Things To Know Before Getting Inked
I’ve been getting some questions recently about my tattoos and advice that I have for people getting their first tattoo, so I figured I’d break it down for you guys!
- Learn how to cover the tattoo (in case you ever need to). There are many, many products that claim to cover a tattoo, so I suggest doing some online research before choosing a product that will fully conceal your ink.
- Do your research on the tattooing process. Know what will happen before, during, and after the tattoo. Make sure you are aware of what is going to happen, and the different steps to applying a solid tattoo.
- Eat before your tattoo appointment! This will prevent you from possibly fainting/passing out during the tattoo. It also may help to bring a bottle of water.
- Bring distractions. You are less likely to be able to sit through your first tattoo if you are sitting there focusing on how badly it hurts. A book or an iPod can be a miracle in these situations.
- Pack snacks, a phone charger, and cash. You may want to take a break somewhere in the session, and that will give you an opportunity to charge your phone if you’ve been using it to distract yourself. Bring cash to tip your artist (tips can range between 15%-25% usually).
- Dress comfortably. Don’t go in a super nice maxi dress, or tight clothing. Don’t go in baggy clothes either, obviously; but wear something you’re going to be okay sitting in for hours.
- Look up tattoo shop etiquette. If you’ve never been in a shop before, chances are you probably don’t know how to act in one. Do some research and familiarize yourself with the typical environment you’re going to be in, and if possible, visit the shop beforehand and get the feel of things.
Hope I answered any questions. Thanks!