Daily Tip 10: Accountability
I rarely do meeting if any. That’s actually the secret to my productivity and focus.
However, I had a friend yesterday who needed to ask me about something and he happens to be someone who was instrumental to the early stages of my stuff. So I said yes.
And we met up at a mall and he treated me to food (even though it’s usually the other way around when I force/make people come to me).
So some of the stuff we talked about, related to today’s post is accountability.
Funny enough the other day, another person was asking me if I wanted to join this accountablity 100 days program.
Those things annoy me. I’m the least person who needs accountability and it just pisses me off when I have to surround myself with others who need that extra pushing. It rubs off on you.
If something matters to you, so much to the point, that it pains you not to see it done, then you will do it. So when you need accountablity, that’s a sign that what you’re doing is not actually aligned with your passion/feelings/ or real goals.
Anyways, the point of this post. Instead of seeking motivation or accountability elsewhere, let it come from within. Let what you want to do, have to do, be so painful/exciting to the point that you just do it. That it just fires you up or hurts you so much when you dont’ get it that. Accountability should not come from others.
Your thoughts? Love to hear.
Also, some things I will be aiming for this year:
1. Be more productive with less effort. So better management and systems.
2. Have more routine and structure. It’s hard for me to follow a routine or structure because there are times where I really want to try something new (like a new strategy or method and I start falling off the regular /planned routine). But routines are good if you want to be more efficient. Routines also help with point 1. The more times you do the same thing, the more prodictable your days are, the better you can plan ahead.
3. Remove even more meetings/distractions. I’m not kidding. The reason most people don’t get things done is cause of this and frankly, it has been starting to happen to me the last few days. I started chatting more.
4. Maybe start working out. Not for the sake of being healthy cause I am still young and I don’t really run into health problems at the moment, but working hard to get that adrenaline rush when you are too tired to think/work. So work out to be more efficient. Kinda like coffee..
5. Be more true to self. At heart, I am actually a narcissist. I don’t care about a lot of things or people. And there are times, where I worry about others,but I think everyone has their own lives. Everyone can deal with things themselves. And it’s best that I just focus on my own and do as much as I can, cause the bigger picture is if you truly want to be there for others, you have to be able to help yourself first. You need to have the resources, time, maturity.. to really effectively be there for others (whether it’s financial needs they need from you, or guidance of some sort where you can instantly make a referral for them as your network/prowess grows).
#half thoughts #rants #half real feeilngs/words