[cracks knuckles] hold onto ur hats - i’m bout take a lil’ moment to sing this show’s praises
- 8 main cast members, only 2 of whom are white Americans; beautifully characterised, constantly developing, flawed, realistic people you root for, laugh with, feel in ur heart!!
- every culture, language, sexuality and gender identity is respected. nobody demeans their own country for laughs and they’re so honest about the unique issues each character (called a Sensate!) faces specifically because of their race, their gender, etc ACCORDING to where they live
- god, the cinematography. the colours, the acting, the shots, landscapes, the way it shows you parts of the world from almost every corner and makes you feel as if you’ve known them your entire life!!
- it doesn’t go down the “colour-blind, we’re all human”, route. it actively accepts, celebrates and encourages ppl in the show (and watching!!) to celebrate our differences, large and small. they’re what makes us, us; not something to overcome, to connect in spite of, but because of
- all of the 8 main characters are basically non-het, non-monogamous, and one of them is trans & if i was gonna define them, i’d have to say pansexual!! polyamorous!! go ahead & count how many non-white pansexual poly characters of multiple genders YOU know of in books, tv, movies, ANYTHING
- it gives me hope for our future. that as one diverse race, accepting of our differences, understanding the enemy, we can fight what tries to divide, kill and disconnect us
- it connects the people watching it to each other in a way that’s never happened to me with anything else. i can’t describe it, but it’s almost as if the empathic link between the Sensates pulls you and everyone else watching into some kind of massive network and you just feel real and vital and human and so, so alive
- THE SOUNDTRACK IS POPPIN and what’s up by the four non-blondes is about to become your anthem. i swear it
- every ship is 100% possible. they’re literally a big polyamorous pile of love (no spoilers … but wait for THOSE scenes). p much every ship is canon @ this point. what’s a ship war again
- sense8 preaches loving openly, unapologetically. it’s an advocate of diversity in every form imaginable. it’s about acceptance; it’s funny, it moves you, it opens you up, and it shows you what the world could be, for a moment, if we could push ourselves to be more connected
- so, if you read this far, and you’re totally into it - sense8 is available on netflix (and go.movies, if ur living That Life) rn, in danger of being cancelled so use #renewsense8 on twitter, tumblr and facebook to save it!!!!!!!!