Vetra: Our father didn’t die. Or maybe he did, we don’t really know. He just didn’t come home. He was involved in some bad things. Bad people. And eventually it caught up to him. There was no where to run. Not like a whole new galaxy.
I can’t help but think there’s a hell of a story behind this vague admission from Vetra Nyx.
By her own acknowledgement, her dad got up to bad things with bad people, and so did she. Maybe she caught herself making his mistakes, the ones that might be the end of her just like it was the end of him. Once she was embedded in the life, maybe she started to see the warning signs in her own life that he missed, or ignored, or both - and she gets scared.
But what exactly happened? What were her bad decisions? Does she have people after her for her bad decisions? She was dealing with people bad enough that when she figured out that Kesh was supplying something big in a new galaxy, far away from her bad decisions, she saw the opportunity to cut and run.
Some folks like Suvi, Gil, and Liam are here for the adventure, but Vetra tells us several times, in several different ways how she sees Andromeda as a way to start over.
The concept stands in stark contrast to her “you play the hand you’re dealt” motto. Does she delineate between the hand she’s been dealt and the cards she pulled from the deck? Taking care of Sid was the hand she was dealt, but not the smuggling or the people she chose to work with.
Does she ever tell Ryder about what happened, you think? About the bad people and the bad decisions? Maybe it’s something that she unloads one night as Ryder and she stay up late, sharing more and more personal stories, feeling out the depths of their trust in one another. A story not told for sympathy or advice, a story just shared, a history entrusted.
Vetra Nyx - what did you get up to out there in the Milky Way?
I know everyone remembers Alix as the reckless angry one who’s always ready to fight, and she is, but like… she’s also, in canon, really dorky and sweet?? Like how excited she is to get the pocket watch as her birthday present after seeing how cool it is, and reassuring her dad that she’s not gonna ditch him, and waving at Marinette’s parents, and just… look at this sweet happy child
And at the end of the episode when she thanks Ladybug for fixing her watch and says she’ll take better care of it next time and will try not to be irresponsible, it’s so Pure and Humble, she’s just such a Good
And Christmas episode??? Where she’s so happy to get sweets??? And happy to see Adrien’s okay??? And just generally so adorable and happy??? I’m love this child so much???
AND THE FREAKING PILLOW FIGHT IN PIXELATOR, WHICH SHE LOSES
In conclusion: Alix is an adorable precious bean in addition to being a terrifying little monster, this has been a PSA
i forgot how much people really don’t care about the fact that mcu whitewashed the maximoff twins and made them nazis, whitewashed the ancient one, didn’t include one of the founding members of the avengers who was the only actual woman on the team and killed her in less than ten minutes, makes clint not deaf for no reason, i couLD Go on
1. She’s an artist 2. She studied painting in Italy 3. She said she wanted to restore frescoes (the Sistine chapel is a fresco painting) 4. She can play cello, piano, and guitar 5. She loves cats, especially her son/personal cat Nino 6. She’s intelligent 7. She went to Columbia
8. She’s been watching SNL ever since she was 12 9. Now she’s on SNL! 10. She loves theatre 11. She works hard (SNL’s schedule is crazy) 12. She’s beautiful 13. She is hilarious 14. She can do many spot-on impressions 15. She can only do a good impression if she truly admires the person she is impersonating 16. She can imitate many accents 17. She gets star-strucked 18. She is humble 19. She avoids social media 21. She is strong 22. She gets ideas by celebrating things that about herself that can be objectionable 23. She once cried in a Starbucks bathroom and then went to a Hooters 24. She’s an amazing dancer 25. She has a lovely voice and can sing 26. Her lovely tribute to Hillary Clinton and Leonard Cohen 27. She accepted her American Comedy Award by pretending to sob and screamed, “OH MY GOD!” 28. She actually cried when she accepted her Emmy Award 29. She doesn’t really remember her Emmy acceptance speech 30. She had no idea where her Emmy was for a while (hope she got it back) 31. She actually hates having her hair down 32. She was an umpire even though she didn’t know the rules of softball 33. She’s a ghostbuster! 34. She loves The X-Files 35. Her “chilling” ghost story 36. She thinks leg hair is underrated 37. She’s willing to work for a burger
38. She helped write Do It On My Twin Bed
39. She feels uncomfortable seriously kissing people on screen
40. But she will lick any part of your face
41. She’s energetic
42. She’s a glorious weirdo 43. She chose to say brassiere instead of bra
44. Her reaction to sneezing
45. Her ability to make her fellow cast members break character
46. She is honest about who she is
47. She loves Orange Is The New Black
48. Her facial expressions
49. She loves science
50. And finally, she is openly lesbian and has helped me feel more confident about my sexuality and confident enough to come out of the closet
There are many reasons to love Kate, but some of us love her for being openly lesbian and I honestly think that is okay. No need to hate.
OK FOR REAL HERE NOBODY’S TALKING ABOUT THAT LAST MOMENT WITH RAVEN
LIKE SHE’S SITTING ON THE STEPS COMPLETELY ALONE PROBABLY THINKING EVERYONE LEFT HER BEHIND TO SAVE THEMSELVES IN THE BUNKER WHILE SHE’S STUCK BY HERSELF
EVEN AFTER SHE CHOSE TO LIVE SHE’S STILL STUCK WITH NO ESCAPE, NO FRIENDS TO SUPPORT HER
AND THEN SHE HEARS THE DOOR OPEN
AND ONE BY ONE
EACH PERSON LINES UP
HOW MANY ARE THERE? SEVEN?
THIS WAS A MISSION ACCOMPLISHABLE FOR ONE TO TWO PEOPLE
JUST A FEW HOURS AGO SHE WAS READY TO DIE. BUT SEEING ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT LOVE HER… LOVE HER ENOUGH TO LEAVE THE SAFETY OF THE BUNKER THAT GUARANTEED THEIR SURVIVAL AND CROSS DANGEROUS TERRITORY… JUST TO SAVE HER….
AND BLESS HER HEART SHE’S SO SHOCKED THAT ANYONE ACTUALLY LISTENED TO HER CALL FOR HELP
“what are you doing here?”
“we won’t leave you behind”
AND THAT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WAS THE MOMENT MY HEART PHYSICALLY SWELLED WITH TEARS
CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT THO? ONE SECOND YOU’RE COMPLETELY ISOLATED AND THE NEXT EVERYONE WHO LOVES YOU COMES TO RESCUE YOU?
DO YOU EVER JUST? CRY? BECAUSE RAVEN REYES IS FINALLY FEELING THE LOVE SHE DESERVES?/????//