WRITING YOUR OWN SPELLS
Writing your own spell can seem intimidating and complicated but following these steps will help you to create spells that can be just as effective as ones you learn from books or other witches.
- Boil down the purpose of the spell to a word or short phrase.
- Find the ingredients suited to that goal like crystals, herbs, candles and incense (fin suitable ones with correspondence lists and resource books)
- Consider the best possible timing for the spell (moon phase ect)
- Decide if you want a verbal component (incantation). If so, write it in a manner that includes your components and goal.
- Bless all the items you will be working with (ridding them of any unwanted energies)
- Consider any actions that might help support the magick and where best to place them in the spell process (eg, lighting a candle at the outset to illustrate your intention)
- Focus your will and begin the spell, building energy.
- Guide the energy as far as you can mentally, the release it and trust the in the outcome
- Keep a journal of you successes and failures for future references and improvements