Super early-definitely-going-to-change-first-thoughts on Moulin Rouge FD.
First I need to take a knee for Tessa in that dress. Whatever program its for, its perfect. Its the perfect dress. That’s it.
-This program is not given any justice in Practices. Its definitely going to be a program that you need to watch in its entirety every single time they do it. The breaks they take in it completely pull you out of it. And because it goes from Roxanne-Carmen-esq ,music to love ballad Come What May, you just need to sit in it fully. So this practice felt a little weird to me I think because of that.
-I was a bit underwhelmed by the ‘connection’ moments and I think that’s in part because of the breaks (see above) in the program during practice. I think Come What May is the part where they can just go for it and I didn’t get that right off the bat.
-All those spin-grab-toss-fall moments that Tessa does in Scott arm- perfect, I absolutely love every second of that.
-I feel like Tessa was very chatty or she was singing along which I was just enjoying.
I fully expect this program to give me all the feels when we see it on Saturday. I imagine most of these opinions will change over the course of the season.
1. What’s their full name? Why was that chosen? Does it mean anything?
2. Do they have any titles? How did they get them?
3. Did they have a good childhood? What are fond memories they have of it? What’s a bad memory?
4. What is their relationship with their parents? What’s a good and bad memory with them? Did they know both parents?
5. Do they have any siblings? What’s their names? What is their relationship with them? Has their relationship changed since they were kids to adults?
6. What were they like at school? Did they enjoy it? Did they finish? What level of higher education did they reach? What subjects did they enjoy? Which did they hate?
7. Did they have lots of friends as a child? Did they keep any of their childhood friends into adulthood?
8. Did they have pets as a child? Do they have pets as an adult? Do they like animals?
9. Do animals like them? Do they get on well with animals?
10. Do they like children? Do children like them? Do they have or want any children? What would they be like as a parent? Or as a godparent/babysitter/ect?
11. Do they have any special diet requirements? Are they a vegetarian? Vegan? Have any allergies?
12. What is their favourite food?
13. What is their least favourite food?
14. Do they have any specific memories of food/a restaurant/meal?
15. Are they good at cooking? Do they enjoy it? What do others think of their cooking?
16. Do they collect anything? What do they do with it? Where do they keep it?
17. Do they like to take photos? What do they like to take photos of? Selfies? What do they do with their photos?
18. What’s their favourite genre of: books, music, tv shows, films, video games and anything else
19. What’s their least favourite genres?
20. Do they like musicals? Music in general? What do they do when they’re favourite song comes?
21. Do they have a temper? Are they patient? What are they like when they do lose their temper?
22. What are their favourite insults to use? What do they insult people for? Or do they prefer to bitch behind someone’s back?
23. Do they have a good memory? Short term or long term? Are they good with names? Or faces?
24. What is their sleeping pattern like? Do they snore? What do they like to sleep on? A soft or hard mattress?
25. What do they find funny? Do they have a good sense of humour? Are they funny themselves?
26. How do they act when they’re happy? Do they sing? Dance? Hum? Or do they hide their emotions?
27. What makes them sad? Do they cry regularly? Do they cry openly or hide it? What are they like they are sad?
28. What is their biggest fear? What in general scares them? How do they act when they’re scared?
29. What do they do when they find out someone else’s fear? Do they tease them? Or get very over protective?
30. Do they exercise? Regularly? Or only when forced? What do they act like pre-work out and post-work out?
31. Do they drink? What are they like drunk? What are they like hungover? How do they act when other people are drunk or hungover? Kind or teasing?
32. What do they dress like? What sorta shops do they buy clothes from? Do they wear the fashion that they like? What do they wear to sleep? Do they wear makeup? What’s their hair like?
33. What underwear do they wear? Boxers or briefs? Lacey? Comfy granny panties?
34. What is their body type? How tall are they? Do they like their body?
35. What’s their guilty pleasure? What is their totally unguilty pleasure?
36. What are they good at? What hobbies do they like? Can they sing?
37. Do they like to read? Are they a fast or slow reader? Do they like poetry? Fictional or non fiction?
38. What do they admire in others? What talents do they wish they had?
39. Do they like letters? Or prefer emails/messaging?
40. Do they like energy drinks? Coffee? Sugary food? Or can they naturally stay awake and alert?
41. What’s their sexuality? What do they find attractive? Physically and mentally? What do they like/need in a relationship?
42. What are their goals? What would they sacrifice anything for? What is their secret ambition?
43. Are they religious? What do they think of religion? What do they think of religious people? What do they think of non religious people?
44. What is their favourite season? Type of weather? Are they good in the cold or the heat? What weather do they complain in the most?
45. How do other people see them? Is it similar to how they see themselves?
46. Do they make a good first impression? Does their first impression reflect them accurately? How do they introduce themselves?
47. How do they act in a formal occasion? What do they think of black tie wear? Do they enjoy fancy parties and love to chit chat or loathe the whole event?
48. Do they enjoy any parties? If so what kind? Do they organise the party or just turn up? How do they act? What if they didn’t want to go but were dragged along by a friend?
49. What is their most valued object? Are they sentimental? Is there something they have to take everywhere with them?
50. If they could only take one bag of stuff somewhere with them: what would they pack? What do they consider their essentials?
dunkirk is the kind of film you sit on after you see it. at first you’re like, yeah that was a good film. it was a different kind of war movie. then you leave the theater and you start thinking about it, all your favorite moments, the ones that made you bite your nails off. you think about the message and what christopher nolan is really trying to get across with the way he directed it. and then you realize that it’s actually sort of spectacular. because you were in the film. you weren’t just hearing a bunch of dialogue, knowing what someone was going to do next. you were basically living it. between the music and the acting, you were feeling what they were feeling. long story short, if you were unsure of dunkirk at first: sit on it. i guarantee you’ll see the beauty in it.
what she means: In a Crowd of Thousands reveals that Dmitry is set on the girl he saw when he was 10 years old, and when Anya remembers it being her, his first instict is to sing in rejoice because he found her again, and afterward leans in to kiss her. Anya isn’t opposed to it at all, but he stops because in that moment he has to realize that she’s not just the girl he’s been in love with all this time, she’s royalty. Dmitry literally finds his dream girl and then immediately after has to face the fact that she’s out of reach. His kneel is out of respect for her position, but it’s also the point where he is forced to accept that his dream was shattered as soon as it came true.
honestly this band has no concept of time like a whole week of activity is jammed into 2 seconds and “soon” could mean anywhere from an hour to 198 months like i just feel like i need to buy them a calendar with a conversion table
Her music, I love it when an artist comes back with an album and no one understands it for the first week, and then after the first week, everyone’s like ahhh I kinda get it. I love that, like even when she brought “Shake It Off” out last time for the first week I didn’t quite get it cause I was use to Red Taylor or Speak Now Taylor, yeah but then you understand it and like I think all artists have to evolve you know and for when I listened to it. I actually got it faster than I thought id get it cause I was like “aw sick like she’s obviously trying something new” and it worked.
Ed Sheeran on Taylor’s new music - RadioNow1009 [x]
(i’m doing their first and last SOLO lines, bc then over half of the firsts are “four jews in a room bitching” and the lasts are “and godchild to the lesbians from next door!”)
L: “…my friend.”
L: (alive!) “To Jason’s bar mitzvah!” OR “Thank you.”
(dead!) “There are no answers but what would I do?”
L: “Vie-eme-low yea-o-leh. Heh-oh-non vi-low. Ah-yis-is-ooh ay-is-ro-ale Ha-ooh low toe vo-o-meem aboh” (got the pronunciation off genius bc i’m not jewish and don’t know any hebrew so sorry!)
F: “Whadda they do for love?”
L: “This is where we take a stand. Welcome to Falsettoland.”
F: “Slavery! SLAVERY!”
L: “And aren’t things lovely?”
F: “Woman internist”
L: “I think perhaps I’m overdressed.”
F: “SHIKSA CATERER!”
L: “I think perhaps it doesn’t matter that you are.”
Ok but like what if Yuuri's a street performer and plays violin across from the rink Viktor practices at. Everyday when Viktor's going in he gives Yuuri money and watches him for awhile before he gets yelled at to go in. Well what if like competitions were coming up and Viktor doesn't have any music yet, so he runs across the street to Yuuri and asks him to help compose his music.