stuff i liked about supergirl 213 – a comment by me
- a surprising amount, given that i foolishly looked at the discourse before i watched. which is how i know it’s time for me to step the hell away from the fandom proper, because there is blood in the water for the show at this point and some of the utterly irrational things i saw before seeing the episode are just, having now seen it, mind boggling. there is nothing that will make the fandom as a collective happy now, and that level of relentless disenjoyment is just not what i want out of my fandom experience anymore. i’m old and tired and have what i think is a pretty rational measure of when something is harmful, and i just want to enjoy shit and make up stories about people with pretty faces. that’s not what everyone is in fandom for, it’s not even what i was once in fandom for, but it’s really all i ask out of fandom now. i’m not going to get it here anymore.
- mon-el with kara sucks. to be clear: not what i’m talking about.
- i started this weekly list because of the salt that had already started before season 2 had started, so here we go:
- kara used her very own brain to save the day in a clever, sneaky manner!
- alex is me, i am alex. it’s embarrassing seeing yourself on television.
- maggie sawyer, mvp. took a look at an old hurt and realised holding onto it was getting in the way of happiness now and decided to let it go. what a healthy, mature, adult thing to do
and i’m sorry fandom is going to shit all over alex for it for all eternity now.
- winn my son <3