit with her. She didn’t understand why he could see her, but she was happy all the same.
I don’t know your characters, so this might not be how they act at all, just message me for more prompts on it and we can chat it through if this isn’t right! I’d love to read it, good luck on all the writing. Lots of love from Yasmine xox