1) This is the first episode of a two-parter, so I’ll give you my verdict after I rewatch 2x10. Heads up: this two-parter is not among my favorite BTVS episodes.
2) Willow looks so giddy in the career fair. And of course she would be.
3) “I shouldn’t even be bothering with this. It’s all mootville for me. No matter what my aptitude test says, we already know my deal. (…) Do the words ‘sealed in fate’ ring any bells for you, Will? Why go there? I’m sorry, it’s just… unless Hell freezes over and every vamp in Sunnydale puts in for early retirement, I’d say my future is pretty much a non-issue.” This is kind of sad. It’s just yet another teenage experience Buffy has been deprived of. And it’s not just this particular experience, but the whole teenage constant feeling of possibility, that “I could be or do whatever I want, my whole life is ahead of me” thing. Buffy never got to enjoy this prerogative that most of us take/took for granted.
4) Why would Dru need to do a tarot reading to know what’s coming? She’s a psychic, after all. And I know they used the cards as this device to literally show us what was coming, and they are pretty, but it just doesn’t make sense.
5) Angel hugging Mr. Gordo is the cutest. He’s such a dork. Also, he looks kind of stupid.
6) “There’s a surprise. Angel comes with bad news.” Funny how this still held true way after he left the show.
Angel: Yeah. I’ll never be a kid.
Buffy: Okay, then a regular kid and her cradle robbing, creature-of-the-night boyfriend.
I know Buffy’s line is supposed to be funny “oh haha she’s cracking a joke about the age difference and his vampirism haha” but actually this is exactly what bothers me about the Buffy/Angel relationship in the early seasons. She was just a girl. Literally. She was 16! And for the sake of argument, let’s say he was 26, which is how old he was when he was turned (I’m not gonna say he is 240something because that wouldn’t be possible in the real world). Can you see how wrong is that? Why would everyone around Buffy be so on board with their relationship? Giles knew about it from the start and he thought that it was “rather poetic” since she was the slayer and Angel was a vampire. I don’t want to get nasty, but I just think it is utterly wrong that the writers - and as a result the characters - and the fandom romanticized a relationship that was, at the very least, questionable.
I guess this is because Sarah didn’t look like a 16-year-old. Well, Sarah wasn’t. She was 20 at the time. But even if Buffy “didn’t look 16″ she still was. And just so that you can understand why I feel this way, this is what Buffy would’ve looked like at 16.
Do you still think it would be okay for Buffy to date Angel?
And don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy their relationship and all the fluff and the angst and most of their scenes are really romantic and everything. Angel was Buffy’s first love, after all, and he really did love her, and they grew up and they still loved each other. But there’s still something very wrong about a 26-year-old man following a girl around since she was 15 and claiming he had loved her the moment he saw her.
Oh well. Let the unfollows begin!
8) Xander as a prison guard doesn’t make much sense, but Buffy as a police officer totally does. She had been policing the streets since she was 15, after all, right?
9) “She’s the gnat in my ear! The gristle in my teeth! She’s the bloody
thorn in my BLOODY SIDE!” Well, Spike was definitely obsessed with Buffy since day one, wasn’t he? And yes, it is not healthy at all.
10) “Whatever comes out of your mouth is a meaningless waste of breath. An airborne toxic event.” Sometimes, I’m Snyder.
Recruiter: The test was irrelevant. We’ve been tracking you for some time.
Willow: Is that a good thing?
No, Willow, that’s not a good thing! That’s fucking creepy and scary!
12) And FINALLY they meet!
I love how he smiles when he realizes he has finally found “that girl”. <3
13) This dude looked super scary.
14) And this dude looked super creepy. And not just because of his wormy physique.
15) And she’s just plain gorgeous.
And btw, why did she beat up the guy in the plane? That’s not very slayery of her!
16) Watching Buffy as she skates is a nice reminder that,
no matter how many apocalypses she has stopped, she is still a girl. And that’s what she keeps saying.
17) Of course, this girly girl will slice your throat with her skates if you mess with her or her boyfriend.
And now I’m laughing at Angel’s open mouth in this gif. Just look at him.
18) This was pretty cool but I’m so glad CGI has greatly improved over the last 20 years. Thank you, science.
19) I laughed at this way too much.
Giles: Well, perhaps my words of caution were… a little too alarming.
Xander: Ya think?
20) Oh, Willy the Snitch! Whatever happened to him? He just kind of disappeared, right?
21) Man, Angel does love a dramatic entrance. Or exit. Especially if there are shadows involved.
22) “Who are you? If you tell me what I need to know I won’t hurt you.” And you’re trying to threaten the girl who just kicked your ass?
23) Oh, Kendra’s accent. What a gift from the heavens.
24) Vampire strength is a fickle thing in this show. Just two episodes ago, a bunch of vampires had broken a steal door, and yet somehow we’re supposed to believe Angel can’t break out from that flimsy cage?
Cordelia: I can’t even believe you. You dragged me out of bed for a ride? What am I, mass transportation?
Xander: That’s what a lot of the guys say, but it’s just locker room talk. I wouldn’t pay it any mind.
26) And then the first amazing WTF moment in BTVS.
27) And of course…
There weren’t that many “TBC” in Buffy, right? I guess we’ll have to wait! ;)
An average school day at Sunnydale High School became a scene of terrible violence yesterday afternoon, when a woman disguised as a police officer opened fire on a group of students.
Halfway through the school day, during Career Day activities, a woman who arrived wearing a police uniform began firing at the gathered students with a semi-automatic pistol. Though the Sunnydale Police Department indeed had a career table at the event, department spokesman Topher Coames said that they had not sent a police officer to attend, and that the suspect must have taken advantage of the situation.
The woman, described by witnesses as blonde, tall and angry, fired into the crowd repeatedly. A senior was struck by a bullet in the arm and was later treated at the scene. After firing her gun into the crowd, the suspect fled from the school, although conflicting eyewitness reports say that several students tried to stop her and that one may have even attacked her.
Chief of Police Bob Munroe said that no motive or target was currently known, though the department has several “strong leads”. Munroe assured the public that they would soon have the suspect in custody.
Asked for comment, SHS Principal Reginald Snyder said, “I think it’s important to note that this was not a student, nor a teacher. This sociopath came from outside of my school. Maybe if more students took academics and Career Day more seriously, they wouldn’t grow up so deranged.”
Season 2, Episode 10, What’s My Line Part Two. A two parter?! Be still my heart! Double the joy! Not to mention the fact that there’s double the slayer too now! Plus a fantastic twist ending! Really amazing job on this episode! 10/10
Keep checking my posts for more reviews and if you enjoy them and my other posts give me a like/reblog/follow :)