Everybody is talking about the Mike/Eleven relationship this season (and not without good reason) BUT I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THERE AREN’T MORE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THE GLORIOUSNESS THAT IS THE MIKE AND WILL FRIENDSHIP.
Just a few examples of this goodness:
- Mike literally refusing to leave Will’s side pretty much from the moment he got infected by the shadow monster until the final episode.
- Mike sleeping in a hospital chair next to Will’s bed at the lab
- Will confiding in Mike about all the shadow monster episodes
- “I’ll take care of him. Let me take him home.” (on halloween night)
- Mike instinctually trusting Will about Dart being the demogorgon no questions asked
- “If we’re both going crazy then I guess we’ll go crazy together.”
- When Will had forgotten a lot of things because of the virus, but he hadn’t forgotten Mike
- Mike trying to phone Will throughout the school day when Will didn’t show up to school
- Joyce trying to send Mike home when Will’s infected and Mike is just not having ANY of that bullshit
- The only time we see Will’s facial expression change when he’s under the control of the shadow monster is when a single tear rolls down his face after Mike has finished telling the story of the day they met
- Oh no Will’s in trouble! *first thing we see is a camera pan to Mike’s worried face*
- Oh so when Will wakes up in the disguised shack of course Hopper will be there in case something goes wrong. Joyce and Jonathan obviously, because family. Oh and Mike Wheeler, despite the fact that the rest of their gang of friends remained in the house.
are you telling me that mike and will are like family because i am not emotionally ready to deal with that
- When they’re all telling stories to get Will to snap out of it and Will’s own mother and brother have told heart-wrenching emotional stories and nothing’s come of it and the thing that finally gets Will to fight back and start replying in morse code is Mike telling Will about the day they met
- Basically my emotions went everywhere when Mike was talking about the day that he became friends with Will
- “It was the best thing that I’ve ever done.”
You can go on and on about any of the other relationships between characters. But you cannot deny that the friendship between Mike and Will is literally the purest thing to ever exist on television.
To conclude, why are people not talking more about this beautiful example of everything good about the world that is Will Byers and Mike Wheeler’s friendship