Alright friends, it’s headcanon time again! This time going right for the feels.
This will go in the “Headcanon” category. If you want to take this idea and expand upon it, please do! Tag me so I can see what you create! And HERE are my other headcanons!
- When all’s said and done, Zarkon is defeated and the universe is saved, the paladins would return home.
- And there are questions. ESPECIALLY from the World Space Government (which I’m sure there must be?). We see in Episode 1 that humans haven’t discovered alien life yet, and they just brought back two sentient, very intelligent, human-like creatures with super advanced technology. Not to mention a successful human-galra hybrid (seemingly) without huge biological problems.
- (And aliens have a concept of a mall? And what on Earth is ‘Quintessence’? It’s a castle and a ship?)
- So there is a long period of time before Team Voltron is actually free to do what they want. And once they’re free, the questions start to come from within the group.
- What’s going to happen with Coran and Allura? Where are they going to go? If anywhere? There’s no Altea to return to. Is Allura still considered the princess if she only rules over one person, who’s her caretaker? What if the universe needs Voltron again?
- What about Keith’s relationship with the Blade of Marmora? Would he go back to be a part of them? Would he pursue his mother?
- Now that the Holts are back, will they complete the Kerberos Mission? Would Shiro dare go back there, considering what a traumatic experience that was? Would Pidge join them?
- Could Lance and Hunk go back to the Garrison to actually get pilot’s licenses? Even though they’re pro lion pilots? Where does being a paladin rank in the military? What about their families? How would they explain any of this?
- No one really wants to think about any of that. So in the meantime, the paladins decide they should show the Alteans Earth, both in terms of natural wonders and the culture of humans. They take turns deciding where to go and make a long road trip out of it.