Time sensitive~ Shelby, I'm scared, I don't know why.. But I feel like I can't do anything, I'm only 16, but I haven't learned how to drive yet, I'm not in college yet, I don't know how I'm gonna survive in the world.. Please, do you have any advice?
Let me share something with you, I am 18 years old and I do not have my licensee and I’m nowhere near getting it. I understand your concerns and quite honestly, they’re so valid because I can relate to them. But you know what? Everyone learns and grows at difference paces in their life. Need some examples?
- I didn’t learn how to tie my shoes (on my own) until about 2nd grade (back then I lived in my Velcro shoes)
- I didn’t have my first kiss until I was 13 (and the guy doesn’t even matter to me anymore.)
- I didn’t get my first cell phone until I was 14 and it was my mom’s old flip phone.
Those are 3 very good examples of myself for example learning and growing and living life at a different pace than others and guess what? Its totally okay to be doing things at your own pace. You simply have to keep moving forward.
I’ve got some links for you to check out-
- Succeed At Your Own Pace
- Enjoying Life in the Slow Lane - Becoming Minimalist
It’s Really Okay to Go at Your Own Pace - Huffington Post
- Go At Your Own Pace - Odyssey
Setting your own pace - The Pastry Box Project
Life has its way of making things turn out okay in the end, everyday is a new chance for YOU to make a choice on what you want to do and say.
My advice to you? Enjoy your ride with life as much as you can, don’t let anyone or anything stand between what YOU want. This is your life and your life only, you only get one so follow your dreams and do everything you want. You are going to okay, I promise <3