How do you get out of a writer's block funk?
Oh god, I’m literally in one right now. I’ll let you know when I get out, lmao.
Okay, things that help me:
- Clean room
- Clean desk
- Putting on an entire album. It’s cohesive and you also don’t have to worry about changing the song because shuffle came up with something you hate. My writing albums are as follows:
- Red by Taylor Swift
- Once (the original broadway cast– trust me, this one works wonders.)
- The Lonely Hour by Sam Smith
- Mad Love by JoJo
- 1989 by Taylor Swift
- Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande
- Mutual Friends by Boy
- 25 by Adele
- Reading fanfiction. (Seriously, this works.)
- Talking over the storyline with a friend so that their excitement gets you excited (and then you have a cheerleader)
- Having a drink (usually tea or coffee)
- Idk why, but this always works for me– I’m always more productive when I have coffee or tea, I think it’s this psychological “Okay. Now you’re ready to work.”
- Writing a drabble to clear through the blockage mucus that comes with stressing about writing a long thing
Hope this helps!