Hi. Do you have any prompts or ideas for a story set in an Ancient civilization? Such as ancient Egypt, Rome, Greece etc. Thank you so much.
Hello :) I have quite a few Greek mythology prompts, so just look up that tag if you’re interested.
Here are some of my ideas:
• Rival gladiators decide to escape together rather than kill each other.
• The character is the chief protector of a pharoah no one likes.
• A double timeline: one from the POV of an archeologist discovering a really weird old thing, the other from the POV of an ancient citizen when the old thing was used
• The character is enslaved after an enemy village conquers their village. They planned to quietly follow orders, assimilate, and rise up in the ranks until they are powerful enough to take revenge. Then, they find out what their home people did to cause the attack.
• The bastard child of an emperor attempts to prove that they are the best heir to the throne.
• As an architect to a very important temple, you decide to construct a secret entrance. Once the ruler is buried, you plan to sneak in and steal valuables. You’ve never believed in the gods, so you know there won’t be any type of wrath you’ll have to face. Until you enter the temple and see…
• An empress marries various rulers of different nations, solidifies her power over them, then kills her husbands to become the sole leader. Her next victim is a queen, and the queen does not fall in love easily.
• A character is miraculously immune to the Black Death. They use this to their advantage to gain a cult like following.
• The Mongols conquer Christian lands. A young Christian girl is fascinated by the power Mongol women have in their socieity. She convinces a female Mongol warrior to train her in their ways.
• You are a merchant traveling the sand roads. After escaping bandits and losing your path, you see an oasis. You think it’s just a mirage until you reach it. Despite being very real, something is not right about the place.