I'm pregnant not stupid
I work at a lovely Inn of such high Quality and I work the 11pm- whenever the lovely morning person decides to show (suppose to be 7am but hey ya know what does it matter if you show up at 8 or 9).
Now honestly I love customer service I honestly do, interacting with people is awesome but I’ll be damned if some people don’t need duct tape over their pie holes or a “asshole alert” to ring when they show up. Really the main things are as follow:
1. If you don’t have a valid (nonexpired) DL I can’t check you in, no we can’t take passports instead.
2. Yes the pool is closed along with the workout room, yes I know you’re upset but don’t yell at me because the owner hasn’t taken the few minutes to update the website which you didn’t even know existed till you left a bad review this morning.
3. When I ask if you want a paper copy or email copy of your receipt that does not mean sit there and say “yes” while texting on your phone, FFS PUT IT DOWN FOR THE 2 MINUTES IT TAKES FOR ME TO CHECK YOU OUT.
4. We have the continental breakfast, the restaurant that is attached is not affiliated with us expect for sharing the restrooms.
5. Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I’m unable to do my job, don’t sit there and try to tell my manager that I shouldn’t be working I’m trying hard enough to be kept on schedule as is.
6. If you see me put the coffee out do not sit there and try to BS me that it’s cold already YOU JUST WATCHED ME PUT IT OUT.
7. No I won’t give you a free upgrade because of the pool being out and you didn’t pay attention when I told you as you checked in, you already signed the agreement that’s not on me because you can’t listen.
8. I’m polite because I have to be, don’t mistake that as flirtiness and make comments how “if I were your husband I’d lock you up and keep you to myself” that’s creepy, period.
9. Do not proceed to stare at me and watch me work then get offended when I ask if you need something 3 times in a row because it’s part of the job and you’re making me uncomfortable.
10. Unless you’re a regular I’m not going to know you or what “the last person” did for you because I’m not them, and quite frankly I won’t give a damn even after you tell me.
11. You’re more likely to get things sooner if you say please or actually tell me you need something, otherwise don’t think I can read your mind then complain in the morning. I tell you right away as I check you in if you need something let me know (this also means don’t get a big creeper smile and say “Can I have you?” As you walk away. I will promptly be shuddering and hiding from you every time I see you.
12. Don’t. EVER. Snap your fingers and whistle at me if I’m in the middle of something. I will not respond even once you start with “hey, yo, are you deaf?” Because I’m petty and how hard is it to say “excuse me” really?
13. Yes I will take the front desk bell away from your child who is pounding on it, no I will not apologize when they start crying because you didn’t teach them manners.
14. Great you know the owner so do i, but the price is set and it’s not my call to change it but feel free to email oh wait you said she? Yeah no wrong hotel buddy.
15. (Coworkers) Just do your job. Please don’t call me in telling me it’s a medical emergency then let me hear you laughing about it to the manager cause now if you call and it is an emergency, buckle up buckaroo cause I won’t be answering my phone.
These are just a few of them that I wanted off my chest.